Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Finished watching Veronica Mars season 1 a while ago, have to wait till shay gets home and watches season 2 before I can see the whole thing. and ahh how can it end like that, but Ian it is Logan at the door isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Thanks to someones idle comment, i've now been reminded of the only person i want to beat the **** out of,ever.

I'm not generally an angry person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Still, it's nice to know that you think of me occasionally...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Hmm. I missed Opeth, and it looks like I'll be missing Tool too because of work. :(
    And even Electric Picnic may be out of the question. :(

Oh well.

*waits for John2 to gloat*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Finished watching Veronica Mars season 1 a while ago, have to wait till shay gets home and watches season 2 before I can see the whole thing. and ahh how can it end like that, but Ian it is Logan at the door isn't it?
    at the door when now? how much of s02 have you seen? me don't want to spoil it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    Hmm. I missed Opeth, and it looks like I'll be missing Tool too because of work. :(
    And even Electric Picnic may be out of the question. :(

Oh well.

*waits for John2 to gloat*

*deep breath*

*GLOATS*

*fails to find a google image to sum up gloatage*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

goats.jpg

Here you go.

:D Thanks

Oh and for ****'s sake, after getting into the top ten most posted threads list we've been knocked out by a ****ing football thread!

Yeah, I noticed that too. I share your 'bah'.

• Advertisement

Also, CSC's server is bollocksed again from the looks of things.

at the door when now? how much of s02 have you seen? me don't want to spoil it...

Only two episodes, but I searched YouTube, so I now know who it is.

Seth from the OC=best tv guy ever

Logan>Seth

Loagn=ultimate tv guy ever

Oh and for ****'s sake, after getting into the top ten most posted threads list we've been knocked out by a ****ing football thread!
    It sickens me.

Due to laziness/procrastination, tickets which I was supposed to buy yesterday sold out not minutes before I went to buy them today. Fiddlesticks. I'm actually extremely, extremely pissed off about this by the way, I'm just too exhausted to put it to words.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Boo to '896'.

europerson wrote:
    Boo to '896'.

Agreed 100%.

Loagn=ultimate tv guy ever

haha logan's character is pretty cool alright, how come ye didn't get the rest of season 2 off shay? i'll start with the spoilers any day now..... though it did end very 'odd' the season that is, due to the belief at the time it might be the end of the series i guess...

The episodes of season 2 I've seen were on tv,Living is currently showing it. I havn't gotten it of shay yet becuase a) he's in Sloveinia and b) he hasn;t watched them yet.

I love dvds, i get to watch just the scenes I want to....So it's Logan, Logan, and more Logan.:)

Though that smilie should possibly be a *sigh*.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Damn agent_smith ringing me to see if I want to go out. I only just got home ffs. And Bray is miles away.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

****ing Cineworld and its ****ing ass rules and codewords and other such bull****... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

europerson wrote:
    Boo to '896'.
    I kinda like it, but I'll miss the tradition. I wish we could have just stolen the whole 10,000 numbers available, clearly somebody is taking our area.

Actually, after reading the email from Richard I went on a little TCD-explore.

Here's a fact-finding mission for you Mattie (and anyone else if your're interested):

Who would I go to see on campus if I only had €13.40 and wanted to get blind drunk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Who would I go to see on campus if I only had €13.40 and wanted to get blind drunk?

Well not sure about that, but I'm sure that would be the perfect amount of money to get the poor mans 'Matt the Jap' who hangs around the Buttery. He looks like the quintessential blind drunk to me.

My other guess would be to go up to the science end and see how much ethenol one gets for €13.40. I'd say you'd get blind drunk with a few euro left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Dunnes on george's street. 88 cent cans. You could pick up five cans of 8.6 bavaria for around a tenner. You could also pick up a bottle of buckfast and three or four cans. Or a half bottle of spirits. 13.40 should be enough to see to all but the most stubborn sobriety.

gilroyb wrote:
    My other guess would be to go up to the science end and see how much ethenol one gets for €13.40. I'd say you'd get blind drunk with a few euro left over.
    That ****'s got benzene and sulphur in it so unless you don't like yourself it;s probably a bad idea.

there's no pure ethanol around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

The episodes of season 2 I've seen were on tv,Living is currently showing it. I havn't gotten it of shay yet becuase a) he's in Sloveinia and b) he hasn;t watched them yet.

I love dvds, i get to watch just the scenes I want to....So it's Logan, Logan, and more Logan.:)

Though that smilie should possibly be a *sigh*.

I <3 logan.

Rant: he's just a tv character. why do all my telly boyfriends let me down this way by not existing in real life?

Random factoid of the day: It's interesting that scientology has being mentioned in this thread - the actor that plays logan is a scientologist.

nah, they put sulphur in to stop people drinkin it (poisoning!) and make it exempt from tax. The benzene is a by-product of the synthesis (cheaper than distillation) You can get the pure stuff but it tends not to be too common.

spent time investigating this have we?

Luckily, yes!

During one particularly boring biology lab, I came very, very close to drinking the ethanol from one of those squeezy bottles, in a "one for me, one for you" approach (we were spraying it onto a series of glass slides as part of a staining procedure). I never knew at the time that it was tainted ethanol. I am now glad I didn't follow through, although being taken to hospital would have been fun compared to that practical..

• Advertisement

Dead Ed wrote:
    nah, they put sulphur in to stop people drinkin it (poisoning!) and make it exempt from tax. The benzene is a by-product of the synthesis (cheaper than distillation) You can get the pure stuff but it tends not to be too common.

I never knew that. Doesn't mention sulfur on the ingredients on the ethanol we use.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement