Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

shay_562 wrote:
    To be fair, at least 50% of that can be said of him at pretty much any time.
    Well, excluding the space, I count sixteen characters with my one functional eye. I presume you're referring to the "sly drunk" bit.

PS you're dead.

John2 wrote:
    Obnoxiously drunk
    I was not. I was friendly. I can't remember it very well, but I think we got on so well we'd scrap just like the lads beside us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

PS you're dead.

Such a mature clam cool collected way of responding. :rolleyes:

Such a mature clam cool collected way of responding. :rolleyes:
    The calm and cool response was covered by at least the first 50% of the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

****. I just bet a tenner online a various combinations of a treble on the rugby over the weekend, and accidently clicked "Draw" instead of "Win"...****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Personally, I kinda consider a day wasted if I don't get at least one death threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

An ode to hayfever:

itchy eyes.

*scratch*

they swell up and go red and puffy.

*scratch*

my nose, too, gets itchy.

*scratch*

my sinuses get blocked up with all the phlegm and whatnot.

*snuffle*
    *scratch*

*scratch*

my irritated nasal cavities send triggers to my brain, causing me to sneeze repeatedly. saliva and phlegm sprays everywhere in a cloud, covering my computer screen.

*scratch*

*snuffle*

*sneeze*
    *sneeze*
    *sneeze*
    *sneeze*
    *sneeze*

*snuffle*

*scratch*

*sneeze*
    *sneeze*
    *sneeze*
    *sneeze*

*snuffle*

it's all extremely attractive.

fin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

****ing world cup. Ruining TV schedules for weeks when I can finally sit down and enjoy television. I hope FIFA go and die.

Yeah I know the feeling. Soccer is so damn boring, I'd rather watch the OC.

Pet wrote:
    An ode to hayfever:

itchy eyes.

*scratch*

they swell up and go red and puffy.

*scratch*

my nose, too, gets itchy.

*scratch*

my sinuses get blocked up with all the phlegm and whatnot.

*snuffle*
    *scratch*

*scratch*

my irritated nasal cavities send triggers to my brain, causing me to sneeze repeatedly. saliva and phlegm sprays everywhere in a cloud, covering my computer screen.

*scratch*

*snuffle*

*sneeze*
    *sneeze*
    *sneeze*
    *sneeze*
    *sneeze*

*snuffle*

*scratch*

*sneeze*
    *sneeze*
    *sneeze*
    *sneeze*

*snuffle*

it's all extremely attractive.

fin

ditto. and i've never had hayfever before. unfortunately i keep wearing mascara and eyeliner, and i have a feeling that does nothing to relieve the itching in my eyes.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    I hope FIFA go and die.

Just restating this as I demand action!

Work Bastards!!!!

Not only is full time not an option they didn't even give me any extra shifts. Looks like i'm finally about to leave.

You know what you have to do. Burn the shop down! Burn them all!

Seriously, though, that sucks. What happened to the "Two part-time jobs" plan?

Bah, I was around early today (got into town at around 8:15) and M&S wasn't open yet so I could avail of some melon medley. It's addictive, but good. I had to go with Centra rip-off which tastes rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

Ah but its the world cup, its good to watch unlike the premiership

BrenC wrote:
    Ah but its the world cup, its good to watch unlike the premiership

No it's not, it's a bunch of guys kicking a ball around. It's pants.

This packing and moving out is a load of fucking arse. Why did I bring so much stuff with me, and how did I manage to double my accumulations over the year?

I actually have to get a van to bring all my stuff home, no kidding. And I've spent the past 4 hours packing, and I'm only half done.

Bollocks to it, I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

did you know this thread is in the top ten "most posted" threads on boards.ie? possibly something regarding the 'bitchiness of TCD' could be read into this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

also, to include my own rant/bitch/moan:

1. hostel beds with hard pillows give ear ache.

2. German tourists staying in hostels wake up annoyingly early

3. American tourists staying in hostels still talk in their loud american way when coming into a 14-bed dorm at 3am

4. Ear plugs do not perform the task they are meant to, and in fact the squishiness of ear plugs makes it hard to sleep without thinking that a slug has gone to sleep in your ear.

No one can change my mind on football. It's a silly, silly game that doesn't need to be on every channel all the time.

• Advertisement

• Yeah what's with ear plugs? They don't block anything out, just make it quieter. It helps if I'm already asleep and someone comes in talking loudly but if it's noisy and I'm trying to get to sleep they do nothing, and that's the reason I got them. I'm sick of going to bed at 1am and finally drifting off at 3 :mad:

Just learn to ignore noise. That's what I do. I only use earplugs at gigs that I'm afraid of damaging my hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

They do, however, prevent slugs from crawling into your ears, by already occupying the space.

What about ear wigs? Or ear mirkins?

It's a silly, silly game that doesn't need to be on every channel all the time.

If there were any shows worth watching on TV at the moment I'd be a lot more indignant about the crappy scheduling, but as it is I'm going to settle for a simple "I agree!".

Football = boring ****e. That is all.

I don't think I've ever seeen so many guys moan about football.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/columnists/tom_powers/14741693.htm

Laughably stupid and typical American journalism + taking the piss out of the World Crap = score.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the van to arrive so I can drag all my stuff down. And with exactly 4 hours sleep in the past 48 hours, it should be jolly good fun.

I hate tourists. Well, no I hate Trinity tourists. It is now Summer, and all day long I am forced to listen to 'Guided tours of Trinity College, including free admission to the Old Library and the Book of Kells' (when I don't wish to listen to music). Also, numerous tourists plague the office, though thankfully not this week as they have to wrestle the corridors with painters. Right now underneath my window are newly moved in American tourists/students. They won't shut up. I've discovered how they're shocked that there's only one toilet in their apartment. They're also thinking about going to Captain Americas. I would throw a box of pigs over them as a welcome, if only security hadn't given out since someone had been throwing pigs excessively out my window (not actually me!). So bah.

On the point about painters, I had to take all the information off my door yesterday. Boo. Granted no-one wants to know about Regent House being open in September 2005, or how to become a class rep while it is June, but I still liked having it there. All that's there right now is a Mac sticker (no longer with a worm sticking out of the apple), one of those TCDSU stickers which won't come off, and a rainbow sticker. I even took off the European Day of Languages stickers which had 'talk to me' in around 25 different languages which I liked, since they'd be painted over. Boo, hiss.

Final rant - having to clean the office. I've enjoyed participating in what was described (by another self-acclaimed multi-committee nut) to be a 'volcanic' filing system for the mound which appears. 2 Boards, 2 University Councils, a cross-over week, and that's it: I'm done. 25 days.

Grr, I think I'm just being angry and nostalgic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I don't think I've ever seeen so many guys moan about football.

Ole, Ole Ole Ole, Ole, Ole
    Ole, Ole Ole Ole, Ole

We've qualified for the World Cup
    Go and compete

We're prepared, a new goal
    We'll do our best
    We'll Put 'em Under Pressure, defense, defense

The game is about
    Being effective
    Being aggressive
    Winning the ball
    Getting it on with the play