Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Just heard that Richard Hammond of Top Gear fame is seriously injured after a 280 mph crash http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/north_yorkshire/5365676.stm

Nasty shock to see that, he's a lovely fellow and a great presenter. Hope he recovers....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I. Hate. Women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Eh. Can't live with 'em...actually, that's pretty much it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Balls. Gotta find a house. Also, anyone know those tour guide ***** at front square? I want their heads, reward offered.

Edit: Balls, the steve irwin video isn't up on youtube yet and I've looked at everything involving "fatal" and "crash". Might have to go over to ogrish.com :eek:. It's preparation for war see..

More drilling in my house, which isn't good when you're hungover.

• Advertisement

Dead Ed wrote:
    Also, anyone know those tour guide ***** at front square? I want their heads, reward offered.

Seconded. Do they actually try to sound like tools, or maybe it comes naturally or something :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

My boyfriend is finishing off his dissertation for his Masters and we're only getting to see each other two or three times a week, when we're used to seeing each other every day. Obv I want him to do well with it but this sucks.

Oh and I can't sleep.

Seconded. Do they actually try to sound like tools, or maybe it comes naturally or something
    Their days are numbered. I'm gonna make them watch woody allen films till their eyeballs bleed, their bowels arise and clamp their air pipes shut and their skulls shrink until their teeny tiny little brains spill forth through their auditory canals and make a mess of the nice cobblestones on which they ply their evil little trade. WANKERS the lot of them, you hear me? wankers. How dare they make over elaborate hand gestures and emphasise their words with their kids' TV voices until they run out of air. Suppose they are talking to americans though. Death to the west. Alallalllaaaalalalaaaalllllaaaaah. BOOM!

Speaking of eyeballs, mine are playin' havoc at the minute. ****ing floatin material gettin in my line of sight. Also thinking of shaving my eyelashes cos they're really pissing me off and also getting in my line of sight. Sure I'll take a load o' cis-platin and thallium and they'll fall out. Sure what harm can it do? Errrr.

Also, hungover as a small cat. Fourteen cans is probably too much, but you don't think that at the time now do you. Ten would be ok but the demons said otherwise. it's all "but you must Ed, Feed us Ed" and being a polite and selfless sort of chap, I got another pitcher of that ale stuff in the gingerman. Drives you mental it does. Was talking to someone who's in PETA, and the one screaming obsenities and half truths was me!

Troglodyte wrote:
    Seconded. Do they actually try to sound like tools, or maybe it comes naturally or something :rolleyes:

Guided tours of the college including free admission to the old library and the Book of Kells.

/british accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Troglodyte wrote:
    Are you commenting on other peoples' accents? People in glass houses, boy!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Guided tours of the college including free admission to the old library and the Book of Kells.

It's not even British though. It's this ridiculous mix of the worst of Received Pronunciation and D4, delivered in a lofty, nasal, almost disaffected toooone. I had to wait at the security office recently, and the guy kept saying it...over and over..like a broken record. Though I can only imagine how bad you had it, he was practically outside your window...
    Also thinking of shaving my eyelashes cos they're really pissing me off and also getting in my line of sight. Sure I'll take a load o' cis-platin and thallium and they'll fall out. Sure what harm can it do? Errrr.

Why don't you just give in and buy yourself an eyelash curler. You know you wanna. You can get them in Boots, I bet they won't even look at you twice if you ask. Do it, dooooo it!!

Also: curses upon cisplatin. It's more like a weapon than a medical treatment. Evil stuff.

Pet wrote:
    Though I can only imagine how bad you had it, he was practically outside your window...

I used to play music very loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Hungover, even now and I ate food when I got in this morning. I even cooked.

*shakes head*

Dead Ed wrote:
    Their days are numbered. I'm gonna make them watch woody allen films till their eyeballs bleed, their bowels arise and clamp their air pipes shut and their skulls shrink until their teeny tiny little brains spill forth through their auditory canals and make a mess of the nice cobblestones on which they ply their evil little trade. WANKERS the lot of them, you hear me? wankers. How dare they make over elaborate hand gestures and emphasise their words with their kids' TV voices until they run out of air. Suppose they are talking to americans though. Death to the west. Alallalllaaaalalalaaaalllllaaaaah. BOOM!

Roffle!! Haven't laughed that hard in a while!

Are you commenting on other peoples' accents? People in glass houses, boy!

Funny you should bring that up, only yesterday I heard my own voice played back to me. I will now readily admit that I do sound a bit pompous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I fished some mince out of the dog bowl just there and made a burger out of it (for breakfast I might add).

I also have a few cuts on my forehead after there was consensus (including my own) that ice-cubes should be milled at my head.

So my advice to you all is DO NOT WATCH THE DIRTY SANCHEZ MOVIE AND THEN GO DRINKING.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Stupid dry ****es was out with, wanted to go home just as the music got slightly better. And ranting at me for being marginally drunk, i wasn't properly drunk at all, sorry if while slightly intoxicated i'm not so shy, but i don't like being ****ing shy so deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hungover. in the 24 hour reading room waiting for a bus. Not happy. stupid things happen last night. meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

At home, about to have an early dinner and head back down to Maynooth

Just missed my 15c and the next one isn't 'til 22:10. Could wait for other buses, but I feel far too lazy. Plus I have a huge hankering for a Chicken Swish Kebab from Iskanders.

There's a rant in the above somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i'm not sure, it sounded more like a moan..

• Advertisement

I kinda got the "bitch" vibe from it, but to each their own. Not to sound all stalker-y, but where on the 15C are you? 'Cause everything up to the Yellow House is covered by the 16, and if you're closer to the Taylor's Lane end then the 15 is right next to it. (speaking from many years of having to find bus routes other than teh 15C because it's an unbelievably crappy service)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Damn subject choice. Do I choose something that's hard - perhaps too hard - but potentially very rewarding or hedge my bets and go for something easy and boring but almost certainly at least at II.1?

shay_562 wrote:
    I kinda got the "bitch" vibe from it, but to each their own. Not to sound all stalker-y, but where on the 15C are you? 'Cause everything up to the Yellow House is covered by the 16, and if you're closer to the Taylor's Lane end then the 15 is right next to it. (speaking from many years of having to find bus routes other than teh 15C because it's an unbelievably crappy service)

Beside the Grange Golf club, so at the other end of Taylor's lane, and therefore the best buses homes would be the 16 (which sucks*, because you never know if it will arrive as it starts in Santry and usually involves around 3 of them arriving at the same time, if ever) or the 15C (which is good imo, because you know exactly when you have to be at the bus stop, and it starts quite near to me too so double bonus). 15 isn't near me, though I have used it previously as well as the 15B and 16A. I usually cycle in to town, by the way.

15B is usually the next viable option for me because not only does the stop at Trinity have the timetable on it (someone ripped off the 15C one), but it comes quite often and isn't that bad of a walk home. Plus you get off beside the Mandarin Inn so if you have some spare cash, some chips can aid your longer journey home. Lastly, it is Twenty Major's favourite bus (not that this factors into it) :)

*I have also had to wait up to an hour before for a 16 to come on the way to town, when 3 were scheduled, and several went by but were completely empty but booked out for the Marlay Park gigs. Waiting for the 16s which never arrive is something I'm quite bored of doing.

Do I choose something that's hard - perhaps too hard - but potentially very rewarding or hedge my bets and go for something easy and boring but almost certainly at least at II.1?

If you find it boring, it's harder to study for it (in my experience anyway). Go with what interests you the most; provided, of course, that "too hard" doesn't mean "guranteed fail".
    Beside the Grange Golf club, so at the other end of Taylor's lane, and therefore the best buses homes would be the 16 (which sucks*, because you never know if it will arrive as it starts in Santry and usually involves around 3 of them arriving at the same time, if ever) or the 15C (which is good imo, because you know exactly when you have to be at the bus stop, and it starts quite near to me too so double bonus). 15 isn't near me, though I have used it previously as well as the 15B and 16A. I usually cycle in to town, by the way.

Ah, I see. The 16 is about 6th on my list of buses that I can get, so I didn't realise how crappy it was (though I've gotten the 16A heading out to work from college/into town after work and it seems pretty reliable).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Ibid wrote:
    Damn subject choice. Do I choose something that's hard - perhaps too hard - but potentially very rewarding or hedge my bets and go for something easy and boring but almost certainly at least at II.1?

You're not in final year so marks in one subject don't matter. Go for the one that interests you most.

Still hungover as a small cat from saturday's festivities. Say no to cider. Don't say it to buckfast though or it'll beat you up.
    On another note, guy apparently got stabbed in ballymahon t'other evening. Apparently he deserved it though so that makes it all right. Not too pleased about it happening less than ten miles from the Edquarters though. Tsk.

My car just got clamped:mad:

[RANT]
    Bloody clampers, bastard scourge of the earth, modern day Hitlers, evil individuals, preying on the people, 80 euro fine my ars*, ect ect...
    [/RANT]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I read that as "my cat just got clamped." -good times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

FOR THE ATTENTION OF ALL TOURISTS IN TRINITY:
    -Dont ask me to move off a bench by the cricket pitch just because u want to take a photo of it. its just grass.... with some posts.... get over it!!!
    -Standing still for two seconds to answer my phone next to the library shop does NOT mean I will take you on a guided tour... some people have things to fill up the time... like CLASS!!!
    -No you cannot use my card to gert into the Hamilton library.... in fact i dont even have one yet and am not allowed into the building despite skully telling us to go there!!!!!!!!!!!
    -The constant clicking of cameras is like one of the seven dwarves in my head, mining incessantly, drivin the pick axe repeatedly into that wall of grey matter on a day that im not very 'un-hungover'.....jaysus i must be in at least 20 pics now and I believe you can be arrested in many parts of the world for taking aformentioned photos of random strangers!!!

In conclusion, stay the **** away!!!!!!!!!!!!

RANT 2: I also hate the LUAS. It took so long to print the ticket this morning that i missed the first one even though i had the money in the machine while it was a good hundred yards away. so I had to take the next LUAS... which broke down at smithfield.. meaning i had to run to college...meaning i was 20 minutes late! AFTER I PAID 2.40e for the ticket!!!:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement