Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

crash and social skills are words i never thought i'd see together..

only messing neil!

rant: stargal is right, i would do eva green....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

poor company even for people who stalk the internet in the small hours.
    I think she means me. If it's any consolation, I'm not the best company either.

Crash - bang your head off a (plasterboard!) wall. It helps. Especially if you do it in front of whoever you said something stupid too. They'll think you're a bit weird, but that's better than them thinking you're an idiot with no social skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

&#231 wrote: »
    that only works if I'm drunk. whereas I'm sober and still managed to do something that even a five year old would look at someone and go "man, he has no social skills" - ffs.
    Ha, that doesn't even merit the time spent worrying about it, unless it was at a job interview/funeral. Pick it up man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I think she means me. If it's any consolation, I'm not the best company either.

No that was written before I spoke to you. It was in reference to internet weirdos who IM me and then expect sex, and usually I tell them to shag off very nicely, but now I just yell at them.

And Crash look at where you are, look again at your social skills, or lack there of. A sense of clarity should descend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Lyme disease is ****ing scary ****. God I hate ticks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

quote off dilbert newsletter...
    One of my co-workers (who is originally from Arkansas, just FYI) told me one day that he knew for a fact that sex feels better for women than it does for men. I asked, "How do you figure that?" His reply was (and I am not making this up!), "Because when you put your finger in your ear and wiggle it around, it feels better to your ear than it does to your finger."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

rofflecoptor!
    Pet wrote:
    Lyme disease is ****ing scary ****. God I hate ticks.

I don't think I've ever seen a tick. Do you live near animals?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

John wrote:
    I don't think I've ever seen a tick.
    I've only seen ticks a couple of times. There's something very unsettling about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭gymrabbit

man they're scary little yokes. and you can't just yank them out when they're inside you, you have to be clever/evil about it.

Burn them out

• Advertisement

John wrote:
    rofflecoptor!

I don't think I've ever seen a tick. Do you live near animals?
    They were around in Kerry when i went out hillwalking. Ugh. Vile, disgusting, disease-ridden bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭gymrabbit

came across a few in kerry myself. ****ing **** county.

gymrabbit wrote:
    came across a few in kerry myself. ****ing **** county.
    Hey, it's not that bad. There's not much in the way of facilities or things to do outside the pub, but it's good for swimming/hiking/surfing/snorkelling and such, that's why I like to spend summer there. Although I guess my family is there, so free food/accommodation/lifts everywhere, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

To answer pet's question in the woohoo thread (but I was gonna post it here anyway). I stopped doing my report about 4 hours ago yet I'm still up because of all the coffee and cigarettes I had :mad:

Hahaha. I'm up because this is my sleeping pattern for the past week. But in a hilarious twist of events, I have to get up in about 5 hours for practice with John and the band. Oh joy. (The getting up that is, I have no beef with practice.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 8thor2nd?

The days seem to be really disappearing with regards to holiday time and back in college time. My brother has a couple of weeks to go, stargal seems to have a month left. And I'm wasting it away on the internet. /me cries.

Ah for ****'s sake. I have to be up in five hours to play drums, and I'm tiiiiiired.

Curse this sleeping pattern, and curse the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 8thor2nd?

Yeah I'm going to sleep now. Screw you PET!

Pet wrote:
    Hahaha. I'm up because this is my sleeping pattern for the past week. But in a hilarious twist of events, I have to get up in about 5 hours for practice with John and the band. Oh joy. (The getting up that is, I have no beef with practice.)

He made it up in time and gave a sterling performance, hats off to our Roro!

I only made it up in time because of the ****ing FIRE ALARM THAT WOULDN'T SHUT UP. But thanks.

So, who wants to buy my SE K750i? The joystick is ****ed, but aside from that completely integral part of the phone, it's in great condition..

• Advertisement

How many texts does it hold? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote:
    So, who wants to buy my SE K750i? The joystick is ****ed, but aside from that completely integral part of the phone, it's in great condition..
    That's the thing about sony ericssons. They're fantastic BUT if they have a joystick it inevitably goes to the dogs unreasonably quickly. It's a major major major flaw of them and put me off putting it on the aul christmas list.

Santa Cockburn went ahead and bought me one anyway :rolleyes:

Luckily for me though the w300i has one of those circle buttons instead of a joystick :)

John wrote:
    How many texts does it hold? :D
    Not enough, as I discovered today. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Pet wrote:

A few days ago my 750i completely froze up and now refuses to start up. I'd buy yours if it weren't for the joystick, which btw was not far from ****ed on my one also.

Troglodyte wrote:
    A few days ago my 750i completely froze up and now refuses to start up.
    I thought you were talking about a BMW there for a minute.

Pet wrote:
    Not enough, as I discovered today. :D
    God bless meteor. a gang of us sent 1200 free texts to a mate to try and jam up his 3310. It worked.

Dead Ed wrote:
    I thought you were talking about a BMW there for a minute.

A BMW 750i? God, I wish....

Easy mistake to make though.

If only a BMW dealer made that mistake.

Edit: Does that make sense? I want a BMW 750i is what I'm trying to say and I don't want to pay for it. However ownership should be legitimate and the fooling of a BMW dealer must also occur. Anyone know any of those brain tricks in which you get people to pay you and convince them they've been paid? No? Ok. I wanna get rich fast.

Unlikely he ever will though. And that's the thing about life, isn't it? Really lovely mistakes like that never, ever seem to happen, while the screw-ups that you really don't want do. Like the way that illnesses seem to afflict the nicest people, and the rotten s**ts that you'd wish plague and pestilence upon seem to sail through everything unaffected.

/bizarre rant

• Advertisement

Yeah, Poor saddam!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement