Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Yeah, to think that the kids don't have to work to pay for themselves. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I think thats it for me and alcohol this christmas.
    I thought you had stopped drinking to excess too.
    Yes, an internet forum is probably the best place to vent my love woes.
    Go on... you know you want to...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I hate people.

We have a group project due for college tomorrow - all's been going fine up until today, when one of the boys emailed to say his phone wasn't working and that he'd send his stuff to me in a little while. That was about 1pm. Since then, nothing.

I'm meant to be putting this together, so I know there's going to be a fair bit of editing to do. I've emailed him, texted his stupid broken phone and nothing. It's an absolute joke.

God help him when (if?) he eventually sends the stuff because I'm going to brain the little fúcker. I hate people who have no strong work ethic or sense of responsibility to a group that they're part of. I don't like doing college work in a group, but if I have to then I'll always work my ass off at it so I'm never in a position where I have to make excuses to other people for not having work done.

The irony is that I asked the lecturer if I could do the project on my own and he said it would be good for me to work in a group...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Generally, the aim of group work is less the work itself (you should be well able for it), but more about learning how to work in a team.

Of course, working in a team in a company where if someone isn't pulling their weight they get fired is completely different to working in a team in college, where there's always one who doesn't have any kind of work ethic and, even worse, won't hold up their hands and say it, so you delegate something to them, and it doesn't get done.

I have to do some group work as part of my course, and I've been very lucky in that I've gotten into a group that actually cares about getting it done, but I've heard some horror stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Ibid wrote:
    Honey, you were telling me the week before last that you and alcohol were "over".
    Darling, do you have any idea jow many christmas parties I have to go to in order to maintain my family's social status. And people who don't drink at parties - no matter what anybody might try and tell you - are wierd and generally not liked. Plus, I have the brain of a teenage girl, so you can't believe a word that comes out of my mouth.
    europerson wrote:
    I thought you had stopped drinking to excess too.
    Would you turn down a drink from An Tainaiste? I didn't really drink to excess. I blame it all on the antibiotics. I got very giddy very fast. I also had the mother of all hangovers the next day.
    Go on... you know you want to...
    Its true. I do.

stargal wrote:
    I hate people.
    Ah, but we all think you're just great. Give us all another chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Would you turn down a drink from An Tainaiste?

I would ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I'm not surprised.

However, you would be missing the chance to redistribute wealth from a rich barrister/politician who already has everything he needs in life and then some to a college student who is just starting outin life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Would you turn down a drink from An Tainaiste?

Meh. He just wanted to get you drunk in order to take advantage. The raving sex-fiend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Kicked out of house 6 this evening (six of us from DURNS were having wine and mince pies, more correctly about half of us were as not all of us were drinking or like mince pies) and security came up to break up "the party". When I told them that it wasn't a party they said "Well, it's a gathering and there's wine". When I pointed out that all parties are gatherings but not all gatherings are parties he asked for my student card. I told him I've graduated so next time he sees me on campus he's calling the guards for trespassing. Nice guy, full of Christmas cheer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Late night luas ftl.

It left Stephen's Green at 3am. I've never been so squished in my life, not even at the barrier in the pit at ******** 2002. It took ~15 mins at each stop, because people kept getting stuck in the doors, and finally broke down at Charlemont. I got home just now--I actually would have been quicker walking.

Also; boohurns to the aforementioned security guard. Powertripping asshole, with a lame excuse for a beard, too.

I'm rather drunk now, even though you can't tell from my impeccable spelling and grammar.

Edit: ****SAKE why can't I follow the damn rules about that darn concert promoter!!!?

• Advertisement

Pet <3<3

It's too ****ing quiet on this forum these last few days!

John wrote:
    It's too ****ing quiet on this forum these last few days!

QFT. Where is everyone?

I'm here so bored I think I'll go to bed.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm here

/me waves!

Ibid wrote:
    I'm here so bored I think I'll go to bed.

Wait! Don't go! I'll entertain you! Maybe we can even get a conversation going, or inspire a new thread that will blow all the dust off this forum!

/puts on Cabaret outfit and top hat and starts tap-dancing to There's No Business Like Show Business

I like conversations.

Yes. Conversations are nice.

How was your Christmas?

well, my christmas was fun....

• Advertisement

Good, good. Mine wasn't bad either.

Mine was a bit weird. Didn't get that sparkly Christmas feeling.

**** it, I'm off to bed. Conversations suck!

john you suck

at nintendo....

My Christmas was grand. My beloved Godson came up to visit from Cork and is staying in my bottom bunk. He's such a dote, he's taken to calling me Ends like my siblings :). He's 2, and thus has gotten himself into the habit of asking 'Why?' to everything. He's also extremely well-behaved. Usually when he wakes up at home he calls for him mammy and she does her motherly duties. I think he's realised that it wakes me up now, because I found him sitting on his bed today "waiting for mommy" :o.

Seán rocks.

So, conversations?

Aw, Ibid's getting all broody. That's [strike]disturbing[/strike] sweet

Ah kids, they make Christmas what it is: tiring. But brilliant.

tbh i've always wanted to tell a kid that there is no such thing as santa....

i'm evil like that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

You know, I think thats whats lost the christmas spirit for me - its great, and enjoy having my family around....but small kids make christmas, and there aren't any about - and before anyone says a word i'm not getting broody...

edit: possibly why i'm sitting up watching the wicker man - man the remake was ****...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭gymrabbit

the wicker man remake was hilarious!

Christmas is a great time to be a child or completely plastered. NEver a child that's completely plastered however.

The auld conversations with the obscure relations is always made easier by some maniac 3 year old or billybarry esque 7 year old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement