Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

ARGHRRRRRRRRR!!! :mad:

Stupid ****ing "MATLAB". Spent all day trying to do some graph in it. Eventually I gave up, took somebody elses code and just changed the couple parameters in it to fit my graph.

This is what I get:
    agsi200 =

??? Error using ==> run
    Error using ==> exp
    Too many input arguments.

WTF? It should friggin poxy work!

Its should look all nice & pretty, like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

some turd stuck their fat boot through the front wheel of the bike over the weekend. I'd love to hand them their eyeballs on their disembodied kneecaps but I dunno who it was. Now I can't scare/offend people by bombing through the arts block inches away from them :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

building works i can hear in the window of my office.

First year students in general making lots of noise outside my office.

Scummy undergrads making the queue in centra long.

i'm sure some more stuff will come to me.

Not thinking of more stuff to include in this post.

Arr, damn undergrads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Dead Ed wrote:
    some turd stuck their fat boot through the front wheel of the bike over the weekend. I'd love to hand them their eyeballs on their disembodied kneecaps but I dunno who it was. Now I can't scare/offend people by bombing through the arts block inches away from them :( :mad:
    Where did you park it? Trinity is usually safe enough from the scum of Dublin, provided it's well inside and not too near an exit.

Rant: Spent €40 today on boring crap like lab manuals, photocopying cards, print credit and library fines. Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Grrrr...the first day I lock my bike on campus (as opposed to on Stephen's Green for the last few weeks) and it gets stolen! :mad: Ah well, may all bad luck go with it!

• Advertisement

Although this isn't really helpful, pop off an e-mail to education@tcdsu.org - Rob should get e-mails from the Gardaí publicising when they are going to do a public auction of unclaimed goods, including bikes. You could get the drug boat of your dreams!

And if I recall correctly, there was one last November or so.

Pet wrote:
    Where did you park it? Trinity is usually safe enough from the scum of Dublin, provided it's well inside and not too near an exit.

Errr, temple bar on a saturday, returning on the monday... You may say I deserved ot have it thrashed but if someone leaves their door open and I come in and take a **** on their carpet does that mean they deserved it? *****, I know what they deserve, a punishment that exceeds the crime, that's what (spray them with attractive moo cow phermones and release randy bull. That'll make the christian brothers seem like quiet evening in front of the blackboard. Moo.)
    penguin88 wrote:
    Grrrr...the first day I lock my bike on campus (as opposed to on Stephen's Green for the last few weeks) and it gets stolen! Ah well, may all bad luck go with it!
    Walk round with a crowbar until you see the ****er that did it. Then introduce it to one of his/her orifices (orifici? RFSI? RFS? har har). Man this town was clean before batman sold out and went into the drugs trade.

Also: daft.ie
    search...
    refresh...
    refresh...
    refresh...
    refresh...
    refresh...
    refresh...
    refresh...
    Look at videos of people getting hurt...
    refresh...
    refresh...
    refresh...
    refresh...
    refresh...
    Call landlord.... "it's gone"
    refresh...
    refresh...
    Complain to anyone within earshot...
    refresh...
    refresh...
    Spend more time not giving up smoking...
    Go drinking...

Rant: Was trying to book tickets on savoy.ie as it is a 'special offer!! €5 - All tickets, All shows when booked online.' This excludes the 50c booking fee, but €5.50 for the cinema is decent.

Of course, once you go into the site who are sorting the tickets, you find that it states 'Online ticketing is available for showtimes in blue.' And of course there are none at all which are in blue.

Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Myth wrote:
    Rant: Was trying to book tickets on savoy.ie as it is a 'special offer!! €5 - All tickets, All shows when booked online.' This excludes the 50c booking fee, but €5.50 for the cinema is decent.

Of course, once you go into the site who are sorting the tickets, you find that it states 'Online ticketing is available for showtimes in blue.' And of course there are none at all which are in blue.

Typical.

You could go see The Devil Wears Prada at anytime tomorrow, wasn't bothered searching any harder after I actually found one :) Definitely your kinda movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

qft sucks, especially 3 hours in a row in Salmon

that is all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Myth wrote:

Typical.

Sue sue sue.

Mad, some appear blue now. They were all grey yesterday for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I feel sick :( and I've a really big decision to make in the next 24 hours. Can anyone de-sick me soon please? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

xebec wrote:
    I feel sick :( and I've a really big decision to make in the next 24 hours. Can anyone de-sick me soon please? :confused:
    Have you tried medicine?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

dangerous choice.....

look how indy ended up!

dangerous choice.....

look how indy ended up!
    Loaded? Yeah, hate to have his life.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i think you missed my joke....

Can't sleep. (Clown'll eat me.)

Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

dangerous choice.....

look how indy ended up!
    might've just been a poor joke.

as an aside, think I just had the worst night of minding people EVER.

xebec wrote:
    Cut the blue wire

• Advertisement

Grrr.. A certain bitter anal retentive person, who shall remain unnamed, is going utterly out of their way to be an asshole. No not here with me in denmark, in college. Specifically this former (failed) SU sabat candidate is making a large effort to trouble the physoc by being almost ridiculously anal. Why? Who knows, petty revenge probably as this person is also a failed committee officer candidate of our society.

The physoc is going through a recent revival that we're trying to keep alive. Our aims are to celebrate and promote physics in a fun way as well as to try make it a social society. Organising talks with receptions afterwards and making the subject more open to everybody by going to schools etc. It's a relaxed informal society. We're not so big on keeping meticulous records of our meetings, nor are we big on "points of information", "motions", absolute strict adherance to the csc rules etc. We tend to do what we must on the beaurocratic side and no more.

Then somebody, who contributed practically no effort to the society while everybody else was pitching in and helping out last year. This ungracious swine that had the nerve to try depose our elected chairperson is now stirring trouble wherever they see fit. Distracting us from our genuine efforts, trying to find a kink in the armour to bring the society into disrepute. This obnoxious mr junior parliament.

makes my blood boil is all... that petty people like this exist in pure and absolute self-interest :mad:

Just wait until February when he runs again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

actually, very good point :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

You are not entitled, by right, to all minutes of meetings and financial records of societies of which you are a member.

You can tell him that.

I wonder if he'll get more than 350 votes this year.

Myth wrote:
    Just wait until February when he runs again.
    Is he that blindly arrogant? Does he not realise he'll completely humiliate himself? I almost feel sorry for him now...
    Ibid wrote:
    You are not entitled, by right, to all minutes of meetings and financial records of societies of which you are a member.

You can tell him that.
    Ha really? Sweet..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Who is it? Answers on postcard via PM to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Oh and for my rant: I thought I was done with exams, I've two before Christmas! Still both will give me decent qualifications which will look good on the oul CV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Apex, if it who i think it is, how is he even still in college?

I know who you're talking about. He'd look good on the bottom of a lake, requiring facial reconstructive surgery.

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Is he that blindly arrogant? Does he not realise he'll completely humiliate himself? I almost feel sorry for him now...

Humiliate himself by going for the same position again, yes. But it depends on the electorate remember, and in the end if he gets elected what's a little embarressment?

Don't get me wrong, I'm never voting for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement