Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

SebtheBum wrote:
    Sh*t, I'm going to Berlin in July, and I've suddenly - a propos of nothing - realised that I'm really out of practice and ill-prepared for such a journey.

Balls.

I go to Berlin all the time and I speak no German at all apart from "Bitte" and pointing to a menu. You'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

John2 wrote:
    I go to Berlin all the time and I speak no German at all apart from "Bitte" and pointing to a menu. You'll be fine.
    /furiously taking note

"Bitte", eh? Hmmm... Makes sense!

Yeah, should be alright. Still... 6 years of trying to learn the bloomin' language for the Leaving, you'd think in all that time I might've learnt something of practical use!

Considering you'll meet about 2 Germans for every 10 people (6 of those 10 will be Turkish) I think you'll be more than capable of communicating as most people will speak English. But yeah, it sucks when you learn a language and can't communicate in it. My French is very rusty. I wish they taught stainless languages in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

As with Irish, I can understand it pretty well (much better than Irish though, sadly), but can't string a sentence together for ****. The best I can manage right now is "Ich studiere Biologie im Universitat, und ich finde es sehr interessant, aber meine Prufungen sind sehr schwierig". And that took a few seconds to process.

what's "schwierig"?

• Advertisement

difficult.

EDIT: Yaaay, I know something!!! :rolleyes:

****'s sake, I should be in bed. And my thumb is really sore, it's hard to write. I knew this would happen, I've been getting cramps and stiffness (steady on!) in my thumb from constant note taking, exam preparation and exams after months of purely computer work. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭fookchooknooris

and doing thumb jobs i'm sure.

lolzez

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

John2 wrote:
    copyofdscf00523ae.jpg
    Jayzus... what did the poor shopping trolley ever to him?

• Advertisement

The important thing is it sounds great. There's a video on youtube of him playing the trolleys, I'll find it later. Time to have a look over some stuff before my exam. See yis all later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

sounds great? whoa to each their own, i wouldn't rate the sound of an angle grinder on a shopping trolly as must listen to music though.be a bit much like work :/

[Club. Interior. Night]

RandomDrunkenFemale(RDF): So, what do you do?
    TrolleyMaestro(TM): I'm in a band
    RDF: Wow, that's hot - what instrument do you play?
    TM: Trollies. Get a great sound outta those things.

Pause

RDF: Sorry, I think I've just seen someone I know... Exit stage left

lol classic

Curse you, overactive immune system. Throat infection for 3 weeks that you couldn't budge, but yet you get set off by ****ing pollen. Pfffh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

ARGH

Had my interview for my Journalism Masters this afternoon. Most of it went well. Was happy. Until they started implying that I'd written too much stuff already, and that I wouldn't really get anything out of the programme. Cue vaguely frantic assurances from me that no, I want this Masters a lot and that that shouldn't be a reason not to give it to me.

I just want to go and drink myself into oblivion, instead of having to study for my Povery and Income Redistribution exam on Thursday.

I'm very blue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Sorry Stargal :(.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I've just spent over three hours of my day watching Gone with the Wind. My mother always speaks of it as the best thing since not just sliced bread, but bread in general, and I was heavily disappointed. OK, it's a good film (for 1939), but I definitely wasn't swept out of my armchair by it. So, basically, my rant is about hyperbole that turns out to be unfounded.

Why oh why don't I ever go to bed at a reasonable hour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

europerson wrote:
    I've just spent over three hours of my day watching Gone with the Wind. My mother always speaks of it as the best thing since not just sliced bread, but bread in general, and I was heavily disappointed. OK, it's a good film (for 1939), but I definitely wasn't swept out of my armchair by it. So, basically, my rant is about hyperbole that turns out to be unfounded.

Gone with the wind?

I wasn't blown away by it either.

Why oh why don't I ever go to bed at a reasonable hour?

Heh..for most of January-March, 5am was my usual bedtime. It was not healthy.

A pox upon you, Firefux...I had about 12 tabs open, all full of various pages of information on geography waffle, and the bloody thing decided to crash. I can't even think about looking at a page with Java, or it'll have a spaz attack and bring my computer to a crawl. Pfffh.

I should be in bed resting for my final final tomorrow but no, I'm up making a mix CD for John Ryder. It's quite good so far though. It'll bake his noodle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

gilroyb wrote:
    Gone with the wind?

I wasn't blown away by it either.
    (*cringes)

Do you want to be banned?

^_^ : P

ApeXaviour wrote:
    (*cringes)

Do you want to be banned?

^_^ : P

Puns are great and should be celebrated, not punished.

I don't know if my lastfm thingimy is working or not. It doesn't look like it but it might not have updated yet. Darnsarnit.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Rant: i've work in 3 hours....

John2 wrote:
    I don't know if my lastfm thingimy is working or not. It doesn't look like it but it might not have updated yet. Darnsarnit.

Fixed it. Apparently lastfm doesn't like wav files nor does it like mp3s without ID tags. ****ing emo saps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

ffs, been in since 7.30 - want to take a nap in the library for a bit...

• Advertisement

Awwww in since then too....2hrs later than normal...what a great lie in eh? you not feeling all refreshed with such a late start? :p

^^ not sure if thats a rant a bitch or a moan, but its some combination.....roll on the 10th already!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement