Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

There's a sunfish in the Natural History Museum. I think it was found in a lake near Killarney, if I remember correctly. It's ginormous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Mola.mola

That's really amazing.

Sunfish_bw.GIF

So that's where 'mola mola' came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Myth wrote:
    So that's where 'mola mola' came from.

It's Mola mola actually. Do you know nothing about formating conventions as regards Linnaean taxonomy? :p

Honestly, you'd think that none of you had ever done zoology!

We should have a Mola party. Mola Mola Mola Mola. Actually, does the SU shop still not sell cans of Coca Mola?

• Advertisement

Mola.mola wrote:
    Actually, does the SU shop still not sell cans of Coca Mola?

I laughed.

So did I. I like this new guy, he's a funny one.

AHH. I've a toothache. It's really sore when ever I eat anything. It's not really that sore, it's a little bit sore. I think it's one of my mola's on the bottom left of my jaw that needs a filling. :mad: :mad: :mad:

:d

EDIT: Why won't it let me put in a smiley? It keeps lower casing the d for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

because its reading your post as being all capitals.

• Advertisement

Jerk system. How come you can post all in caps on some fora and not on others on this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Because this is an Irish site. There are many complete cabbages who have never used the internet before (moreso than say an American site), and come on and post in all caps/text speak/etc.

Yes but why is it only on some fora on this site is what I'm asking. I could have sworn it was possible on other sections but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Pet wrote:
    Because this is an Irish site. There are many complete cabbages who have never used the internet before (moreso than say an American site), and come on and post in all caps/text speak/etc.
    omg iz bords.ie loike BEBO?!?!?!?!?! coz bebo is loike a total focking ledge wbwbwbwbwbwbwbwbwbwb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Typing the above made me feel dirty. If you'll excuse me, I'm about to go scrub myself with a yard brush)

You might need some of this while you're scrubbing too:
    pr_causod2.jpg

Wash your mouth out with it.

Mola.mola wrote:
    Wash your mouth out with it.

I'll wash your ma out with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

damn post finishing college emptiness. Oh well, I'll be signing on then!!

Don't you have to wait three months or six months before you can go on the dole?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

I dunno. damn. The idea of living off the state for a while is mighty appealing. I'll get the tabloids out, beat up the fat wife and fifteen children and watch television. Well it's not quite that appealing, but it is free money!

On another note, Sunburn and blisters. OOh, it's teeeeeeeeeeeerible. I also smell like a pikey after a jolly good old fire yesterday evening also.

• Advertisement

Don't forget wearing a greasy white vest and eating curry chips for dinner every day.

Grrrr to the music room being closed off for building work. My arms are gone to absolute **** by this stage, great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

http://www.tcd.ie/Buildings/projectsmetro.php <---just thought some might find this interesting - TCD begins plans against the metro underneath Trinity, because the RPA hasn't researched it :p

Yeah I saw that too, hehehehe. It's also interesting to look at the other expansion plans they have, like the one for the Trinity Enterprise Centre, or the new Biological Sciences building down past Goldsmith on Pearse Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

haha nifty, yeah looking at that don't really want em tunneling anywhere near the museum building, its cool..screwup ****ing **** up in there would be very bad...

The shiny new Director of Buildings web-site is cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Cool. Tinity used to grow its own vegetables...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Anyone know what 'artesian water' is?

Anyone know what 'artesian water' is?
    Water from an artesian well? Remember primary school geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

this is definately a moan.

I've had to cancel my trip to Canada because my best mate's dad died.

Twas set to be the highlight of my summer.

Still, I'm sure I'm doing the right thing. Even if the entire cost of the flight is non-refundable. €600 down the drain.

My condolences. Life really sucks sometimes :(

FUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK! MY vital saving-me-from-failure exam is tomorrow, and I still haven't quite made my way to the library :mad:

Plus, the sis is arriving for an orgy of girliness and shopping on Thurs, and my room still has crap dumped randomly EVERYWHERE. Seriously needs to be tidied before she arrives.

Also, one week in, and I hate my job already. :(

• Advertisement

Hermione* wrote:
    the sis is arriving for an orgy (

Crash really has it sweet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement