Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I don't understand the fear of dentists at all. They don't bother me in the slightest, and nothing they do hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

europerson wrote:
    I don't understand the fear of dentists at all. They don't bother me in the slightest, and nothing they do hurts.

Erm, you've never really been to a dentist then. I'd rather lose my teeth then ever, ever go back. Seriously. Drills for ****'s sake! They ****ing kill even through the anaesthetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

God, do I hate dentists. Never had any drilling, thank Christ (I don't think I could handle someone drilling in my mouth. I'd be twitching so much they'd end up drilling through my cheek), but I've lost count of how many teeth I've had to have pulled. Four in one trip was the record, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

just broke my third laptop in a year. once again with all my data on it. absolutely no way of saving it. just retrieved most of the data, but have had to throw the laptop to the scrapheap. only two months left of study. bollox. it always seems to happen at critical times aswell - what gives with that?

John2 wrote:
    Erm, you've never really been to a dentist then.
    Yes, I have! I'm not that primitive! I really don't see what the fuss is: how bad can a glorified Hoover, a dental explorer, a probe, a mirror and a water-pick be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ye missed the interesting tools like drills, sand blasters, and then theres the stuff the use for moulds, you can feel it creep down the back of yer troath... just lovely stuff!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

you could, just like... look after your teeth....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

John2 wrote:
    I'm more worried about peeping toms than the dawn...

Infairness anyone who manges to the scale up the side of my house probably deserves a complete amnesty when it comes to being a peeking tom, and I used to wonder about it kinda, in a sorta that would be utterly pointless way and such alot of effort when you can just go into a shop buy a magazine and in doing so save yourself alot of stress, pain and embarrassment, and probably get more fulfilling results.

Fulfilling may be the wrong choice of word.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I do, but no amount of looking after your teeth will let you grow back half an incisor after falling face-first into a gate (not my proudest moment)..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Or from lifting up a bastard pint with said incisors. Enamel crackin' on glass is a delightful sound. Think they're usin it on the Ay-rabs out east. "really Ed?". "No." Man, it's great to live in Ireland, no angry skullcaps or indeed tea towels to spoil the fun. Well the ones that are here seem well behaved. Huzzah. Think they realised they're all wrong before their foreign "brethern" did and are all humble pieish about it and don't say anything.

• Advertisement

Ian/crash, how the hell does one set up mIRC? it keeps giving me stupid errors such as:

* Connect retry #1 irc.quakenet.org#tcd.ie (6667)
    -
    Local host: <my college username>.college.tcd.ie (194.46.136.154)
    -
    * Unable to resolve server

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

you're behind the college firewall. its gonna be a pain in the hole to connect

I'm actually not though, I'm connecting from home..I'm just logged into windows XP as <college username>/ronan. Or something.

Hmm. Now I feel like a techno-retard, which is unusual and not particularly fun..

europerson wrote:
    Yes, I have! I'm not that primitive! I really don't see what the fuss is: how bad can a glorified Hoover, a dental explorer, a probe, a mirror and a water-pick be?

That's not dentistry, that's glorified teeth brushing. Until you've gotten a drilling or a tooth pulled at the very least you've never experienced dentistry.

And for the record I do look after my teeth.

thats a silly statement, vast majority of my dental visits have had nothing to do with looking after my teeth.......

4 wisdom teeth needing remoing because they were at odd angles is hardly due to bad brushing no?

Neil wrote:
    you're behind the college firewall. its gonna be a pain in the hole to connect
    tut tut tut i would have expect you to recognise his ip as not being in tcd, its a utv one iirc...
    Pet wrote:
    Ian/crash, how the hell does one set up mIRC? it keeps giving me stupid errors such as:

* Connect retry #1 irc.quakenet.org#tcd.ie (6667)
    -
    Local host: <my college username>.college.tcd.ie (194.46.136.154)
    -
    * Unable to resolve server
    pet in the 'status window' thingy that should be open there try just doing /connect irc.quakenet.org
    when that connects it will probally pop up with a channel thing where you can put in #tcd.ie , otherwise just type /join #tcd.ie

I was asleep - thought he was out in halls - had talked of moving out there :P

John2 wrote:
    That's not dentistry, that's glorified teeth brushing. Until you've gotten a drilling or a tooth pulled at the very least you've never experienced dentistry.
    I had a filling too. I've never had need to have a tooth pulled.

Do any other medical-like professions scare you or get to you?

Nope, just dentistry. I don't mind injections or anything like that but dentistry (after a childhood of dental problems) really chills my blood.

tut tut tut i would have expect you to recognise his ip as not being in tcd, its a utv one iirc...

pet in the 'status window' thingy that should be open there try just doing /connect irc.quakenet.org
    when that connects it will probally pop up with a channel thing where you can put in #tcd.ie , otherwise just type /join #tcd.ie
    That didn't work either, does the college antivirus software block IRC?

• Advertisement

unlikely, it could be windows firewall though

I reckon it's Kev

uuuuuugh windows firewall.

or maybe it's Joe...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

nothing to see here...

"I'm sorry I had sex with the chicken, I wond do it again bubye.."

nothing to see here...

eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

John2 wrote:
    eh?
    I@m sorry I need entertainment. Joe is prime suspect though a southpark quote is really what he meant to say right joe? wink wink.

Ok I shouldt have had that rum. Stupid rum. I'm sorry joe can you find it in your heart to forgive me?

So Dec, how's the head this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Not that bad though everything is spinning. And I have bloody sand in my ear though for good reason. Built a sand castle yesterday like.

7137412a1414410689b593908941l.jpg

bloody kids though are on it then like flies on shlt. Oh and an invading army

7137412a1414410568b527570907l.jpg

• Advertisement

I hate the beach but love sand castles. Life is tough sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement