Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Mola.mola wrote:
    Crash really has it sweet.

He already knew that ;)

Went to great lengths to ensure I had the Saturday after next off work, so I could go home and spend Father's Day with my dad, whom I haven't seen since March. And now they have plans made to be elsewhere, and they want to know if I could come home the following weekend. I want to go home and be taken care of! Plus, I really miss my dad. Meh. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ouchies, speaking of which i should probally inform my parents of same so they arn't gone somewhere..............

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Bloody people were told repeatedly 'I AM COMING HOME FOR FATHER'S DAY, I WANT TO SEE DAD SOON' .... apparently, they thought I'd be working that Satrurday. How they thought I'd work a Saturday shift in Dublin, and spend a wwekend in Limerick, is beyond me.

It's not as if they ever have to ask me to come home or anything. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

europerson wrote:
    Water from an artesian well? Remember primary school geography.

I'm afraid I was deprived of a primary school geography education. Along with primary school history. God, D4 is such a ghetto...

Anyone who isn't being a sarky git know what artesian water is?

This is the internet, google?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artesian_aquifer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I see where this might be going. One can buy Fiji artesian water in Fallon and Byrne now. It's from an artesian source in Fiji. Artesian water does not come into contact with air, and is, therefore, supposed to be "purer".

[RANT]I'm sick. I have a fever and my nose is running, and I fear it's spreading to my throat. Doctor tomorrow, methinks.[/RANT]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

europerson wrote:
    I see where this might be going. One can buy Fiji artesian water in Fallon and Byrne now. It's from an artesian source in Fiji. Artesian water does not come into contact with air, and is, therefore, supposed to be "purer".

[RANT]I'm sick. I have a fever and my nose is running, and I fear it's spreading to my throat. Doctor tomorrow, methinks.[/RANT]

You could be onto something there....

As for Artesian water, its just a more marketable way of saying not tap water, and due to a societal affliction with youth, purity is a huge seller so hence Artesian water presumably costs more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

societal affliction with youth

Youth are an affliction on society? That's news to me. Obsession, perhaps?

*has head in hands*

emm its some strange colloquialism that my family uses.

and pet i presume you're going to spell check this.

And Pet, will you be a pet and check for spelling mistakes, misuse of words and other sources of irritation for pedants in the above post?

But of course. There should be an apostrophe in "its", but aside from that you're clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    But of course. There should be an apostrophe in "its", but aside from that you're clear.

No, she started a sentence with 'and' which is a no-no, roro.

Not really, that rule only applies when "and" functions as a direct conjunction (eg "I have a cat. And a dog."), whereas in this case it was indicating an afterthought.

In any case, this "Head of Grammar Police" post seems like an awful lot of work, especially with Ian around. :p

Pet wrote:
    Not really, that rule only applies when "and" functions as a direct conjunction (eg "I have a cat. And a dog."), whereas in this case it was indicating an afterthought.

In any case, this "Head of Grammar Police" post seems like an awful lot of work, especially with Ian around. :p

No one made you head of the grammer police. More like you've just become my bitch.

*Grammar.
    More like you've just become my bitch.

I don't think I'll be joining crash, europerson and angrybanana in that regard, sorry.

Nah I'm not that good.

And as for your not being a bitch, you're completing your duties wonderfully.:p

Now you're just being sloppy.

nah actually im watching prison break. trying to post as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Moan: I completely forgot that this Friday is the Guns and Roses concert, and as such completely forgot to book the day off work. And the two other guys I work with who are also going to the concert already snagged it, which means a morning of a) convincing my manager to let me call in outside help (which is perfectly standard, but he seems to feel reflects badly on him) and b) ringing around to every other store in the district to look for said outside help. You know, I used to be organised about things...

Though I'm momentarily brightened to see that I've been left off the list of "Hilary's bitches", whether that's accurate or not.

nah actually im watching prison break. trying to post as quickly as possible.
    Great show, pity about them making a second season though, would have been better to wrap it up in one and just end it.

Stupid house alarm nearby is going off. It's not annoying me except when I'm trying to listen to music, why can't it pulse in time to the beat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Yeah...that sucks, a few days back the electricity went off and every alarm for miles was going off, I was outside too, trying to study for exams ;_;

Fortunately I had my trusty laptop at hand, so the constant flame of beat was only turned off for a few seconds, before I was able to rekindle the acid house beatz...

It's stopped now. A silence has returned to the glade. Time to rectify that.

stupid lil bro seems to have left my roll on deoderant on my bed, now i can't figure out if he's used it and i'll have to throw it out or not. And he's no use cause he's drunk somewhere....... BAH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 jetfire

stupid lil bro seems to have left my roll on deoderant on my bed, now i can't figure out if he's used it and i'll have to throw it out or not. And he's no use cause he's drunk somewhere....... BAH.
    hate that. my little bro acts the same way,always using stuff that belongs to me.

I'm tired and cranky

It's not that big a deal surely? Don't be so fussy!

I'm absolutely wrecked, but I'm heading out again in a few mins, may as well.

Pet wrote:
    It's not that big a deal surely? Don't be so fussy!

I'm absolutely wrecked, but I'm heading out again in a few mins, may as well.

You hussy

**** **** **** NIGHT!!!!

Ah damn, first night out since i've gotten back and just ah no buzz,and the cuntin' work people didnt show up in 21 and i payed in, and then went back to the Geogre and just ah wasn't in the mood to be a fag hag for the night. And i was wearing my new dress, and bollaxy. And had to get a taxi home cos i got fed up at 1.

Anyway moany maony moany. And i hate being finished for the summer. I love being in college. I like the hanging around and the endless cups of coffee and the lenght of time it takes to get accross front square and the fact that theres academic owrk and I miss debating and the conversation room and council meetings and going out with the paintball dudes, and having terrible shows on Tfm and hanging out for hours in the sceim and on and on and on. The pav has lost its shine and so forth. Moany moany, moany.

I know that feeling but replace the feminine elements in your post with things like playing guitar, rocking out and tea instead of coffee.

• Advertisement

I don't actually drink coffee or tea for that matter. it was more just for effect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement