Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

All of my lectures are in a basement. stupid lloyd building.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

bluewolf wrote:
    why do you people have lecture rooms with no windows!!
    So you can see the projector screen. Otherwise the windows would often have to be blacked out like in some of the older lecture theatres.

I don't see the problem, lecture theatres without windows are more cosey. Have you ever been to the cinema?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

grrrrrrr to queue for an hour and a half for registration yesterday to be told when i got to top that i had paid late and as a result my money hadnt gone thru and to come back in 1 to 2 weeks! WTF!!!!

also this new self registration to get into ISS this year is grrrrr! like uve to log in and like wait 40 seconds shizzle and then close and open again, argh! why?! what was wrong with last years system? eeek!

Grrr to fire safety lecture tonight. Too tired - hell I have three hours off so i've gone back to bed :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 goldsmith

I think I'll have a good read through Trinity News during this thingymajig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

also this new self registration to get into ISS this year is grrrrr! like uve to log in and like wait 40 seconds shizzle and then close and open again, argh! why?! what was wrong with last years system? eeek!

Yea Ian.

• That new system for connecting to the net is really doing my head in. I way preferred how it was before. I had to go to a network clinic anyway since the 'self service' didn't work, and by the looks of it it didn't work for half of college.

Went to registration at 9am to get it over with, came back for a 'quick nap' and woke up about 6 hours later :( Didn't get my essay started to I've to do it all tonight.

Don't want to go to fire safety lecture. Sure I'm at the opposite end of the corridor from the fire escape door anyway so I don't see any alternative but jumping out of the window should the kitchen catch fire. :rolleyes:

Don't want to go to fire safety lecture.

Second year in a row that it is on at the same time as an Ireland game. I didn't go on the Wednesday last year, and went along to the Scholar's one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ApeXaviour wrote:
    So you can see the projector screen. Otherwise the windows would often have to be blacked out like in some of the older lecture theatres.

I don't see the problem, lecture theatres without windows are more cosey. Have you ever been to the cinema?
    the cinema doesn't involve three hours of focusing on stupid quantum field theory with a foreign lecturer who you can just about understand :(
    and there's no projector. just a blackboard.
    hamilton building ftw
    why's the hall called the Salmon one anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Cos it's lecture theatre 1 in the hamilton. Maxwell 5 joly 4 etc etc.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

LiouVille wrote:
    Yea Ian.
    huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Towering piles of Shit To Do. Very little time to do it. Booh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

huh?

Did you write the software for whatever their complaining about? I vaugely remember you mentioning it.

LiouVille wrote:
    Did you write the software for whatever their complaining about? I vaugely remember you mentioning it.
    no, software i wrote was for something entirely different :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

LiouVille wrote:
    Yea Ian.

ian? whos ian? im not ian *confused!*

Nietzschean is ian

I'm ranting at the amount of e-mails I'm getting (at least three times) from Careers Advisory Service, or from Lecturers who were contacted from CAS and are independently e-mailing the same thing. I know it's to benefit students, but it's a bit mad.

MAKE THE BAD MICROPROCESSOR SYSTEMS GO AWAY!!!

aaaaahhh!

this lecture is disgracefully boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

head cold, sore throat, cough. General unwellness...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

First year biology students!

• Advertisement

building works i can hear in the window of my office.

First year students in general making lots of noise outside my office.

Scummy undergrads making the queue in centra long.

i'm sure some more stuff will come to me.

Not thinking of more stuff to include in this post.

Ick, the person downstairs has atrocious taste in music. Razorlight for the past half hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

head cold, sore throat, cough. General unwellness...:(

Funnily enough, I have exactly the same thing, as do a lot of other people I know. Must be something going around at the moment. :(

Ugh, and the baaaaad, baaaaad music continues with the Libertines. I might lodge a complaint, someone with taste this bad deserves to be fined by the Warden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Hayzeus

Pet wrote:
    Ugh, and the baaaaad, baaaaad music continues with the Libertines. I might lodge a complaint, someone with taste this bad deserves to be fined by the Warden.
    It would seem the only answer would be to cut off your ears.

Or lodge the complaint either way.

Scummy undergrads making the queue in centra long.
    Ah ffs sake ian.. you're but 3 months from your undergraduate days. You don't get to be fickle yet, bloody fresher postgrad. So what's it like being on the bottom rung again, eh eh? ;)

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Ah ffs sake ian.. you're but 3 months from your undergraduate days. You don't get to be fickle yet, bloody fresher postgrad. So what's it like being on the bottom rung again, eh eh? ;)
    Haha, sure i'm only on day 2 of being a postgrad :), and dec i'm sure you think scummy lil freshers making your queue to the bar in the pav longer.....well you would if you were in the country[and for the record i didn't even come up with that, a m8 did, i commented on the wtfness at being in centra , again.Crap food, expensive, but right outside the door.... ]...And bottom rung, well thats pretty good people don't expect me to know alot(relatively), yet. I've to give some presentation tomorrow...that'll be fun.

Though tbh i'm having an even harder trouble explaining what i do to people than when i started TP....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Troglodyte wrote:
    Funnily enough, I have exactly the same thing, as do a lot of other people I know. Must be something going around at the moment. :(
    Its because of the rain during Freshers' Week. It proves we're hardcore hacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I keep having nightmares about the GMB, or rather nightmares which are located within the GMB. I think I've gotta get out more..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Its because of the rain during Freshers' Week. It proves we're hardcore hacks.
    I keep having nightmares about the GMB, or rather nightmares which are located within the GMB. I think I've gotta get out more..

We need help...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement