Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Yeah. I spent the past few hours moaning about how **** my week has been, but that puts it all in perspective. Sorry to hear.

Sorry man. Hope you're doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

As above, as before, hope you're ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Hope you and your family are all doing ok Neil. You're in my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

thanks guys. i'm alright, just exhausted. trying to take weight of things off my mother and rest of the family is knackerin'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Little late, but my condolences Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

&#231 wrote: »
    thanks guys. i'm alright, just exhausted. trying to take weight of things off my mother and rest of the family is knackerin'.

I know the feeling. There's not much I can say apart from that I hope that the whole thing goes as smoothly as these things can.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

&#231 wrote: »
    My grandmother died yesterday morning - blah.

Been there. Condolences 239.gif

emm there's soemthing wierd going on witht he post count in this thread, stargal and I apperently have over 1000 each and neil only has 400 and something. Yes I know that this lowers the general tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

emm there's soemthing wierd going on witht he post count in this thread, stargal and I apperently have over 1000 each and neil only has 400 and something. Yes I know that this lowers the general tone.

They're talking about it in Feedback:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054961068

There's stuff about it in After Hours too but it's all in-jokes.

Despite almost 8 pages on it in Feedback no-one has explained what's happened yet. Loads of er, socially challenged folk complaining that they've lost 6,000 posts or something similarly cool (no offence guys but you know...). I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Ecksor is playing a joke on us all. Somebody suggested a Forum where every post you contributed (or had moved there because it was spammy) your postcount would fall by one.

At about 9pm he said "I have an idea" on the thread suggesting the new forum. Then boards went down for a while. Then it came back up with the new script - whatever it is - that alters everyones' postcount.

It's quite inverted, the longer you've been a member and the more posts you have the lower your new postcount it seems. That's a rule-of-thumb anyway, it seems.

So then does your post count fall every time you post or just when it's spam?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

sure, even i'm man enough to admit that 90% of what i post is spam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I bought new boots today. They fit in the shop but when I got home the left one was too small and the right one was too big :confused:

I forgot to mention that I got my exam transcript today and I was 2% away from a first :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

aww **** one man :/

It's too hot and my face is melting. I wish it would rain, just for ten minutes or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

John2 wrote:
    I forgot to mention that I got my exam transcript today and I was 2% away from a first :(
    **** man, know the feeling

Who would have thought that I, of all people, would get bored of sitting on my arse? It's only been two days of unemployed arsing around, but already I'm going stir-crazy - inventing soap opera storylines while watching the cats, talking to plants and eating strange food combinations.

So it's time for my yearly pilgrimage to the land of bog, poor body hygiene and unintelligible accents. That's right, I'm going to Kerry. Sometime soon. When I can scrape the money together that is.

*waits patiently for pay cheque*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Mmm, skin cancer.

Sorry I didn't reply to your text earlier Roro. I leave on the 2nd of August. I'm away this weekend but I'm free for practice every other day. Apart from Tuesday the 25th.

I'm soo tired, but it's too warm to sleep with the curtains closed and there's a window above my bed which faces East, hello dawn...ugh

I'm more worried about peeping toms than the dawn...

had a trip to the dentist. nuff said.

People who become dentists are the same sort of people who'd join the SS or the Inquisition.

ye i know, i wonder which one of em decided they needed a dental version of a sand blaster?

---Dentist Conference---
    <Dentist 1> I just don't think i'm causing my patients enough pain, it keeps me up at night wondering how to further torture them.
    <Dentist 2> How about a sandblaster? dunno what we'll use it for but i bet it'll hurt.

<Dentist 3> Why not do what I do and fill the needle with saline when you're "anaesthetising" the victim, I mean patient.

I don't mind the dentist, except that time I got a tooth capped and he hit a nerve while sanding it down. Oh wow..

I'm meant to be fixing the god-awful mess that is the plumbing in my house (leaky valves, a hot water tank that nearly exploded because of a blocked vent), but it's too god damn hot. I'll do it tomorrow..

• Advertisement

ooo i had that too ronan, filed down all my bottom insisors, and kept going after it caused me pain "just need to go a bit further.."

...that was a fun day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement