Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Here's a fact-finding mission
    I said €13.40 for a specific reason, the reference wasn't accidental or random, nor was blind drunk. If yer up for a bit of a treasure hunt, all ye need has been said.
    gilroyb wrote:
    My other guess would be to go up to the science end and see how much ethenol one gets for €13.40. I'd say you'd get blind drunk with a few euro left over.
    Very warm.
    there's no pure ethanol around?
    Also very warm.

Who would I go see??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

A man about a dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

anyone doing chemistry at all? a lab tech?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

There is one boardsie but he lurks more than he posts and he prefers gasing people with ethers and chloroform, rather than providing us with ethanol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Well any ethanol I've encountered in labs has been tainted, except, I think "analytical alcohol" (or something like that). I think it may depend on the application (you would hardly need ultrapure ethanol for a ****ty jf experiment) but it is not easy to get your hands on the pure stuff. That you can drink.
    I'd watch the chloroform though, I think that disagrees with the kidneys' way of thinking. It's odd stuff too, it feels like your lungs coat with ice and you get a little dizzy.

Also, just realised what this thing is about now, D'oh! thought it was just a search for a cheap way to get pissed!

I know who you might be able to see but it's unlikely they'd actually alcohol you up, unless you break into the store...

• Advertisement

Weather's gross

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

So knackered. The daily commute to DCU means leaving the house at 0715, and not getting home until 2330. Plus the bus costs about €10 a day. So I'm just gonna move back out to Halls for the next two and a half weeks!

I'm ill. And I hate being ill. And I'm ill to the point of drinking 7up and hot water for the placebo effect. And I moan (more) when I'm ill. And i hate being ill.

*This should all be said in a fashion similar to that of Nikki in big brother.

I really really really hate being ill. And there's nothing on tv, and I'm all out of Veronica Mars and Logan is unlikely to be interested in a sick girl, and computers make me dizzy and IM BORED and IM ILL. I hate being ill.

The weather's pox too, but worse 'cos I'm ill.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

anyone else get the Feeling that Awayindahils isnt well?

/me hands hilary a bowl of Chicken soup.

at least you can stay off school if your sick

• Advertisement

I bought a CD in Paris and when I got it home and opened up the shrink wrap, the CD was all corroded and ****ed up :mad:

My wisdom teeth are giving me hell, I had to get heavy-duty painkillers from hospital last night, and I was so spaced I slept in this morning and missed work, which included a free trip to Glendalough. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Also, I can't drink tonight, but I suppose who needs alcohol when you've got codeine derivatives..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

John2 wrote:
    I bought a CD in Paris and when I got it home and opened up the shrink wrap, the CD was all corroded and ****ed up :mad:

return it, it's your statutory right <3

It's a bit scabby tainting the ethanol, sounds like it totally recks the buzz :O

uh huh, so fly back to paris to return it?

Luckily the record store is where my friend works so I'll just post it to him. However, I won't be able to get a replacement as it was their only copy of a heavily out of print CD (FM Einheit/Caspar Brotzmann's Merry Christmas for those interested).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

John2 wrote:
    Luckily the record store is where my friend works so I'll just post it to him. However, I won't be able to get a replacement as it was their only copy of a heavily out of print CD (FM Einheit/Caspar Brotzmann's Merry Christmas for those interested).

gg FM Einheit...<3

Wow that's sucky then..;_;

Yup. Someday I'll get it and the rest of the Einheit CDs I'm missing (basically everything apart from Neubauten and Radio Inferno).

Some good news, it wasn't actually corrosion on the CD, it was something on the outside which with a little elbow grease, a soft cloth and a *lot* of spit mostly came off to allow the CD player to read it.

Some ****ing yanks are talking about some ****ing puppy in ****ing california on the steps of house 8. Time to throw on some loud music.

Actually speaking of yanks, funniest thing I heard this week, was a conversation bewteen some americans on the way home on the bus. They were complaining baout the cold weather and so forth and were comparing the results of their shopping expidtions. Most of them had bought trinity/ireland/Guiness hoodies and the like. One of them however had found this amazing store called Pennys, and had gotten a track top for 8euro. I mean the place was having some sort of major sale. it was priceless at the time.

Theres alot of Americans staying in UCD too, they're always on my bus. Does Trinity do summer courses for American students, or is it just accomidation?

• Advertisement

Actually speaking of yanks, funniest thing I heard this week, was a conversation bewteen some americans on the way home on the bus. They were complaining baout the cold weather and so forth and were comparing the results of their shopping expidtions. Most of them had bought trinity/ireland/Guiness hoodies and the like. One of them however had found this amazing store called Pennys, and had gotten a track top for 8euro. I mean the place was having some sort of major sale. it was priceless at the time.

Theres alot of Americans staying in UCD too, they're always on my bus. Does Trinity do summer courses for American students, or is it just accomidation?

I'm not sure. I either direct them towards where to buy a student travel card, or turn up music so I can't hear them, and the rare times when I throw pigs out the window at them.

I was talking about the Pennies thing to someone recently actually, funny you should mention that.

Well I'd rather Americans to Spanish students; Hall is full of them at the moment, and they're SO god damn loud and screechy.

You all hate foreigners?

hitlercat7uq.jpg

John2 wrote:
    You all hate foreigners?

hitlercat7uq.jpg

Pff.

171930094_f33a2de0c1.jpg

Yanks are now talking about how their major is bull****. Seriously.

Myth wrote:
    Pff.

171930094_f33a2de0c1.jpg

Pah, my one doesn't need props. He's got a more realistic tache and the comb over.

hitler-watermelon.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I think the attachement speaks for itself.

Though I may be a little intoxificationed currently I think this requires comment. I SENSE FIANNA FÁIL IN ACTION!! (and of course notwithstanding the nazi cats obviously).

It's not a photo of the man I hate to dissappoint all the ladies and agent smith out there I'm sorry,

EDIT: AND I just Notiuced there's a special swimmer in it

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

dsc00389.jpg

But what a beast!

Damn, got the hungover dread and sense of impending doom. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain. Chemicals in the brain.

Nope. Damn residual demons :confused::(

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    Pah, my one doesn't need props. He's got a more realistic tache and the comb over.

hitler-watermelon.gif
    HEIL! REICH!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement