Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I spent seventy euro on a bigass physics book.
    It's the wrong book.
    The shop won't take it back. (Oh despite it being in the plastic cover, and the shop assistant blatently remembered me, oh yah and they wont even give me a credit note)

Somebody hold me.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

well, you know your aren't intitled to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I spent Christmas with my uncle and his kids, it was great. They're noisy and loud, but the excitement is contagious.

Kids ~4 years of age are hilarious, especially when they're in big groups and fighting. They all drew pictures for me too, aww.

Rant: I'm sick, think I have the ****ing 'flu or something. Also, I'm back in halls and it's as quiet as the grave..

well, you know your aren't intitled to one.

oh sorry i thought i was in the rant bitch moan thread, not legal argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Keep the book and be extra nerdy by reading that and the one you're supposed to read. That's what I'd do and that's why I'm king of the jungle.

Speaking of nerdy, I spent €100 on a science book last night, I'm really looking forward to getting it, it's all on the hippocampus, nothing else. Brilliant! (I know this is the rant thread but damnit I feel at home here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

InFront wrote:
    oh sorry i thought i was in the rant bitch moan thread, not legal argument.
    I take it you've misplaced the receipt or else you'd definitely be entitled to return it. What book is it out of interest? I'm sure you could resell it in college or on amazon.co.uk / ebay

University Physics, Young and Freedman. I think I've resigned myself to accepting my stupidty, anyway I'm sure it will still come in useful, physics is physics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭gymrabbit

no you are mistaken, physics is gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I take it you've misplaced the receipt or else you'd definitely be entitled to return it.

'Fraid not! The only thing that's legally solid is repair/replace/refund if there's something wrong. But 'I picked the wrong one' doesn't count here. A lot of stores will offer various solutions (credit note, exchange, full refund etc) as an additional service - to reel in customers, to avoid arguments, to build goodwill - but this is optional.
    What book is it out of interest? I'm sure you could resell it in college or on amazon.co.uk / ebay

That's much more fun. Plus, you can pick up (on ebay) some of the true shlt that gets given as christmas presents and is apparently making its merry way onto ebay as we speak (or type)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭gymrabbit

Of course xeducat is correct but any decent bookstore should offer you the opportunity to exchange the book for something else in the store. If you've lost the receipt I can understand them being difficult about this but I reckon you chance going back and trying to talk to someone a bit more reasonable. Also name and shame the gits. I got 2 books this year I already had as presents and if the store has an issue with me returning them they're getting petrol bombed.

• Advertisement

Lol "gymrabbit", peace and goodwill to all men as usual.

Just back from Collins' county. Have had a good Christmas so far, though I've an assignment or two to do over the Christmas holidays.

Just thrown on a fire in my parents house. Nicccccccccce.

gymrabbit wrote:
    If you've lost the receipt I can understand them being difficult about this but I reckon you chance going back and trying to talk to someone a bit more reasonable. Also name and shame the gits.

No I have the receipt, so it's not that. And I know it wasn;t their fault I picked the wrong book, but I have my suspicions that seventy euro college physics books might be hard to shift. Oh an it was in Hodges and Figgis (and if I get in trouble for naming them it's only because you said to heh!) Another thing is physics is really not even a major part of my course! However since it looks rather impressive on my bookshelf, things arent all bad.

Myth wrote:
    Just back from Collins' county. Have had a good Christmas so far, though I've an assignment or two to do over the Christmas holidays.

Just thrown on a fire in my parents house. Nicccccccccce.
    Collins' country?

I'm back from the land of Tom Crean (who, apparently, I'm related to). Civilisation and public transport ftw; noise, pollution and concrete ftl. Dunno if I can be arsed calling out to Meath, though.

I just blew loads of 21st birthday cash in Dundrum. Oh, Virgin Megastores, you are an evil black hole of spending. Oh, and Bank of Ireland Credit Card Services are a bunch of lying, cocksucking, motherfucking cuntruffles, and I hope someone ejaculates into their eyes as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Pet wrote:
    Collins' country?

Cork, I'm guessing.

InFront wrote:
    No I have the receipt, so it's not that. And I know it wasn;t their fault I picked the wrong book, but I have my suspicions that seventy euro college physics books might be hard to shift. Oh an it was in Hodges and Figgis (and if I get in trouble for naming them it's only because you said to heh!) Another thing is physics is really not even a major part of my course! However since it looks rather impressive on my bookshelf, things arent all bad.

Maybe I'm more pleasant looking than you because H&F always change things for me.

Roro, what did you buy? And what did you think of Velvet Underground?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I can't sleep. As usual. Where's Pet? We could set up a support group for people who can't sleep normal hours :rolleyes:

Can I join? I went to bed last night and spent 2 hours wide awake. Then, just as I was falling asleep, the gales last night knocked over our bin. I would have ignored it only it was put out for the bin collection today and it was lying across the road so up I got and put it back. I went back to bed, started falling asleep again and it happened again. On my third attempt at sleep I heard the bin fall over again so I jump up, put on my shoes and grab my coat and head outside to find that it wasn't our bin this time! At this point I was wide awake and spent another hour playing various versions of solitaire with a pack of dinosaur playing cards that the wonderfully handsome John Guiney (is watching you) gave me.

stargal wrote:
    I can't sleep. As usual. Where's Pet? We could set up a support group for people who can't sleep normal hours :rolleyes:
    Sorry, I was awake when you posted that though.

I couldn't sleep either, my shoulder/neck is really, really sore - dunno wtf happened, but it feels like tendonitis, and it's driving me round the twist. Grr!

John: I bought lots of DVDs and CDs (can't even remember half). Didn't get around to listening to anything yet, cos I'm still unpacking and all that, but I'll let you know when I do. Thanks again, btw.

Pet wrote:
    I bought lots of DVDs and CDs (can't even remember half).

Ah, the best way to shop! I've now got two to listen to piles, daunting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Pet wrote:
    Sorry, I was awake when you posted that though.

I couldn't sleep either, my shoulder/neck is really, really sore - dunno wtf happened, but it feels like tendonitis, and it's driving me round the twist. Grr!

John: I bought lots of DVDs and CDs (can't even remember half). Didn't get around to listening to anything yet, cos I'm still unpacking and all that, but I'll let you know when I do. Thanks again, btw.
    oooooooh, use the cream. Ooooh my sinuses. You just need the skullcap ronan!

Re: the sleep thing: "it's the weather" as me granny used to say, and probably still does from the home. I spend the long nights perusing all manner of vintage razors on ebay, which is starting to make me feel like an anorak or a murderer and I'm not sure which. I'll have to step away from the brink and make a move to railway locomotives or something less odd but equally nerdy, possibly celebrity spotting (think about it, one man's class 121 locomotive is another man's paris lohan spice richie spears) although that'd be a bit, y'know, funny.

Hey, I'm pretty sure I got that injury by headbutting someone in the face. Yeah, I know, I'm double-hard; so don't call me Mort Goldman, bitch.

Other stuff: I'm currently not getting any work done as my obsession with the Simple Life continues unabated, thanks to YouTube. It's sheer comedy gold. Nicole Richie is a legend.

Do you love it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Where abouts: Superquinn.

Well up today when I went to the doctors to be told that I had tracheal bronchitis and should not be in work. Its quite interesting actually, I keep wondering if I'm going to actually manage to cough up one of my lungs.

Apart from that its making me sore and tired and cranky and bitter and bitchy and sarky, demanding, anti-social, unable to sleep and poor company even for people who stalk the internet in the small hours.

And I think that this Christmas was the most ****ing stressful ever. I mean it was just so weird and tense and idfficult, that and I feel asleep at 7.30 at the table due to over tiredness and then there was the crying and the leaving and the blah de blah, though i was asleep for all of it but mmh..Bring on Hilary term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

First time on Boards in ages now, and it seems a bit dead. You can kind of hear the wind whistling through the TCD forum like some sort of ghost town.

I love exaggeration....

And exaggeration loves you back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I shouldnt be allowed talk to people. which is weird for someone who spends most of their time avoiding college and doing social activities JUST to talk to people, but really. I suck at it, i get flustered, I act like an idiot, and two seconds later I want to make it better but I can't.

****. **** **** **** **** ****.

PS, its not as bad as that, but i feel like a completely socially retarded eejit right now, so meh.

John wrote:
    And exaggeration loves you back

It's a tempestuous relationship, but all the better for it.

Don't worry crash, most of the memories will be gone tomorrow morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

that only works if I'm drunk. whereas I'm sober and still managed to do something that even a five year old would look at someone and go "man, he has no social skills" - ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well i'm curious, what u say and to who?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement