Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

spent three quarters of an hour in the rain waiting to view a house only for the silly bint not to show up, answer her phone or reply to messages, now I've got trenchfoot (probably not) and some sort of psychosis. No good at all, which reminds me, an Ill wind destroyed me umbrella. "Why do we fall mr. wayne?" "so you can slash the ankle tendons of the **** that pushed you". I'm looking at you God, don't make me start the war again... (last time I had a most amusing run of bad luck and many cuts and bruises.) I'm gonna head home 'cos the yellow ferret in the corner is about to strike for the jugular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

That's what you get for using an umbrella. What, were you afraid your hair would get frizzy?

Edit: I've had, oh, 6 weeks to do this bio assignment? And it's due tomorrow. Naturally, I haven't started it yet. Although, it is genetics rather than actual biochemistry, so it's not TOO bad. Still though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Stargal - reduce the recording level on the MD to between half and three quarters.

Then boost it with Audacity.

Thanks for all the help. Got it sorted in the end - got a different mini-disc. The problem was that the line-in wasn't a mic-line, so the sound was never going to be great.

Really appreciated all the help though. I got really frustrated with it last night cos I had an interview in the Dáil first thing this morning and couldn't get the MD working. Ended up almost crying because of it, which wasn't nice :(

But think things are better now.

Feckfeckfeck. The Evil Biochemistry Lab Writeup of Death, Doom and Destruction remains incomplete. I don't have a clue what was going on in that experiment, or why, and that's what they're asking. In great detail.

I shall collapse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Note to self:

Don't text the mother while drunk, and if you really must please please please refrain from excessive swearing, even if it is done festively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Hmm just realised that my essay has an upper limit of 8 pages, which i reckon means 7 pages of writing and a page for the bibliography which grand. The only thing is that I thought it was about 1500 words long. And 7 pages is more like 3,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm on Ussher Level 4, otherwise known as U4, otherwise known as 'euphoria', and some greasy woman from Kerry has been talking very loudly across the room for a considerable period of time.

Damn you, Pet.

Hmm. I noticed someone with a hacking cough, could that have been you?

(I do apologise, though, and with full sincerity; if not to you, then to the other people in the library at the time. We left out of guilt. Eventually.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

That would most likely have been me. I'm very ill, but my male pride is acting up at the moment so I shan't be going to the doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Just back from a house party.... god you'd never think I have exams starting on Monday which I'm totally unprepared for... bah. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I planned on going out last night - instead I just got ****ered drunk and crashed at 11pm. stupid not having had dinner.

Went out last night, and still have to write up labs. Euggh.

I think my head is imploding :(

Hmmm, I seem to be contributing waaay too much to this thread lately.

Latest rant/bitch/moan: I graduate on Tuesday and between the lack of sleeping and the tonnes of college work, I look like shít. Which won't be good for the graduation picture. Especially since that's going to be the picture on the news if I ever go missing or get murdered or something. And everyone will be like 'Wow. That tired-looking girl is missing. That's a pity', rather than 'Hey, that girl is missing. Hope they find her'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Hmm just realised that my essay has an upper limit of 8 pages, which i reckon means 7 pages of writing and a page for the bibliography which grand. The only thing is that I thought it was about 1500 words long. And 7 pages is more like 3,000.

Word/page limits are normally exclusive of bibliography

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

stargal wrote:
    Hmmm, I seem to be contributing waaay too much to this thread lately.

Latest rant/bitch/moan: I graduate on Tuesday and between the lack of sleeping and the tonnes of college work, I look like shít. Which won't be good for the graduation picture. Especially since that's going to be the picture on the news if I ever go missing or get murdered or something. And everyone will be like 'Wow. That tired-looking girl is missing. That's a pity', rather than 'Hey, that girl is missing. Hope they find her'.

Rubbish, you're looking fi-ine :)

Andrew 83 wrote:
    Rubbish, you're looking fi-ine :)

:D Thanks but not sure I believe that!

New phone was robbed, guts are in ribbons, head's all stuffed up. So taken the morning off. Not clever, it's my last week here and I've one million and one things to tie up etc.

Damn it I'm goin back to bed.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    New phone was robbed
    Sorry to hear.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    New phone was robbed,
    Welcome to my world.

Also, Grrr, work.

• Advertisement

Hmm, I'm quite perturbed by an encounter I had about an hour ago. I've been in the library since and haven't been able to study properly.

I was sitting on the boxes outside the Lecky having a coffee before I went in to study. A girl, about 5' 7" with brown hair caught my eye. She sat about a metre beside me. I was aware that she was half-looking at me and I sort of intuitively knew it was because I'd made eye-contact with her. She asked, in her soft Ulster accent "do you think I should drop-out of my course?" I didn't fully realise she was talking to me. I sort of looked up and saw she was looking at me as if we were friends, not the of "I'm sorry, but do you have change of a fiver?" way. My initial reaction was to wonder whether I was on Naked Camera or something. I then figured it was either a case of mistaken identity or she was lonely so either way I figured it best not to embarrass her so I replied "Of course not". She was saying how some "stupid woman" had said some things and that her parents were walk-overs and that she didn't think she should drop out. I re-assured her that she shouldn't let some "stupid woman" talk her into dropping out and, after asking her what age she is, that a 25 year old should stand up to her parents if they're wrong. I told her that she should talk to the SU about talking to this woman. She said she'd have a chat with 'Deborah'.

I then began to realise something was seriously wrong. She then said "yeah, doctors are only interested in money anyway and they're not interested in me". Oh shit. The stupid woman must have been a doctor and I'm talking to someone with a psychiatric illness. She then said she'd talk to 'Deborah' and the Disabilities Office and not drop out. I've just looked at the UCD website, their Educational Psychologist is called Deborah. Bollix. This girl really appreciated my 'advice' and took it to heart. I really didn't know what to do, was getting a bit afraid of what I might say at this stage, and all but ran into the library. What if this girl takes my advice to heart and doesn't drop out against the advice of her parents and doctor? Why didn't I bloody step up to the moral challenge and take the afternoon off or whatever and get this girl some proper help? I'm such a coward sometimes, why the **** did I shirk and run into the library? I should have realised that this girl shouldn't have been in Trinity anyway and she needed help.

Or maybe I'm just overly-cautious on this sort of stuff today. Yesterday I found out a lovely man with four kids, our Xtra-vision's best customer (literally), took his own life two weeks ago.

F*ck it, I'm going off to call Deborah.

Sounds like a pretty unfortunate situation you were dropped in, and I can't say I blame you one bit for reacting as you did. Hindsight can be a wonderful thing, but at the time just about anyone in your situation would have panicked a little. It hardly make you a coward. As long as the UCD Educational Psychologist knows about this, there shouldn't be any damage done.

^^Seconded.

You did what anyone could do, I wouldn't concern myself to much with what's out of my control.

Secondly the extra-vision story is much more disturbing.

After missing half the day of work because I was busy painting the toilet-bowl a lighter shade of disgusting, I proceed to skip breakfast and forget lunch. The only food I have is a quarter kilo of california raisins. Guess what I've been munching the last couple of hours? The noises coming from just under my ribcage right now indicate I'm about to pay dearly for my lack of foresight...

ApeXaviour wrote:
    After missing half the day of work because I was busy painting the toilet-bowl a lighter shade of disgusting, I proceed to skip breakfast and forget lunch. The only food I have is a quarter kilo of california raisins. Guess what I've been munching the last couple of hours? The noises coming from just under my ribcage right now indicate I'm about to pay dearly for my lack of foresight...

That post amused me greatly. We need more of this. Maybe someone (ie. me) should start a thread on all things scatological. Or maybe I should grow up. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Dead Ed wrote:
    Welcome to my world.
    Did you leave it down somewhere? You look a bit too insane for someone to just grab it off ye on the street....

I have no idea. Managed to shed three of the ****ers between january and may this year. Think the third was actually robbed 'cos I had a hole in me head when I woke up the following morning (and it was a nice phone). Haven't lost one since april though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Oh my god. The economics term test is worth 20%. In terms of shocks to the economy of my mental health and stability, i nearly fell of my chair.

And this is the first time I've ever heard the bell rung in the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Oh my god. The economics term test is worth 20%. In terms of shocks to the economy of my mental health and stability, i nearly fell of my chair.

Just remember - the term tests and the essays and all that crap will count for nothing when you get Schols.

(My blind optimism when it comes to my own academic performance has always worked out so far; no reason why it can't rub off on you too).

• Advertisement

shay_562 wrote:
    Just remember - the term tests and the essays and all that crap will count for nothing when you get Schols.

(My blind optimism when it comes to my own academic performance has always worked out so far; no reason why it can't rub off on you too).

Don't worry - I failed most of my MT exams last year, and I did grand in the end so relax.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement