Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

My room looks like a bomb exploded in it. Or, like a girl's room after a party (WHY do they throw clothes everywhere? At least mine is the buildup of about 2 weeks' worth). And I can't find anything, it's like being back in Kerry. AND my kettle exploded so I'm tea deprived. moan, moan, inconsequential whine, blather, donkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Bah, hole in me hand and I can't turn water into buckfast. I got ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Are the exam timetables up?

*falls over in panic*

Man that makes them all too real...hmm three exams to prepare for and one essay to write..yay i love my birthday week. I can't go to the Cork IV and just when I'd begun to get over my inability to debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Dead Ed wrote:
    Bah, hole in me hand and I can't turn water into buckfast. I got ripped off.
    Elaborate please? I'm so detached. But at least I'm drunk and hence extremely happy. :)

PS: in 5 hours I'm supposedly cooking an irish breakfast for at least 20 people. Irish breakfasts are the best fking cures for hangovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

My cupboards are infested with little brown lice feckers.

I only remembered people were throwing meatballs at me last night when I noticed my good jacket was covered in meaty residue.

And now I've only got one bottle of cava left. The other having mysteriously vanished.

• Advertisement

Grr. Planning this 21st is a pain. Feck everyone, I think I'll just go knacker drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Man that makes them all too real...hmm three exams to prepare for and one essay to write.

Try 6 exams and an essay. And I'm going to Cork (on the grounds that, between Lawsoc Maidens, Phil Maidens and your birthday, this week is essentially a write-off anyway). I just keep telling myself that if I can get exemptions in Schols, my crappy marks in these exams won't count for anything.

Oh, and I just got knocked out of the Times. Which I'm not that unhappy about, since I did OK in my round, but is still bitch-worthy.

shay_562 wrote:
    Try 6 exams and an essay. And I'm going to Cork (on the grounds that, between Lawsoc Maidens, Phil Maidens and your birthday, this week is essentially a write-off anyway). I just keep telling myself that if I can get exemptions in Schols, my crappy marks in these exams won't count for anything.

Oh, and I just got knocked out of the Times. Which I'm not that unhappy about, since I did OK in my round, but is still bitch-worthy.

Yay you made it to two finals!! And as for the times thats what you get for not prepping with me, the inane points hadn't been highlighted. And i want to got to cork, but I am a little broke, and i have a **** load of meetings this week so lecturs are goign to be sort of rare, and well I wanna go to cork and get drunk and hear all the gossip but I'm not going to be able too...:(

Ugh University council is 9.30am the morning after my birthday...

And 6 exams thats what you get for doing business.

(sorry to hear about the times)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Frigging essay due for tomorrow and I've only done about 550 words out of 2000 words.I'm gonna be quite tired tomorrow anyway.

I have six exams too and 2 weeks to prepare for them although I have worked since September so it shouldn't be too hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I'm still on the damn essay although it has to be said I'm just nearly finished! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Elaborate please? I'm so detached. But at least I'm drunk and hence extremely happy. :)
    ARRRR, tore a 5mm hole in the area between the thumb and index finger. Was able to see some of the inner workings but it closed up a good bit in the last couple of days. Opened an umbrella really quickly and me hand slipped, I'll have me darwin award now please!

Am looking for a job for after college. This is depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Myth wrote:
    Am looking for a job for after college. This is depressing.
    Presume you mean a career and not a post-5pm job?

Yeah, I got my copy of the big dirty Careers Advisory Service whore-mag last Friday. Kicking me out already are you? Eh? Eh? Pricks. I'm only here two years. Go feck off with your careers.

I don't need my stinkin' money.

:(.

Technically a career, but that sounds even more scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Pet wrote:
    Grr. Planning this 21st is a pain. Feck everyone, I think I'll just go knacker drinking.

I just went to Doyle's with all my friends for mine. It was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Ibid wrote:
    Yeah, I got my copy of the big dirty Careers Advisory Service whore-mag last Friday. Kicking me out already are you? Eh? Eh? Pricks. I'm only here two years. Go feck off with your careers.
    Huh? What's that? How come I didn't get one?

These macs in Ham2 are an awful lot of ****. No rightclick - wtf?

Mac fascists will tell you to use Ctrl + click.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Macs are for jerks

That's exactly what I keep telling the jerks.

Rant: Coke machine in the hamilton is out of coke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

stupid NTL, must cancel. 320ms ping to college, complete farce tbh.

Write them an angry letter. That'll learn 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

NTL never cared about customers, they used to just have an under-used class fibre network so it didn't matter, was the best service and the worst customer support for years, now its just crap on both counts...

Bah, WHY did I book myself in for piano AND drum grade exams? As if I didn't have enough work to do already. Pffh. Zeal > time/energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭antSionnach

ARGHHHHHH I bought this bigass university physics book for SEVENTY THREE euro AND FIFTY CENTS only to discover my brother had gone out and bought it and I had to pay him back so now I have TWO bigass University Physics Books and the stupid well known bookshopoutside Trinity that isnt Easons wont take it back the bastards! Like all I want is a credit note so I can get other books instead, how are they losing out? It's still in the plastic wrapping ffs! Whats wrong with them!? Bastards!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Myth wrote:
    That's exactly what I keep telling the jerks.

Rant: Coke machine in the hamilton is out of coke.

Hamilton coke machine is ****ing posessed.

On more than one occassion I've gotten 2 bottles of fanta when pushing the lilt button. In fact I had no idea the machine even had any lilt in it, till the other day when I hit the coke button and it gave me a lilt... fanta lemon button tends to give me diet coke, sometimes fanta orange. Normal coke button tends to give me diet cokes... That machine hates me.

Looking over my timetable for next term, it looks like (if I go with the options I think I'll go with)...

Monday - 11am
    Tuesday - 9am
    Wednesday - 9am
    Thursday - 9am
    Friday - 11am.
    Total Hours: 5.5+4+3+2+5=19.5.

Mondays and Fridays actually looks quite nice, especially after week 5. Technically I could arrange it so that I get Friday's off, but that'd mean not doing Transportation or 'Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology'. On the other hand, if I go for a different option (am between two minds), I would have...

Monday - 9am
    Tuesday - 11am
    Wednesday - 10am
    Thursday - 10am
    Friday - 9am.
    Total Hours: 4.5+3+3+2+7=19.5

Obviously I'm busy procrastinating when I should be doing work, and that I'll base my choices on what subjects I want instead of whether I want an easy Friday or not.

I still feel like throwing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Pet wrote:
    Bah, WHY did I book myself in for piano AND drum grade exams? As if I didn't have enough work to do already. Pffh. Zeal > time/energy.
    Yeah, I had to give up music this year
    am rather annoyed, I heart my cello and singing lessons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pooh to weird situations where your moral compass wins out. POOH TO THEM I SAY. I hate you number 9.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement