Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

hrmm that sounds like a good story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

The sheer speed of the GMB gossip mill scares me sometimes. This being my first time on the recieving end, I'm suddenly feeling a lot of remorse over all the times I've ripped the piss out of other people over it. Stupid karma...

Edit: ^ See, now I'm intrigued. Mostly by this talk of a "moral compass" (what's that like?), but also by the story.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

shay_562 wrote:
    The sheer speed of the GMB gossip mill scares me sometimes.

thats_great2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

bluewolf wrote:
    Yeah, I had to give up music this year
    am rather annoyed, I heart my cello and singing lessons
    You should join D'Orchestra, it'll keep you in practice. Time to dig out me oul' violin I think..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Pet wrote:
    You should join D'Orchestra, it'll keep you in practice. Time to dig out me oul' violin I think..

RoRo

what instrament dont you play?

and what would you think would be the best for someone who's a novice?

• Advertisement

RoRo

what instrament dont you play?

and what would you think would be the best for someone who's a novice?
    Bah, I haven't played it in years, so I doubt I could do much with it..

And what sort of novice are we talking about? If you wanna rawk, take up guitar. And get lessons. If you wanna be a bit more diverse, the violin is a good starting point. And if you have a piano at home, get playin'! You're never too old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

hungover, DYING!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I'm feeling quite unwell (pain in head, what I think might be the beginnings of a fever). I went home early yesterday, and I stayed in bed late this morning: I've missed two lectures and two tutorials. I've dragged myself into College now to try to do some study for the forthcoming exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

europerson wrote:
    I'm feeling quite unwell (pain in head, what I think might be the beginnings of a fever). I went home early yesterday, and I stayed in bed late this morning: I've missed two lectures and two tutorials. I've dragged myself into College now to try to do some study for the forthcoming exams.
    I must såy this is øne øf my pet håtes. Being thåt løusy sick ånd studying. Yøu cån håve pretty much åny symptøm, stømåch åche, heådcøld, søre thrøåt, flåtulånce ånd it's fine. Yøu cån ignøre them ånd get løst in yøur studies (with enøugh nøn-drøwsy sudåfed, immødium ånd/ør påråcetåmøl). But when yøu feel just thåt løusy it øne øf the wørst things in the wørld if yøu simply must study.

Ånd yes I'm cømpletely børed hence my use øf the funny keys øn this keybøård. Unførtunåtely I håve nøt yet gøt tø use "æ" ås I think it shøuld ønly be used før å wørd thåt hås "e" åfter "å" like pædøphile. Øh, there we gø.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Snap. champagne ball? managed to only get to sleep at midday today, and only just recently awake :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Pet wrote:
    I'm rarely around trinity
    only for my lectures, then back to maynooth
    plus I don't have time for orchestra either... if i did, i'd have kept up my music lessons...
    If you wanna be a bit more diverse, the violin is a good starting point.
    pft diverse? everyone plays the violin
    play the cello!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:

You haven't brought a violin to band practice why?

bluewolf wrote:
    I'm rarely around trinity
    only for my lectures, then back to maynooth

We can form our own orchestra. I can't read music though. Cello+Guitar=BluewolfJohnOrchestraHappyFunTime

John wrote:
    You haven't brought a violin to band practice why?
    My sister stole it and left it in a damp attic; now it's all gone crap and I think it's rotting. ****ing bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Jesus is spamming me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

oooooh, liver sore. Doom is about the place too. oooooooooooooooo

Pet wrote:
    My sister stole it and left it in a damp attic; now it's all gone crap and I think it's rotting. ****ing bitch.

Will I cut her or do you want to do it? By the way, gg for practice today. vgg

I just trimmed my beard. Its gone from really long to really short. Unless I can get a haircut tomorrow early, it'll just look weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

That's hot

A good tip:

If you're going to have a drunken foodfight with your flatmate at 5am, try not to have it in your own apartment (the mess, oh god the mess), and try not to use salsa (the smell, the smell) or flour (the lumps; shampoo, it does nothing).

My hair is now stuck in doughy clumps that smell like cheap tesco salsa and I CAN'T WASH THE DAMN THING OUT. And I have a hangover too. Gah.

• Advertisement

*laughs at Pet's misfortune*
    &#231 wrote: »
    I just trimmed my beard. Its gone from really long to really short. Unless I can get a haircut tomorrow early, it'll just look weird.

I wouldn't worry about it, you always look weird.

GROSS. Even my pillow smells of it now. Ick, ick, ick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Why are the people from teresians possed of a mental age of about 13 and no more? I mean FFS.

I kinda wanted to have a wohoo post but then i realised that i havn;'t had any wohoos this weekend. I got lots of sleep but thats about it.

On friday i stayed at home, as in didnt go to cork so that i could study, i got so distracted by not oging to cork that i went to meet my sister, got lunch and went home,a nd watch stupid tv and went to bed. and then i had a really cool dream, the kind of dream where you belivee thats its real, and then you want to wake up becuase you're so excited, and then i began to wake up and in those 32 seconds between sleep and wakefulness i remembered that the thing couldn't possibly have happened and then i desperately tried to go back to slee[ so that i could dream again and then the phone rang and there was no one on the other end when i picked it up. The clock in my mums room is an hour fast so i thought it was 11.30 and not 10.30 so i got up to study. Psent an hour and a half online, then studied for 30mins, wnet back to bed, just as i fell alseep my dad arrived so i got up, then he left. Then i went to town with my mum, then i went to collect ym sister. Came home. made my sister dinner, was going to study but dopped her to a party instead,. Came home, books on ym lap and watched miami vice. Went to bed, woke up went to work. Books totally untouched, but I'm not exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Women :mad:

Ian just told me I had big black bags under my eyes :(

A really important interviewee for my radio documentary just cancelled :mad:

I still have lumps of flour in my hair, and it still smells vaguely of salsa. I was getting paranoid on the luas that people were staring at me..

stargal wrote:
    A really important interviewee for my radio documentary just cancelled :mad:

Can I fill in for them?

John wrote:
    Can I fill in for them?

Hmm, maybe. Do you have strong views on whether kids should be given ASBOs? Are you currently the Children's Ombudsman by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

I blame the ASBO culture on the rise of popular culture and the attitude that you see on all the kids' TV shows. You know what I mean...'Talk to the hand..' and children have far too much choice now- they think the world revolves around them. This WILL lead to selfish children feeling like they can do whatever they like.

Including getting ASBOS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement