Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

John2 wrote:
    I went to Maynooth today to register and have a chat with my supervisor. Chat went well, got a tour of the place (they have a departmental tarantula for arachnophobia studies :)) and then headed to the graduate studies office. Who were closed. For the whole day. So I have to spend another four hours travelling (two in and two out) to hand in a form and sign some things.

Oh and woe upon woes, I got the new album by Peeping Tom and the CD is weird, it's thinner than the average CD. It won't feed into a car stereo and is so flimsy it comes off the spindle thing in my laptop. Jerks.

any sharks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Was caught in a thunderstorm last night (I wisely hid under a tree as the lightning got closer)

While protecting yourself with a piece of sheet metal, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I honestly hope you're being ironic. I'm slightly drunk so I can't quite tell.

Well, not entirely. I hid under the tree from the rain. Then the lightning began. And it got closer. My instinctive reaction? Lightning bad. Move away from lightning. Which meant against the trunk of the tree. Sometimes, this whole instinct thing, doesn't work too well.

Ah the commute to and from Maynooth. Have to love that 66 bus route. I only realised how much better the train was at the time of my exams. But then, I tended to prioritise sleep over getting into college quickly. I'm lazy that way.

Oh, I also hate RTE right now. It turns out I live near the Three Rock transmitter (ain't that ironic?) which was down for essential maintenance tonight. Meaning, my viewing was cut off just as I was getting rather enthralled by 'He Got Game'. Boo-urns!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Either you're ranting, or you're crap at getting to Maynooth. How are you getting there?

You live in LuasLand, how long does that take to to to Connolly? You can get the train right out to Maynooth, which takes about forty minutes by my guess. It's a bit of a trek from the station to the university but very manageable, maybe a little more than ten minutes. Alternatively you can get the 66 bus from opposite Doyle's on College St. This takes a little over an hour, and drops you off in the middle of the town which is about five minutes walk from NUIM. The 67/67A are alternatives to the 66, but it's hardly worth an extra ten minutes journey-time to ensure avoiding me on a bus. Even if you'd be ashamed of you lack of beauty when near me.

Oh and never stop off in Leixlip. The smell is vomit-inducing.

Green line luas doesn't go to Connelly. It takes me 40-5 minutes to get to Pearse St (10 minutes to the Luas, 20 on it, 10-15 from it to Pearse). Then however long I'm waiting (twenty minutes yesterday) for the train which takes about 45 min and then the walk over to the campus which is another ten minutes. That should be shorter today as I now know the short way into the campus from the station. Not quite 2 hours but close enough for a rant.

And I'd take an extra hour on the bus to avoid you ;)

Oh but I did notice some great graffiti at the Leixlip station (can't remember which one) from the train. On one of the poles someone had written:
    AG is to SCIENCE as PARA is to OLYMPICS

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I had one of those horrible mornings where your alarm goes off and you think it's Saturday and don't know why there's a horrible ringing sound piercing your sleepy little thoughts. Groargh.

• Advertisement

I had one of those horrible mornings where your alarm goes off and you think it's Saturday and don't know why there's a horrible ringing sound piercing your sleepy little thoughts. Groargh.

I had one of those horrible mornings where your alarm goes off and you sleep right through it, then wake up approximately 8 minutes before the bus is set to leave. Bleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Oh and never stop off in Leixlip. The smell is vomit-inducing.
    Intel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

The smell off me right now is pretty bad. I only brought down 2 changes of clothes, and I'm spending most of my time doing exercise and/or drinking in sweaty farmer-filled pubs, so I'm starting to smell like a farmer myself..Deeeeelightful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

My stupid fcuking temperamental phone insists on chopping up any texts I get that contain more than 150 characters... And I have some verbose friends unfamiliar with the art of abbreviation (or 'txtspk', as it's also known). Also, my phone won't hold more than 22 messages in the inbox... Which is weird, cos when I bought it the thing claimed to hold something like 150. Maybe it's the SIM card. In which case I need a completely new phone, and not just an upgrade. I am vexed....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

you can get a sim upgrade for free or pretty cheap, i've had to get a few sim upgrades over the years, all of them free. Pretty much fire the things at ye as some of the newer services required having the bigger sim cards...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Wipe all the message folders (sent etc) and if there's still **** all space, then you got yourself some corrupted messages. Bring it back to the shop and they'll flash it.

Death to small yappy dogs.

killll, killll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

That magical day off I had yesterday I spent throwing up. Sometimes life is a ****.

Oh and i lost my phone last weekend.

Bollocks. Think I'll be avoiding the british motorsport press for the next week. I'm man enough to admit I don't like to see brits do well in anything (because of the misplaced hype moreso than the "800 years") and this case is no exception. damn. damn. damn.

I plan to be elsewhere the day that the telephone bill arrives.

Stupid dialup internet..*mutters*

[RANT]
    ۻ۩ذشش سطغشڳ 's user-name.
    [/RANT]

Just call him squiggle. He's more than likely another Sandals reincarnation, so he won't be around for long anyway.

I've been in Superquinn a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

europerson wrote:
    [RANT]
    ۻ۩ذشش سطغشڳ 's user-name.
    [/RANT]

So the prophet proclaimeth

I'm cleaning my room. And usually this can be to a convining level of cleanliness and order in an hour or so but the whole room need blitzing as the furniture from my granny's house is finally being moved in in two weeks. So I've started emptying draws and as such it's one long trip down teenaged angst memory lane. The crap that I've kept, no wonder I can rarely see my bedroom floor. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

My brand new phone won't send text messages.
    "Message sending not allowed" or something.
    Why not, you useless piece of cráp?! WHY NOT?!?!?

Got credit. Calls ppl no problem, receives calls and texts no problem... Won't fulfil the main function I use mobile phones for.

Stupid feckin phone...

SebtheBum wrote:
    My brand new phone won't send text messages.
    "Message sending not allowed" or something.
    Why not, you useless piece of cráp?! WHY NOT?!?!?

Got credit. Calls ppl no problem, receives calls and texts no problem... Won't fulfil the main function I use mobile phones for.

Stupid feckin phone...
    Have you got your message centre details, etc. in order?

I'm cleaning my room. And usually this can be to a convining level of cleanliness and order in an hour or so but the whole room need blitzing as the furniture from my granny's house is finally being moved in in two weeks. So I've started emptying draws and as such it's one long trip down teenaged angst memory lane. The crap that I've kept, no wonder I can rarely see my bedroom floor. :rolleyes:
    Your english seems to be suffering somewhat of late. Either you've been reading the herald or speaking in code to the russians. You damn communist.

Edit: Just noticed seb's hammer and sickle. Their numbers are growing NOOOOOOO. This is a job for Shelley The Republican.

Did you buy the phone as an upgrade or with a new sim?. In the case of the latter, you have to use the credit that came preloaded on the sim before inserting your old sim. Otherwise the phone will lock up and you gotta ring the service centre (this is the case for meteor anyways) to sort it out. Just ring them anyway and prepare to be patronised.

Thank you Ed.

I think it's as a result fo working SQ. Polish is the first language of the check outs, followed closely by Spanish. And there are Hearlds and Stars in the canteen. I knew that the exposure would have ill effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

seb - call them. I got a new phone recently and had problems with them not allowing access to send messages. because they hadn't switched it on. oh well.

Is it a 3 phone? 'Cause they're *****, and if you don't get it activated properly in the shop, it won't work properly.

Thank you Ed.

I think it's as a result fo working SQ. Polish is the first language of the check outs, followed closely by Spanish. And there are Hearlds and Stars in the canteen. I knew that the exposure would have ill effects.
    Right, so you aren't workin for the communists, I'll call off the hit then. I'll set it on the good senator Quinn for those pink shirts. Pink is just dilluted communism, the bastard has been gathering members for years. The world is under attack and superquinn is a communist fundraising agency.

signs self into institutional care. You're all communists!!!!

I'll come visit you.

Once I stop laughing, and the communists have been well and truelly defeated, and I've gotten my severence pay.

europerson wrote:
    Have you got your message centre details, etc. in order?
    Yup.
    Dead Ed wrote:
    Did you buy the phone as an upgrade or with a new sim?.
    Upgrade. Kept the same old sim, stuck wit vodafone, etc.... So this shouldn't be happening, basically.
    shay_562 wrote:
    Is it a 3 phone?
    Nope.

Nokia 3220, vodafone. No other problems, make/receive calls no problem, receives texts no problem... Only realised the sms sending was "not allowed" when I tried to reply to someone this morning.

Anyway, I went on vodafone customer care online and emailed them about it, so either they'll tell me what to do to fix it or to go in to the dealers and get them to fix it. Tis a pain tho. Someone already asked me if I was "pissed off at them" cos I hadn't replied to their text today...:rolleyes:

Tell ya, the pitfalls of modern technology...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

call them seb. same happened to me. call them, they can turn it on. inquire about mms settings as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement