Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

ooooh thats bold.....

ooooh thats bold.....

I seem to remember you doing it for ages! There's a post on here somewhere about it...

do as i say not as i do.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

stargal wrote:
    I got scarily drunk at a class night out last night, and did something that's actually pretty funny but I'm a bit embarrassed about.

/cringes

Go on, spill the beans, what did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

John wrote:
    Go on, spill the beans, what did you do?

Let's just say that an entire Nitelink full of people overheard one side of a conversation that they would probably have rather not heard.

That's suitably obtuse. I'll leave it there...

• Advertisement

Hmmph. Disappointing much. I was hoping for vomit fountains or garda baiting (as in fishing bait, not "I'll bait ya" bait).

You [strike]eat shit for breakfast[/strike] like to fish for Gardaí?

Myth wrote:
    You [strike]eat shit for breakfast[/strike] like to fish for Gardaí?

Wow. Maynooth has really changed John.

And in response: I'm more embarrassed about the 'conversation' (and I use that term in its loosest possible meaning, as does the unfortunate person who was at the receiving end of it) than any possible Garda baiting or vomit fountain. Both of which sound bizarrely intriguing, but nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Phone sex on a bus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Troglodyte wrote:
    hangover1lw4.jpg

Bleurghh....

Damn you pancreas..

• Advertisement

Phone sex on a bus?

I think phone rape would probably describe it better. In that the person on the other end of the phone had no desire at all to join in my slurred and really rather alarming propositions, but I refused to be deterred. And I didn't let the judgemental looks of the rest of the drunks on the Nitelink stop me either. Unfortunately.

/skulks off to the S&S forum to join like-minded deviants who won't judge me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have been directed to this thread to receive your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Jesus, you're attracting them already.

I would expect no less from boardizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Today was the first morning that I managed to drag my lazy ass out of bed before midday to head into the library. But after doing silly random jobs, when I got in at 3, the power was gone in the Hamilton, so no books were being loaned out. And, because of the power outage, I couldn't use the computers either!

Maybe it's a sign?

Yes, it's a sign :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

it was a half day! we all hadda go home..power was out for hours....

...Extra Wiii time.

stargal wrote:
    I think phone rape would probably describe it better. In that the person on the other end of the phone had no desire at all to join in my slurred and really rather alarming propositions, but I refused to be deterred. And I didn't let the judgemental looks of the rest of the drunks on the Nitelink stop me either. Unfortunately.

/skulks off to the S&S forum to join like-minded deviants who won't judge me

poor andrew...

( it was andrew you were phone raping?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I get home from bloody scandinavia and the bloody heatings not working in my house :mad:

poor andrew... (it was andrew you were phone raping?)

I don't think I'm allowed to name the victim. There could still be a legal case pending. Severe psychological trauma and all that jazz...
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    I get home from bloody scandinavia and the bloody heatings not working in my house

That sucks. Put on loads of layers (even when you're sleeping). My dad is refusing to put on the heat for more than .3 nanoseconds* each day, so I know what it's like.

Oh and welcome home :D

*slight exaggeration. The cold may be affecting my higher brain functions

• Advertisement

I tidied my room today and played piano for a bit. I think that's about all the productive activities I can remember.

Bah. Gettowork!

Edit: Oh, and welcome home Dec.

That's exactly what I did today too. Spooky. I'm meant to be writing up a report that's due for college on Thursday, but I just keep wandering into stupid threads on the front page and getting distracted. Boo-urns.

ice skating is fun, but sore on my ankles....

With Ibid and europerson gone back to the bogs for the holidays, who am I supposed to freak out at when I have one of my botched romantic engagements?

Plus I'm hungoverish.

Does anyone know what is supposedly so wrong about drinking alcohol while on antibiotics?

With Ibid and europerson gone back to the bogs for the holidays, who am I supposed to freak out at when I have one of my botched romantic engagements?

Us. Tell us everything and we can help/console/laugh inappropriately.
    Does anyone know what is supposedly so wrong about drinking alcohol while on antibiotics?

Nothing at all. Ignore the nay-sayers.

Alcohol can react with some antibiotics to make you throw up (they were thinking of marketing an augmented antibiotic as an anti-alcoholism treatment at one stage). Also some antibiotics (not all) are impaired when you drink. And finally, if you've got an infection (and hence on antibiotics), alcohol will slow down your recovery and thus heighten the chances of you needing to go on a second course of antibiotics.

John wrote:
    Alcohol can react with some antibiotics to make you throw up (they were thinking of marketing an augmented antibiotic as an anti-alcoholism treatment at one stage). Also some antibiotics (not all) are impaired when you drink. And finally, if you've got an infection (and hence on antibiotics), alcohol will slow down your recovery and thus heighten the chances of you needing to go on a second course of antibiotics.
    Well, I didn't throw up. Although I feel like doing so now. To purge or not to purge?

I'm on my second course at the moment (augmentin does nothing! Nothing!) and I was very good and stayed away from the sauce while on the first one. Being in the middle of exams helped too. With so many christmas parties to go to, I was bound to crack eventually.

I think thats it for me and alcohol this christmas.
    Us. Tell us everything and we can help/console/laugh inappropriately.
    Yes, an internet forum is probably the best place to vent my love woes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I think thats it for me and alcohol this christmas.
    Honey, you were telling me the week before last that you and alcohol were "over".

Everyone should read the article in this thread. It's kinda shocking. GG the Guardian.

• Advertisement

Just read that article Pet, that is absolutely sickening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement