Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

jebus, thats either some horrificly extreem carbonation or some crappy bottles, eitherway ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Here's another rant/bitch/moan by me pessemistic me! :rolleyes:

I'm so pissed off because I cannot get a stupid part-time job for college! I mean, how hard can one try? All I want is a couple of hours a week and as long as it's minimum wage, I don't care. I hate having little money. My parents are giving me €30 a week until I find a job which is good. Unfortunately, I'm just the most unlucky person at getting a job. Two summers ago, I endeavoured so hard to get one and zip, nil, nothing! One lousy interview from a manager in Tesco who never even smiled once the whole time. :(

Many of my friends got jobs just like that! They got adequate jobs so easily with suitable hours but not me! Am I not meant to be employed? I suppose that's the way destiny is sometimes. :(

What is stopping me from getting a job? I'm a legal Irish citizen, I have fluent English, I've done my Leaving Cert and got really good grades, I have the ECDL, I'm outgoing, sociable, kind, helpful.......

I feel somewhat downtrodden these days honsetly. Is anyone is a similiar situation as I am? :(

• Just keep looking, you'll get something. It depends how fussy you are. It's easy to get promotion work handing out leaflets and generally harrassing people, but I hate doing that. You could give grinds which is very little time and very good money. I find that if I get more of a proper job in a shop or company or something, it interferes too much with college but it all depends on the job and the hours.

Drilling, drilling and more drilling underneath my room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Drilling in your Brrrrrraaaain. It's them midget flea construction workers building investment properties in your skull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

My apartment is missing a toilet seat in Maynooth. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

...dude, I'm just shocked they have indoor plumbing in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

John wrote:
    My apartment is missing a toilet seat in Maynooth. Typical.
    Hmm. yes. Just go to woodies and buy one tbh. With the good comes the bad. The good being the 66N/67N. Great craic!

I didn't know there was a nitelink to Maynooth, excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

John wrote:
    I didn't know there was a nitelink to Maynooth, excellent.
    67N weeknights at 00.30 and 2.00. Goes all over the gaf though. Through all the new estates in lucan (aka clondalkin :rolleyes: ).
    On fri/sat nights they're every 30 mins til 04.30. Get from westmoreland st. Cost is 6 euro to maynooth. Or you could pay 4 euro, get off in lucan and sleep in mine ;)

You'll soon be replacin the Pav with such inferior establishments as the Roost or the Leinster Arms.

• Advertisement

I've already been to The Roost but more than likely I'll be hitting Aldi or Dunnes and turning the apartment into a hell hole for all people who aren't me \m/

ApeXaviour wrote:
    67N weeknights at 00.30 and 2.00. Goes all over the gaf though. Through all the new estates in lucan (aka clondalkin :rolleyes: ).
    On fri/sat nights they're every 30 mins til 04.30. Get from westmoreland st. Cost is 6 euro to maynooth. Or you could pay 4 euro, get off in lucan and sleep in mine ;)

There are times the 2.00 is quite full though (when I've been on it, though Dec should know more), so if you're a person (like me) who normally arrives 1 minute before the NL leaves, you might want to leave a few more minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

ApeXaviour wrote:
    On fri/sat nights they're every 30 mins til 04.30.

The 67N is NOT every 30 mins on Friday/Saturday. Unfortunately, it always goes at only 00:30 and 02:00 and does tend to leave a few minutes early. The route also changes. Monday-Thursday it goes: Palmerstown, New Lucan, Leixlip, Maynooth and Celbridge. Friday/Saturday it goes: Palmerstown, Celbridge and Maynooth. Don't get it mixed up. Or you'll end up like me in Celbridge at 3 am with a dead phone and no change to use a phone box. Good times. :rolleyes:
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    You'll soon be replacin the Pav with such inferior establishments as the Roost or the Leinster Arms.

I actually like The Roost. But yeah, avoid the LA. The Clockhouse (in Brady's) is a nice place for a quiet drink and they also do traditional music there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Wisdom teeth. So very sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

whhooo i've none ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Rant: My mum's In hospital agin :(

That sucks man, hope she's ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Seconded - hope everything's ok Joe.

Thirded. Hope it's nothing too serious!

Some cunt did a drive by egging on me on my way home from Doyles!

• Advertisement

Seriously? Whoah. Gangland crime, Dublin Southside-style.

Well after I left and got the nitelink home, I had to walk 5 miles in the rain, and NOBODY stopped for me (I was hitchhiking as I walked). *****, the lot of them.

Pet wrote:
    Seriously? Whoah. Gangland crime, Dublin Southside-style.

Well after I left and got the nitelink home, I had to walk 5 miles in the rain, and NOBODY stopped for me (I was hitchhiking as I walked). *****, the lot of them.

Poor Roro, you should have gone home early and missed the rain completely.

Owww...my brains hurt. And my brother's being a cuntwit. And I really need to clean, but if I turn on the hoover, my head is actually going to melt...owww.

My pizza isn't ready yet.

Hospitals Make me tired....

also, i cant find my glasses

Damn, there are less than two weeks left before the holidays are over. And, although I'm greatly looking forward to going back to college, there are towering piles of Shit To Do awaiting my attention, and as usual, I don't think I'll get a chance to do them.

Curse my procrastinating nature!

Pet wrote:
    Damn, there are less than two weeks left before the holidays are over. And, although I'm greatly looking forward to going back to college, there are towering piles of Shit To Do awaiting my attention, and as usual, I don't think I'll get a chance to do them.

Curse my procrastinating nature!

Really? I count 3 weeks 'til lectures start, with that including Freshers' Week.

Myth wrote:
    Really? I count 3 weeks 'til lectures start, with that including Freshers' Week.
    This is true. But my plans for Fresher's week do not include any activities other than fun..(it's a hard life, eh!?)

Rant: my house currently smells like smoke from Carroll's cigarettes. Disgusting. Bleurgh.

rant: mum still not well,
    woohoo: she's home.

its only a matter of time till i give up on my glasses

• Advertisement

Good to hear she's home, even she isn't recovered. Hope she gets well soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement