Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I think im drunker than i thought...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Ibid wrote:
    My timetable is meh at best. Looks like I'm going to have to quit my job - I'm in until 7pm two evenings, 6pm on Tuesday and 5pm on Monday. My shifts generally start at 6pm and it takes more than an hour and a half to get home at peak traffic times.

And after I went in to the library to see what the story was for a job they informed me today that the queue to work for them is about twelve months' long. So much for me and my six weeks.

Shit.
    If MonWel is dropped you'd be off at one on Thursday. How many days a week would you be working?

I think im drunker than i thought...:(
    My advise is to stop posting. I've gotten myself into some serious ****s for posting while frunk.

I'm going to stop replying to everything now...

well no im still thinking straight i just feel kinda light headed, also there are no typos, tis strange.

well no im still thinking straight i just feel kinda light headed, also there are no typos, tis strange.
    Wow. Alcohol+Awayindahils>Awayindahils, apparently.

• Advertisement

Wow. Alcohol+Awayindahils>Awayindahils, apparently.

Mmh I'd worry but I reckon it will pass once college finishes, me hopes. Tis weird most people here calll me hils, hmmm. (so i sound a little tipsy)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

delerium tremens is visiting ed today, it'll accompany the smell of having slept on a couch and the heart palpatations. Good day to start work!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Dead Ed wrote:
    delerium tremens is visiting ed today, it'll accompany the smell of having slept on a couch and the heart palpatations. Good day to start work!
    Ah ya didn't, you loco man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I think im drunker than i thought...

Hee! I got to see the (hilarious) evidence of this first-hand (much as I'd rather not have) and I'm sad to say it's been the high point of my week so far.

The next time I get smug and annoying about being a great big society hack, somebody kick me in the head. I'm half-dead from working for one lot while feeling like a useless piece of **** for not being able to help out another two.

Will do.

This freshers week thing seems to be more exhausting than fun, hmm to the traffic light ball i go, and only cos im not paying otherwise i'd sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

shay_562 wrote:
    The next time I get smug and annoying about being a great big society hack...
    There's an intervening period?
    ...somebody kick me in the head.
    No problem.

shay_562 wrote:
    The next time I get smug and annoying about being a great big society hack, somebody kick me in the head. I'm half-dead from working for one lot while feeling like a useless piece of **** for not being able to help out another two.
    Try being a small society hack. Especially a hack to a society who anyone who is to the left of Franco has an automatic dislike for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Try being a small society hack. Especially a hack to a society who anyone who is to the left of Franco has an automatic dislike for.

It's not quite as bad as you say. Maybe you should think of it as a test of character and resiliance ;)

Troglodyte wrote:
    It's not quite as bad as you say. Maybe you should think of it as a test of character and resiliance ;)
    Or how long I can stay away from the vodka...

Or how long I can stay away from the vodka...

Now taking odds on this.... 1/2 on that you'll be smashed by 3pm tomorrow. Actually, thats technically now today, which means I must go to bed. Damn my enthuastic volunteering for the early morning work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Dead Ed wrote:
    Rental industry's a sellers' market now, is it? Kill all landlords. Still homeless. Gonna get roaring drunk if not housed by this evening.
    Did you find a house yet? I know two other people who are also looking for a place (4th year girl and postgrad guy, both reasonably sociable and of good character, don't think they know each other), so if you need two extra people to fill a house, let me know and I'll pass on phone numbers.

Arrr, think we're ok in terms of the quantity of humans. Cheers anyways man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I haven't slept in 24 hours. So tired. I have no giro form so can't pay my registration fee. (This is rather insignificant, but because I am tired and cranky it seems like a big deal. Blather.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

my

head

hurts

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stoopid vodka and orange juice.... the latter of which we conveniently ran out of at the start of the night.........

Ibid wrote:
    There's an intervening period?

Well, I tend to sleep.
    Ibid wrote:
    No problem.

Best. Fall. Ever.

Topic 1: McDonalds have done away with Twisty Fries (the greatest type of fries by far) and upped the price of McNuggets by 33% on their ****ty new Eurosaver menu. Bastards!

Topic 2: I don't like waking up on random people's floors not sure where the **** I am. I'm really going to have to try and stop doing that.

• Advertisement

Worst. Hangover. Ever.

Started off with Guinness, and eventually ended up with huge amounts of cheap red wine interspersed with vodka and red bull. It seems I've found the ultimate combo for the ultimate hangover. So destroyed I can barely type this.

Arrrrrrhg......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

See, I had one of those nights where I was convinced I was sober, but most likely wasn't. red wine at friends house before heading to the match for a few pints, followed by heading to the pembroke and sitting by the fire having another few pints followed by rosé and white wine at a friends place as I attempted to get across front square without running into too many people, and failed.

then the room spun. oh well. :P

You know, perhaps we should create a special drunkenness / hangover thread to shunt all the alcohol related posts into one place. Your thoughts, guys?

I think we'd suddenly end up with 82% of our posts on one thread.

Nasty incident in pub :mad:

Myself and an English friend were in Mulligans of Poolbeg street, enjoying a few Guinnesses, and a few utter bastards came over and basically started to abuse us. They abused me for apparently being a bit of a toff (no worries, I can take that), but they abused my friend for being English. The unspoken yet highly apparent threat of violence was very present, so we both quickly left the place. This would be bad enough, but you see, I've seen this all before many times. It seems I honestly can't bring someone I know of the English persuasion to a pub without some random drunken bigoted bull**** happening.

God I'm ashamed of my nationality right now :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've never had any problems with my English friends. Maybe I/they look harder than you.

Balls, went to iskanders last night. Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Dead Ed wrote:
    Balls, went to iskanders last night. Enough said.
    Yes, the next day "reminders" of its foulness are never pleasant.

Kebabs here seem to the cheapest form of food. Seriously it cost be 7 euro for a small bit of burger mince today, 2 euro for a mars bar, even a bag of 6 bagels is about 4 euro. Groceries are ridiculous here. The kebabs are quite edible though, not up to leuven standards but still tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i had three hours of qft in a lecture hall with no windows yesterday... why do you people have lecture rooms with no windows!!

• Advertisement

No one knows exactly..apperently the arts block was supposed to be designed around the idea of communal space and light and air etc..:rolleyes: /:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement