Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Right_Side banned for 2 weeks for trolling.

Yeah good decision. I don't know what he's like in real life, but his posts are always exceptionally antagonistic and he doesn't contribute anything to this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Right_Side wrote:
    Troglodyte I'm so sorry for posting such a politically incorrect post.
    Right on, bruvva! You keep on fightin that wooly, 'lovely-liberal' consensus that rules boards. All these uptight middle class kids need to have their minds blown apart so they can see that they've allowed themselves to be constrained by social 'norms'.

Seriously, you're the least liked poster on this forum because you're nasty, not because you're politically incorrect.
    I really hope you pass your exam after preparing poorly and going out drinking the night before. You definitely deserve to pass over the other people who have been working hard.
    You obviously haven't been listening. Trog could go into an exam pissed out of his head and, if he did well, would deserve to pass. His state of inebriation doesn't affect what he 'deserves' in an exam. Unless its a breathaliser test, which in this case it wasn't.

Personally, I think you don't deserve to be in college as you obviously don't appreciate the student lifestyle.

I'm done. Off to bed. I'll bring the proof of Cramer's Rule with me to help me sleep.

Seriously, you're the least liked poster on this forum because you're nasty, not because you're politically incorrect.

Lol cos it's true :D

We should have a poll so we can determine everyone's social standing on the forum. It could be on a sliding scale, ranging from most popular to least-liked, with everyone ranked according to the votes of users with at least 50 posts.

I call homecoming queen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

stargal wrote:
    I call homecoming queen.
    Honey, its on!

Bring it, girlfriend

/shakes head from side to side, waves finger in b.ie's face in a vaguely threatening manner

I KNOW I would whup your sorry ass :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Seriously, you're the least liked poster on this forum because you're nasty, not because you're politically incorrect. ...
    Personally, I think you don't deserve to be in college as you obviously don't appreciate the student lifestyle.
    While IMO you make a good point, I'd please ask people to refrain from continuing arguments with or bait (etc.) someone who isn't able to defend their position any longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

accounting exam tomorrow, have a started to study for it yet? no!
    do i plan on it? no, i am dealing with my failure already.
    worryingly beginning to follow the same pattern as last year.... not good!:(

If you put in some work now (or else get up early tomorrow, if you're more of a morning person) you could still do ok in it - don't resign yourself to failing, fight for a good grade!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

You get used to resigning to failure - this is my third year doing it.

worst part? I intend on applying for a masters with next years results. oh well.

*****s off to new zealand*

&#231 wrote: »
    worst part? I intend on applying for a masters with next years results. oh well.

Do you mean with your 3rd year results or your 4th year results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Yeah its right outside my office's window, means our office is roasting from all the workstations n crap in here, can't open anything...and its still loud as ****.

Its a great reason not to come to work if i've a hang over on the up side

He has just started up again!

I know it's his job but when his job prevents us doing ours (How many people do you Reckon Nietzschean, 150 ?) would it not be better to get him to pull the night shift rather than us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

The Dining Hall clock is so wrong, and, as a result, so are the bell chimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

accounting exam tomorrow, have a started to study for it yet? no!
    do i plan on it? no, i am dealing with my failure already.
    worryingly beginning to follow the same pattern as last year.... not good!:(

I'm in the same boat with Maths, in which I'm screwed beyond redemption. I suppose actually failing a couple of subjects might be good for me, it would certainly give me a good kick up the ar*e study-wise.

Don't worry about accounting. It does look a bit unfathomable if you're not used to it, but its amazingly easy to pick up marks in it. If you've gone to a few of the lectures, then failure is pretty damn unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I'm hungover/still drunk and tired, and really not making any sort of sense in my head. Mental clarity, come back to me.

Looking through my calls list, I was at the drunk dialling again. bg ronan, vbg.

Also, damn you Accommodation office for giving me all of one day to gather €1619 for period 2 rental. Why no goddamn notice before this? Even a reminder would have been nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

Pet wrote:
    Also, damn you Accommodation office for giving me all of one day to gather €1619 for period 2 rental. Why no goddamn notice before this? Even a reminder would have been nice!

pet why are you even surprised at their stupidity? it is the accomodation office we are talking about here ! grrrr tho i mean they tell us today, its due tomorrow! WTF!

wooooo not long till accounting, going be fun! plan on staying for a good productive half hour and then **** off home to finish my politics essay! whooop wooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Troglodyte wrote:
    I'm in the same boat with Maths, in which I'm screwed beyond redemption. I suppose actually failing a couple of subjects might be good for me, it would certainly give me a good kick up the ar*e study-wise.
    Yup, that's if the post failure apathy/moping is outweighed by the fear of failure. People drop out when the opposite is the case (war is hell).

Dead Ed wrote:
    Yup, that's if the post failure apathy/moping is outweighed by the fear of failure. People drop out when the opposite is the case (war is hell).
    Yep, you'll either fail even worse, barely pass by the skin of your teeth or do better than you ever thought possible.

To swing it towards the last requires only one thing: obsessive determination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Hmm I think Im going to join the Sf BESS heads. Oh dear sweet god what the hell was this mornings exam..

But more importrntly, i have an exam tomorrow which is fair enough its exam week, unfortunately as well as trying to cram for Economy of Irleand I alos have an essay due for politicals cience which is about 2500 words and I have all of 1500 written with **** citation. Tomorrow afternoon is going to be one fun post exam celebration in the library. Though I will probably be terribly tipsy within an hour of handy int he essay soo it'll be ok...sort of..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Hmm I think Im going to join the Sf BESS heads.

You're one of us now...one of us!
    Oh dear sweet god what the hell was this mornings exam..

Just about sums it up, really. Throw in a little more swearing and you've got my post-exam reaction verbatim.

Have the song 'watch your house for ireland' stuck in my head.

Don't know it? You're better off.

• Advertisement

• Also, damn you Accommodation office for giving me all of one day to gather €1619 for period 2 rental. Why no goddamn notice before this? Even a reminder would have been nice!

Are you paying it? I certainly can't pay it with so little notice. I assumed it was due after Christmas, as it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Myth wrote:
    Have the song 'watch your house for ireland' stuck in my head.

Don't know it? You're better off.

What's the score? Up 4-0, are you watching Jimmy Hill?

Okay, today is the day I have to finish of every part of my project. Oh but there was a party last night and now it's sincere trouble for my brain to function. Damn I didnt really think this through

I got scarily drunk at a class night out last night, and did something that's actually pretty funny but I'm a bit embarrassed about.

/cringes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I got drunk tonight. I feel a little oh dear-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I had absinthe tonight, and it still hasn't worn off. :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

hangover1lw4.jpg

Bleurghh....

Yesterday was the day of deadlines - 8 lab reports to have handed in, and one interim report for my final year project. Managed to get 4 of the lab reports in, and my interim project, but I've still 4 lab reports to go.

So that's what I'll be spending my weekend doing, and will hopefully get them in before Monday, before the secretary comes in and opens the box. Sometimes I'm incredibly greatful that the Museum building is 24 hours access. But the rant here is that I wasn't proactive before hand in getting the 4 lab reports in.

Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Dentist appointment this morning. Four fillings. My mouth is sore :(

• Advertisement

All the sockets in my (parents') house have gone off. Fuse box doesn't show anything out of the ordinary, and I'm yoinking wireless from my neighbour while my laptop survives on whatever juice is left in it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement