Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

*mumble *grumble generic thesis/f.y.p.r./dissertation hatred

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Dead Ed wrote:
    God bless meteor. a gang of us sent 1200 free texts to a mate to try and jam up his 3310. It worked.

Damn, that makes my efforts today look sucky. I set O2 to send the phrase "I love band practice!" 100-150 times each to Roro, Marc and the infamous John Guiney today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Hmmm, shopping addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

my record is only about 2.5k txts at marcus's phone, poor guy...don't think it worked for days with them still being delivered all the day (back when o2 was 500 free txts per person + o2sms script :) )

Dead Ed wrote:
    Hmmm, shopping addiction.
    Better not be with my credit card again... Ya short-changed me by a fiver last time ya theivin scum. I want a pint on monday! ;):p

Remember who you're dealing with....
    star-of-david.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Is it wrong that i'm only finishing this degree to get a degree?

&#231 wrote: »
    Nope... 5 months vs. 3 and 1/2 years. I'd do the same. Any degree will open a lot of doors for you to do whateverthehell you want.

Edit: Oops, I forgot crash wasnt in final year... Nevermind the above. Anywhooooo la dee da dee da *whistles

Oh crap I better get back to my report!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Nope... 5 months vs. 3 and 1/2 years. I'd do the same. Any degree will open a lot of doors for you to do whateverthehell you want.
    i assume he has a year and 5 months.... if its any concilation lots of people i know with degree's are all in the same position.....

&#231 wrote: »

You wouldn't be the first and at least you'll have a qualification to go off and do what you like after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Better not be with my credit card again... Ya short-changed me by a fiver last time ya theivin scum. I want a pint on monday! ;):p

Remember who you're dealing with....
    star-of-david.gif
    Oh, realised that yeserday from lookin' at the paypal thing. Ended up buying another vintage razor with me laser card and I have no idea why. Must be some sort of acquisition disorder.

Re: the flag, oooh, I'm so afraid of "international finance". What are they going to do? Throw their eyedrops at me? Make a deadbeat comedy where the loser (a successful lawyer, unlucky in matters of the heart) wins over the chick in human resources through self indulgent misery masquerading as a pathetic flicker or notion of wit. They never show what happens years down the line when he readjusts to the normal state and declares everything Teeeerrrrrriiiiblle again and rots under his own crippling, self indulgent misery and all of the above to a soundtrack of crappy new York accordion music. Possibly in black and white. (shit that would get to me! Damn annoyance-o-meter) GRRRRRR.

• Advertisement

Rant: thickest bit of my beard has descended into gingeritis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

But... you have black hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Its how it works - I get the ginger every now and then.

But... that makes no sense. Why ginger? You both have dark hair.

/head implodes

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dave3x

Dormant ginger genes come through in facial hair. Can't remember why, but it's explained in The Ginger Kid's Survival Book which is rather hilarious.

Nothin wrong with a bit o ginger! Adds character, pizazz, oomph and a little bit of va-va-voom...

Don't see me moaning about the black hairs in my beard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Myth wrote:
    Rant: thickest bit of my beard has descended into gingeritis.

You're complaining about a bit of ginger? How about having dark blond hair, but with completely ginger facial hair? I tried growing a beard last summer and I looked odd. Very, very odd. I then shaved it off enough to leave what may be termed "designer stubble", kind of like that guy off Miami Vice. Which made me look like a homeless drug dealer. Facial hair and me do not go well together.

I've loads of ginger in my beard. Doesn't bother me, it adds a bit of spice as Dec says. By the way, the beard is making a comeback :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Troglodyte wrote:
    Facial hair and me do not go well together.
    I can't imagine you with facial hair, strangely. If I let my beard grow long enough, I too bask in the delight of a certain gingerness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I have a sore throat. It's one of those ones that makes one's head sore and almost sore all over. This could only happen during the fortnight when I have two assignments due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I have blonde facial hair. It looks ridiculous. Stupid genes. Nobody in my family has ever grown a beard because it looks so silly. That's one means of disguise gone out the window (unless I wanna dye it, but come on, the maintenance!).

Boys are hilarious. I never knew you had to go through this whole strange-coloured-facial-hair malarky.

Don't laugh yet, when you're old a wrinkly you'll go through the same trials and tribulations.

Nah, I'll just go grey, and if my parents and older sisters are anything to go by it won't happen for a good while yet.

/resumes laughing/being intrigued by the gingerness

You're time will come! Mark my words!

Never! There's no way that my over-confidence and foolhardiness on this issue could ever possibly backfire on me. Nope, no possible way.

/sits back and waits for imminent arrival of ginger beard

no doubt one will sprout instantaneously with a small popping sound

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Ow! I have what seems to be a tooth deciding to grow under my gum. Either that or the indent in my gum (rub your tongue along your gum above your teeth, you have them too!) has become so swollen it genuinely feels like a tooth is emerging. And I wonder how the **** that happened.

I pity babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Maybe it's a wisdom tooth? They're useless curses, all they do is cause you pain, suffering and expense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Where exactly in the mouth is this swollen area? Is it hard or soft?
    You can check to see if it's a tooth by using a spoon and listening out for a clink, that's how mothers see when their kids are teething before the tooth erupts. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement