Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Ooh I love bitching and moaning about stuff, it gives meaning to my life and tells suckers that I am a freethinker and if they don't like me or what I am discussing well then they can all f*** off! Oh and I don't say "fcuk" because it's so annoying!

So what annoys you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

John wrote:
    shay_562 wrote:
    Yes, by all means make it more of a target for drunken idiots looking for something to set on fire. Still, looks very nice Crash, hope I'm being needlessly pessimistic here.

You haven't been to Electric Picnic have you?

Nope. Are you implying that my pessimism is pretty much on the mark, or that the good folk of the Picnic are far nicer than their Festival Which Must Not Be Named counterparts and would never, ever dream of setting things on fire? Or, door #3, Electric Picnic has good security and there are less fire-setting oppurtunities?
    all threads with more then 2000 posts have be temp deleted.

I see. Ah, that's not so bad. I was worried they were lost forever.
    UU wrote:
    So what annoys you?

People. Stupid ****ing irritating people. Why the hell do I keep taking jobs involving customer service?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

shay_562 wrote:
    Or, door #3, Electric Picnic has good security and there are less fire-setting oppurtunities?

Plus it's on during the first week back of school when most of the unsavoury element found at Irish concerts aren't allowed out by their mammies as they'll be missing class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

Met &#201 wrote: »
    wet and windy tonight, with widespread heavy rain

Ha! Itll be oxygen all over again.

PS: Ya cant say ****** anymore, its up there with ****, **** and **** now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Speakin of oxygen, there ain't much about today. What can you not say?? Fuck? Shit? Cunt? was going to mention nigger but that's not nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Ok so this is going to be a rant of epic proportions!

As I've already said in another thread, I got my second choice English Studies at Trinners in round one, but missed out on my first choice (English and French also at Trinity) due to random selection. So I was holding out for round two and I'm also applying for a few rechecks. 6am this morning arrives and in between rolling out of bed and into the car to work, I check the net for offers butthere are none. Sniff. So I was like "ah well hopefully the rechecks will bring me up and get me in or there's always the possibility of a transfer ". Then my dad is checking the points on teletext because the TSM points weren't printed in the papers and I nearly took a stroke when i saw EN/FR First Round 510* Second Round 505. Where was my offer??
    Spent my breakfast break trying to ring CAO and when I got through they said ring Trinity admissions. So I spend my lunch ringing them. The lady says that the papers got the wrong points or something and she didn't have the points to quote me but to call back later as she was still pretty sure it was 510*. So home from work, very despondent after having had my hopes raised like that. Ring CAO again and get the lady to quote me the points. 505. I ask her if she's sure they are correct and explain my situation. She tells me the list was sent to them by trinity and tries to put me through to the head hauncho of the CAO but can't, but keeps telling me to ring back. So I ring trinity admissions again. It's a different, and very dismissive, lady. I ask her to check second round points and she says 505!!!!!!! So she checks my CAO points with my number and all of a sudden becomes very attentive and says she is going to need to call me back, asks for two contact numbers and says the admissions office are going to have to look into it.

Things like this only ever happen to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

shay_562 wrote:
    Nope. Are you implying that my pessimism is pretty much on the mark, or that the good folk of the Picnic are far nicer than their Festival Which Must Not Be Named counterparts and would never, ever dream of setting things on fire? Or, door #3, Electric Picnic has good security and there are less fire-setting oppurtunities?

people get stoned and passive at electric picnic nopt drunk and arsehole'y. There's generally a nicer atmosphere (so I'm told). As for the other thing, only went once, oddly enough they did try to set my tent on fire while i was passed out in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭WunderFull

Everyone is gone for the summer and I am still in Dublin and I have parents with meteoric expectations of me GRRRR. Who don't even live here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

WunderFull wrote:
    Everyone is gone for the summer and I am still in Dublin and I have parents with meteoric expectations of me GRRRR. Who don't even live here.
    I'll be your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭WunderFull

Cheers person.

• Advertisement

I'll be someone who doesn't like you, if that helps.

WunderFull wrote:
    Cheers person.
    Please, call me Molly. Not that its my name. Its just something I'm trying out.

PM me if you ever want to go antiquing, buddy.

Please, call me Molly. Not that its my name. Its just something I'm trying out.

PM me if you ever want to go antiquing, buddy.

lmao, I like you, your funny. Unlike that other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I was hoping to be sitting on edge of the Mediterranean with my girlfriend sipping some amusingly-named cocktail with a novelty umbrella in it right about now. But instead girlfriend and her parents have flown back to be with her grandmother before she dies, and I'm sitting her worried what might have distracted her that she hasn't texted in a while :(.

I don't mind about not being able to go to Spain, not being able to go on holiday is nothing in comparison to losing a relative - particularly, in her Dad's case, a mother. The rant is entirely for them, who are spending what will probably transpire to be their last days with a loved one. The holiday is just adding insult to injury for them.

Ibid wrote:
    I was hoping to be sitting on edge of the Mediterranean with my girlfriend sipping some amusingly-named cocktail with a novelty umbrella in it right about now. But instead girlfriend and her parents have flown back to be with her grandmother before she dies, and I'm sitting her worried what might have distracted her that she hasn't texted in a while :(.

I don't mind about not being able to go to Spain, not being able to go on holiday is nothing in comparison to losing a relative - particularly, in her Dad's case, a mother. The rant is entirely for them, who are spending what will probably transpire to be their last days with a loved one. The holiday is just adding insult to injury for them.
    *cyberhug*

Ring me if you need anything.

As a rant, I believe I'm still off books, though I've sent in my form which has apparently gone missing. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Wohoo: Electric Picnic

Moan: It's over

Wohoo:Shower and normal toliets

Moan: It's over

Wohoo: Duke Special album

Moan: He's better live, well they but

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Myth wrote:
    As a rant, I believe I'm still off books, though I've sent in my form which has apparently gone missing. Hmmm.

You could always work in the SU shop for the year, it's not like you really want to leave anyway!!

xebec wrote:
    You could always work in the SU shop for the year, it's not like you really want to leave anyway!!

Having spent a year above an SU shop, I'll pass :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

I'm in a moaning, ranting mood today.

Well, where should I start? I'm bored out of my tree because all the other colleges are strating next week and Trinity isn't all the way until freaking October and I want to go to college soooo badly!!! :( So I've become a big lazy arse with nothing to occupy me. To add, most my friends will be starting college next week. Lucky them!

Now, I've all bitchy because I have to get a job for college and I hate looking for jobs. I mean why can't you just press a magic button and voilà, there's a nice job with good hours there. I hate having to trod in and out of shops handing in CVs and the minute you're gone, the nosey staff are looking through your CV when they aren't even the freaking manager! Oh, and the fact that half the CV I hand in are thrown in the trash and I hardly even get one measly interview! :mad:

And I'm annoyed because I lost my Garda Age Card and have applied for a new one which takes ages to get! I had to wait from October to January last year waiting for one of them god-damned cards!!! What were the Gardai doing? Scratching their asses! And I look young for an 18 year old male and I wanted to go to "The George" with my friends last week but I have no ID and my parents won't let me bring out my passport "In case you lose it!" :mad: Although, personally "The Dragon" is better than "The George" as these old geezers keep trying to chat me up at "The George"! Barf! :o

Hehe! Now that's what I can call a rant! This is my new hobby - complaining. If I were to get a euro for every time I bitched, I'd be a freaking millionaire! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I miss sosume. the dragon just doesn't do it for me - besides being a gay bar (and although i have gone into a number of them, they hold no appeal for me), the inside of it now looks like ****, and I miss the good cocktails from sosume.

ah wel.

UU wrote:
    my parents won't let me bring out my passport "In case you lose it!"
    There's your problem, right there. You're 18. Mammy and daddy don't need to be consulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Today, I am sad. People on the Leaving Cert. board are being mean to me! I know, I know, sticks and stones! But I'm a very sensitive person. Anyway, I'm off to wallow.

Papillon87 wrote:
    Today, I am sad. People on the Leaving Cert. board are being mean to me! I know, I know, sticks and stones! But I'm a very sensitive person. Anyway, I'm off to wallow.
    Leaving Cert is over.
    You need never return there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

you return there may of next year.... just to laugh at all the worried lil lc heads, that is once you discover college exams are alot harder than lc ones ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Hah! I see all your wussy little rants [Enda excluded] and raise you.

The night before last I spent two of the most painful hours of my life trying to take out one of my contact lenses, eventually giving up at 4am when the sheer pain of touching my eye, combined with the fact that by this stage I was crying like, well, a girl, meant that there was nothing else I could do. There are no words to describe the gross horribleness of poking at your increasingly horrible looking eye attempting to pry out something that you can't even see anymore and getting more and more frustrated every time.

Woke up at 7am cos my eye hurt so much. Ended up going into Specsavers so a qualified person could poke at my bloodshot eye instead of my increasingly ham-fisted attempts.

Upshot is that the stupid eye is now recovering and that I haven't had to resort to buying an eyepatch, which I was seriously considering at one stage to disguise the twitching, leery mess that my eye had become, making me look that much more pervier than usual.

Anyway. Beat that boys and girls. And the stupid part of the story? Despite the pain and the grossness, I know I'll still be wearing the lenses again in a couple of days. Quelle idiot.

I got contacts there on monday. ive never had to spend 2 hours taking one out, one took me half an hour tho which was bad enough. Its such a wierd sensation when youre poking at your eyeball putting them in and out

UU wrote:
    And I'm annoyed because I lost my Garda Age Card and have applied for a new one which takes ages to get! I had to wait from October to January last year waiting for one of them god-damned cards!!! What were the Gardai doing? Scratching their asses! And I look young for an 18 year old male and I wanted to go to "The George" with my friends last week but I have no ID and my parents won't let me bring out my passport "In case you lose it!" :mad: Although, personally "The Dragon" is better than "The George" as these old geezers keep trying to chat me up at "The George"! Barf! :o

Maybe your parent don't want to going to places like the George?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

RANT: You me and Dupree. I mean who the hell ever gave the go ahead for that piece of crap?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

The process of finding decent accommodation in Dublin for the next academic year is the most painful, drawn out, uphill struggle ever. Between absolute arséholes of potential landlords, people who promise to let you know whether you have a place or not within a couple of days and don't bother ringing you, and having to wrench any info from them by continuous pestering, having to compete with scores of people for the same thing, etc etc. Oh, and the enormous bloody cost of it all as well. It's a wonder that I don't just give up and live in a tent in front square for the next year.

Oh, and this. Grrrr.

/Rant over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement