Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

the Sin é piece where he covers Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is fantastically done....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Pet wrote:
    I wouldn't call that a whimper. And have you listened to Grace? 12 years old and it's still better and more original than anything around these days.
    I was about to say there was no way he could have written that when he was twelve.

And you forgot to include OK Computer in your list of respectable Radiohead albums, Ed. Fully understand the hatred to the Kid A/Hail to the Thief vibe, but you can't mention rockin' Radiohead albums without honouring number three.

Fugazi's best work was in the 90's as well.

You know, i'm just in a really ridiculuously crappy form as of late. don't quite know whats causing it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm nearly 21 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

I'm approaching 22. Also developing a nasty bout of insomnia which appears to be trying to kick several shades of hooey out of my immune system. Dangnation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

God, it's been a lovely day! Everything is going my way. I took up croquet today, and I'M ON FIRE!!

Oooh, who introduced you to my favourite and the most amazing band I've come across in about 3 years? I presume someone introduced you, as they're not that well known around here..

Also, I'm FAR happier about turning 21 (in 4 months) than I was about turning 20 (which is MUCH scarier).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

20 is scarier than 21?, er either is scary? try 23 or something once i turn that i'll have to act like a grown up, or so the theory goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

*cough* OAPs *cough*

still 18 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

*cough* OAPs *cough*

still 18

And with a mental age less than half that.
    Oooh, who introduced you to my favourite and the most amazing band I've come across in about 3 years? I presume someone introduced you, as they're not that well known around here.

Wasn't anyone from around here - my Slovenian friend got me to listen to their first album. I already knew Coin-Operated Boy, but I hadn't bothered listening to much more. They're pretty cool - bat**** crazy, but cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Wasn't anyone from around here - my Slovenian friend got me to listen to their first album. I already knew Coin-Operated Boy, but I hadn't bothered listening to much more. They're pretty cool - bat**** crazy, but cool.

That album will grow on you like the nicest kind of festering skin disease. It's fantastic. I'm going to see them in Edinburgh next week, I can't wait. They're possibly the best live band I've ever seen (and I've been to a ****load of concerts).
    20 is scarier than 21?, er either is scary

20 was definitely scary, the end of my teenage years. I was not impressed at all. It's half the shock of turning 40.

• Advertisement

Why do societies drop off the face of the earth for the summer!!!!

It's bloody gmail, the email can't not deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Some Turkish Cock-fuck just hacked holymoly.co.uk. Probably for the glory of allah or some such tripe. Now I have nowhere to read venomous comments from depressed coke-heads and laugh at both the witty prose and the possible regrettable state of some of the authors. cunt. This is what he had to say for himself:

iskorpitx veda ediyor, Siz gen�ler; do�ruluktan, d�r�stl�kten ayr�lmadan, T�rk'�n her alanda ne kadar g��l�

oldu�unu g�stermeye devam.! �lk�m�z y�kselmek ileri gitmektir. Varl���m, T�rk Varl���na Arma�an olsun!

There seems to be some vowels in the mix so it's probably intelligible but the question marks are probably censoring out naughty words. Now, anyone speak turkish?

Head is cold :/ , damn lack of hair..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

shay_562 wrote:

YAQL13C5F5FWV7EA3T.jpg

That puppy is far too cute, and I am currently concocting plans to kidnap him. I'm sure he'd love Ballsbridge.

Since UCD no longer has a rant thread, I'm borrowing this one. I was going to post a very long and angry rant about the stunts one of my house mates has been pulling (I know,again, what is it with our gaff? :rolleyes: ), but just heard my best friend's aunt has died. Being called a bully by my housemate's father pales in comparison. Life sucks sometimes.

Sorry to hear about that, hope you're doing ok.

My date canceled...:(

Or rather is canceled, or is that posponed anyway BESS day is being moved and now dosnt actually have a day.

Ah feck. No shooting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Dog died :(
    15 years old. I'll miss her

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

RIP DOG

I remember when My dog max died.... I miss him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

My granny's back in hospital. Although it's not too serious this time.

• Advertisement

hrmm, last few posts have beaten my bitch.

mine was that i missed my last bus and am now sitting in the 24 hour reading room waiting for the first nightlink. and i thought it'd be a good one too!

dec: sorry to hear about the dog - that sucks man.

John: hope she's ok.

They are harsh alright. I do hope she gets better soon John. Losing a dog of 15 years? That's just crap. Very crap.

My beef with The Universe is that today the Hard Drive in our family computer just up and died. And from the whirring noise it's making, it sounds like a physical problem as opposed to a Windows faff up. There goes the family accounts, tax returns, letters, business stuff and, most importantly of all, all the pretty music and movies I have obtained. ;) Still, I have a spare so hopefully I can use that to try and get stuff of the bad one. Bugger it for a game of soldiers though. Damn you Dell and Hitachi. Damn you!

Sorry about your dog, Dec - like Bartley said, 15 years is a long time, very harsh. And John, sorry about your gran - hope she's out soon.

And Neil...sorry your rant's so cack.

My beef with The Universe is that today the Hard Drive in our family computer just up and died. And from the whirring noise it's making, it sounds like a physical problem as opposed to a Windows faff up. There goes the family accounts, tax returns, letters, business stuff and, most importantly of all, all the pretty music and movies I have obtained. ;) Still, I have a spare so hopefully I can use that to try and get stuff of the bad one. Bugger it for a game of soldiers though. Damn you Dell and Hitachi. Damn you!
    Data recovery. I think you can have it sent away and it's possible to pull the info off the disc. To whom or where it goes I have no idea. Google it. You should backup all your stuff on dvd-r's anyways.

Well, luckily for me I have a laptop on which all of my essential files are located. However, the rest of the family doesn't and they don't know what a DVD-R is. My mother still believes a floppy disk is the best way of storing things so she should have the important documents saved. Still, pain in the ass to lose all that stuff. Ah well. As for a moan, Dell's 'Resource CD' is a pile of cack that doesn't tell you what ethernet card you have and what drivers you need for it.

Laser in Dundrum salvaged the data from my damaged hard drive (also a Hitachi I think, the guy who salvaged the data said they are notorious for going belly up).

Cool. Thanks. Still, I'm hopeful I can use CheckDisk via that Recovery Console thingy to salvage summat. I didn't even know Hitachi made HDs. I thought it was a Seagate or something. In to town I go to buy a new one (the one currently in our computer is going into an old one to give to a cousin) so what's a good brand? Ah well.

St. Bernard brand HDs are the best. In other words, I don't know.

hitachi are actually a good brand of harddrives....

As for recovering stuff, try get neil out there to use a knoppix cd, to mount the disk you might be able to copy stuff off, or put the hd in another windows machine...

hitachi/seagate/western digital/maxtor(who are now owned by seagate) and probally some others are the big hard drive vendors...
    segate drives are known for being quiet, but really there is no silver bullet as regards relyabile drives, you just have to backup stuff all the time...

• Advertisement

don't forget toshiba...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement