Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Btw...

****ing German Bastards.....

You Know What Its Like Working With A Load Of Polish Guys Crying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I second that.

I was in The Living Room, which was packed (and I mean PACKED) with Polska fans. Unbelievable atmosphere, chanting, booing, raucous cheering... It was phenomenal.

And then the bloody Germans had the temerity to score in the last minute.

B*stards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Something about summer camp and being kept inside on a sunny day to watch idiots chase a football around a field. Not altogether exciting.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

women just dont get football....

rarely...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well its **** so like they are better off.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

well its **** so like they are better off.........

+1 to that. Football is the opiate of the masses. Or at least the cheap cider of the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Lost me a ****ing fiver as well - won 32 euro on a free bet so am playing around with it, seeing what i can make out of it :)

Football is the most global expression of passion there is that (predominantly) remains peaceful. The feelings it engenders are more intense than in any other sport and, in all likelihood, anything else that you might encounter in your lifetime.

Be tolerant of football fans - we do not lack imagination, nor have we led sad or barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller and contains much less potential for unexpected delerium.

The communal ecstasy brought about by football is simply unparallelled. What more can I say?

You need to watch rugby seb. there's a real sport - 80 minutes of screaming at the tv and dieing at the end...

Try 90 mins.
    With bigger crowds.
    From more countries.

Most global sport... Phenomenal appeal... Tis no fluke.

I love watchin Rugby as well, but... There's only so many teams who even play the bloomin' game. And then ya just hav to play em again. 200 teams play international football. Thousands upon thousands of teams play club football... It's an international language by this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Something about summer camp and being kept inside on a sunny day
    Don't mention the war!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re rugby: I'd prefer it to soccer if it wasn't populated by quiffed, pompous, heino-belly sporting, warrior pretension having ****. It was funny when that blackrock twat got speared in new zealand and started crying about it afterwards. That shows what a warrior he was. I reckon even his goofy looking cokehead dolly bint of a girlfriend would even kick his ass whilst posing for her usual allocation of fourteen photographs per week in the sunday indo.

seb the sheer number of teams who play the game his highly irrelevent, as the vast majority of them just plain suck. And even then decent team vs **** team can often result in 0 - 0 matches, now what kinda lame ass game results in thats sorta outcome? Rugby >>>>>> Soccer

And actually Seb its not a fluke its alot to do with the financing of the british game decades ago, british colonial influences and so on. Its nothing to do with the quality of the game at all really. It actually ranks lowest of the field sports i can think of that are played internationally these days.... Complete pussy's game....

seb the sheer number of teams who play the game his highly irrelevent, as the vast majority of them just plain suck. And even then decent team vs **** team can often result in 0 - 0 matches, now what kinda lame ass game results in thats sorta outcome? Rugby >>>>>> Soccer
    That makes it unpredictable - unlike Rugby *yawn*.
    And actually Seb its not a fluke its alot to do with the financing of the british game decades ago, british colonial influences and so on. Its nothing to do with the quality of the game at all really.
    By that exact same logic, Cricket and Rugby (just the two that spring to mind) should be played by everyone, everywhere... But they're not. Overcomplicated sports. (Again, I'm not sayin they're bad, just weaker than football).

In fact, those sports should be MORE popular than football. Rugby and Cricket had far more financial backing in the early days - these were the sports played by the hoity-toity upper classes FFS. The working man's game triumphed, and continues to do so... The money came after football's global success, not before.

SebtheBum wrote:
    That makes it unpredictable - unlike Rugby *yawn*.
    unpredictible? its just plain sad, "Yes we know were great but we were unlucky today" , vs "Yes we know were great and that's why we won 90 - 0"
    Any sport that woffles on about luck when it should just be about skill/form is crap imo.
    By that exact same logic, Cricket and Rugby (just the two that spring to mind) should be played by everyone, everywhere... But they're not. Overcomplicated sports. (Again, I'm not sayin they're bad, just weaker than football).
    In fact, those sports should be MORE popular than football. Rugby and Cricket had far more financial backing in the early days - these were the sports played by the hoity-toity upper classes FFS. The working man's game triumphed, and continues to do so... The money came after football's global success, not before.
    By your own arguement, Rugby/Cricket were considered upper class sports, they were never pushed for adoption by the masses unlike soccer. Completely irrelevent of the quality of the game, it was the working class game........

I think hurling should be an international sport.

Now THERE'S a ****ing warriors sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Flin died in Home and Away.:( :(:(:(

Sports is teh yawn. Unless we're talking about something where you might die, it's a pussy sport. Except hurling, my scars will never heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Everyone's leaving today, the last full day in halls. :(

There's a big party tonight for all of us who insist on staying to the last, and then I have to pack my remaining stuff and get the bus home and commence unpacking/washing 2 months' worth of laundry/etc..

It's better to have lived and lost than to never have lived in halls at all

Rant: Was coming in through front arch after grabbing some lunch, and a tourist grabbed me by the arm and asked me where Nassau Street was. Lovely.

• Advertisement

Did you karate kick them in the face and yell "You ****ing ****! Go **** yourself or I'll do it for you, you ****!"

No, I was stupid and nice and gave them directions.

I'm usually nice to tourists, although when they shoot dirty looks my way for getting in the way of their photos, I'm never apologetic. Tough ****, Josh, it's my college and I'll walk where I like.

someone asked me to move once when i was walking through their photo. I ranted that the moment they paid my registration fee, THEN they could ask me to move. they looked kinda scared. oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

John2 wrote:
    Sports is teh yawn. Unless we're talking about something where you might die, it's a pussy sport. Except hurling, my scars will never heal.
    Motorcycle road racing. They use straw bales as crash barriers, the cookstown 100 lap record (I think) averages 135mph... on a road used by normal traffic for the other 50 weeks in the year. The kells "track" has a hump where the guys get four feet of air at 170mph. get it wrong and you ain't getting up again!

Hurling is sweet too, thirty psychos with sticks and ballerina feet and never a dull moment, and it's fairly unlikely you'll see sean og on the ground grabbing his knee after someone glances off him. He'll get up, hop the **** into the other lad (well not really but...) and score a point from 70 metres.

Stupid tourists are in House 6. Go away and shut the **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

To quote generations of TCD students:

Why is it called the Tourist season if we're not allowed shoot them?

Yikes. I now have 90 minutes to clean this apartment.

****. :eek:

Tourist gave out to me last night for 'slamming' my door in the GMB. Problem was that I wasn't slamming, it closes automatically like that.

On the plus side, I now get the kitchen cleaned for me, because I'm sharing it with 4 tourists.

• Advertisement

haha living with tourists, now i imagine that sucks...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement