Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'll pick a Seagate up tomorrow from Peats. Me likey the prices. But the other one is officially dead. Put it in as the slave and neither HD will boot. And I can't format it because doing so will defeat the purpose of trying to recover stuff. Boo-Urns. I'll wait until my technically minded friend returns from England next week. He basically looks at faulty equipment and they apologise for their behaviour and start working. Maybe he can sex it into yielding its data goodness. So yeah, rant/bitch/moan/chkdsk [/p] at the loss of all the goodness on the HD I had accumulated. Surely 3 years (just under) is not a long time for a HD to last? As I said, Boo-Urns. In The Face.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

seagate quality took a bit of a dive a few years ago though? i remember when my 40gig barracuda was the top of the line (hells yes.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Surely 3 years (just under) is not a long time for a HD to last? As I said, Boo-Urns. In The Face.
    Depends on the usage. I think five years is the accepted minimum but if the thing is constantly powering up and down or lives in a hostile environment it's not gonna last as long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Erm..some crazy man was running around the outside of my house and shouting unintelligible nonsense just there. It's half 4 in the morning and I live in the middle of nowhere, so it was in no way funny or innocuous. Just as well I don't scare easily..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Was it Ed?

• Advertisement

Unless I can sleepwalk to the jeep, drive 50 miles and sleepwalk round meath whilst shouting, no. Given recent behaviour it can't be ruled out though.

Jeep? You really don't strike me as a jeep driver.

Partially for insurance purposes (cheaper than the car by miles), it's a commercial vehicle and is mostly used for the purpose it was designed, i.e. luggin shtuff (and accelerating very quickly). Don't own the thing though, it's the aul lad's and more like a massey ferguson than an suv!

You also struck me as a JCB or a Mini driver. An angry Mini driver. Heheh, Minnie Driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

He'd need to grow a bit more of a tache to pass as Minnie Driver, wehweh.

Combined moan/woohoo: fun houseparty, but now I have to clean up. :( And this is just the table, there's plenty more where this came from:

party003mediumbr4.jpg

You gotta love the "Lech" on the table. Lech - the beer that makes you leer!

(With gold like that, I should quit my imaginary dayjob and work in advertising.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

AGONY!!!

I'm so sore and stiff from working in the bakery. And the plastic gloves are so annoying. And a cake was missing today and I took the order or kinda did, but one of the bakers with very little english decided to do all the talking so it was kinda ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Pet wrote:
    He'd need to grow a bit more of a tache to pass as Minnie Driver, wehweh.

Combined moan/woohoo: fun houseparty, but now I have to clean up. :( And this is just the table, there's plenty more where this came from:

party003mediumbr4.jpg

You gotta love the "Lech" on the table. Lech - the beer that makes you leer!

(With gold like that, I should quit my imaginary dayjob and work in advertising.)
    I'm glad to see someone was drinking brandy: a fine choice.

Unopened wine? I'll have that!

Dublin are out, which is a rant, but 'twas a cracking game, which is not a rant but meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

based on my straw poll of passing through town earlier after the match i support mayo, because i noticed :
    1) 3 really hot chicks in mayo jersies
    2) 0 hot chicks in dublin jersies.

Therefore mayo people continueing to hang around the capital is a good thing.

I'm no longer going to London.

Roar!

I say we make it dual purpose. both rant and anti rant. cover all the bases :)

as an anti-rant - finally finished the design on my tent.

Check it at:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5466/image00191pc5.jpg
    http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/4518/image0020111nv4.jpg

I'm quite happy with it :)

Get some glow in the dark paint and put it over it.

heh, will see what i can pick up tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Get some glow in the dark paint and put it over it.

Yes, by all means make it more of a target for drunken idiots looking for something to set on fire. Still, looks very nice Crash, hope I'm being needlessly pessimistic here.

Topic: Perhaps I'm being crazy here, but didn't we used to have another bitch/rant/moan thread? One that was edging into the top 10 of all of boards.ie? Not to mention an anti-moan thread? And a "where in Trinity/meh" thread? I'm getting very worried here, and sincerely hoping that this is all some kind of bad dream/me going blind and not being able to use the "find" button in Firefox.

shay_562 wrote:
    Yes, by all means make it more of a target for drunken idiots looking for something to set on fire. Still, looks very nice Crash, hope I'm being needlessly pessimistic here.

You haven't been to Electric Picnic have you?
    Topic: Perhaps I'm being crazy here, but didn't we used to have another bitch/rant/moan thread? One that was edging into the top 10 of all of boards.ie? Not to mention an anti-moan thread? And a "where in Trinity/meh" thread? I'm getting very worried here, and sincerely hoping that this is all some kind of bad dream/me going blind and not being able to use the "find" button in Firefox.

Get thee to a Feedbackery.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

all threads with more then 2000 posts have be temp deleted.

Rant: all threads with more then 2000 posts have be temp deleted.

Only problem with glow in the dark paint is that there'd be some glow inside -which would drive me spare!

have a feeling the current way will drip off in the first rain :P

It looks good for now though.

True. I give it til half five friday evening before it melts off :)

fair f**ks to ya! Thats pretty cool.

The weather's going to be great, shut up!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement