Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Touché.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Pet wrote:
    Touché.

Not really. It's depressingly shallow if you think about it.

stargal wrote:

Don't knock it - it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I hate general relativity and I'm not going to the stupid lectures today because it's far too cold out there

so there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

stargal wrote:
    Unlike his massive, perfectly sculpted chest.

• Advertisement

On a rant...

Spent the best part of a day trying to find some way (yes, legal or otherwise) of getting the software that I can use for the data for my FYP, which oddly enough Trinity doesn't have. Have downloaded an evaluation copy of a competitor's software which I hope will work, but it means that I can only use it for 20 days.

Still, I suppose I'll have to get everything I can in this part done in the next 20 days.

Unlike his massive, perfectly sculpted chest.
    stargal wrote:

/drools on keyboard.

Wow. I never knew I could be so shallow.
    bluewolf wrote:
    I'm not going to the stupid lectures today because it's far too cold out there

QFT. My dad is fighting da powah by refusing to put the heat on for a second more than he deems necessary, so I'm currently wearing 5 tops (looking rather attractive too) and still freezing. It's like living in Rubrics all over again. I'm just waiting for the feel-like-you're-about-to-cough-up-a-lung cough to start. That'll show him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Went to my car this morning to find the tyres were slashed. Bill for new tyres - 140 euro.

My hatred for scumbags has transcended its previous level and has now moved onto a whole new plane of detestation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

^^^ That's bad, all right.

Mine's a lot more tame: static electricity on the handrails of the staircases in the Lecky Library. My hand is still twitching from half an hour ago. I got a really bad jolt.

That sucks Troglodyte. Horrible thing to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Pffft... I'll get over it. I'm just peeved that I had to fork out 33 pints worth of cash for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Possibly the worst fucking week ever :mad:.

How come?

My ****ing. laptop hinges broke and I think it's going to cost me €220 to ****ing fix it. I don't think I have that money to spare, especially with books for new courses and a J1. I realised at 10pm last Sunday night that the project I was finishing for Monday was 4000 words, not 1500. Lack of sleep ensued and thus I wasn't up at 6am for work. This means work is backlogged to the rest of the week. ****ing weird eye infection is a bollix of a thing. It hurts whenever I blink and I blink a lot. And now it's scabbing, yay. Great ****ing fun. I was looking forward to a LAN in my brother's house on Saturday and paintball on Sunday all week after that ****ing project. Now I have no computer to use. And paintball money goes on repairing computer. ****. I photocopied a case study for the other member of me and Mattie's presentation team. She's gone to Boston for the rest of the year, bollix. And I have a 1500 word essay (the one I confused the aforementioned project on) to start tomorrow. It's due on Friday. And I've no laptop which means all the notes and journal articles I'd collated are gone. And no laptop means I have to type it on college computers. And most of the books are not LEN, which means trips from library to a queue for Beckett one for all of tomorrow. Whoop di ****ing doo. On top of three hours backdated library work. And then three more on Friday. And then coming in on Saturday to finish the working week. And these are only some of this worst week ever. This is excluding things like not having change for the last bus last night and not remembering train times changed on Monday and getting a paper-cut on my finger while shelving (which makes my job bloody painful).

BAH.

I'm off to make noise with my Strat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

All the recent talk of Daniel Craig and his rock-hard body parts has put me in the mood for action (not that sort of action. You filthy perv).

I propose to do the following to help:

1)Library work.
    I can help you shelve. Don't evAr dis me like you did today. I've been shelving for quite some time now. The chances of me making the education section any more of a mess than it already is are pretty slim. I'm good. Very good.

2)Econometrics essay
    I've got snot loads of notes. If you want I can go through it with you and help you formulate an essay plan from whence you can see if any of my notes are of value. Mr. Person can help on this front.

3)Cattie's downtime
    Don't use the Beckett. The 24hr is rarely packed. Muchos/über/très better.

4)Gicky eye thing
    I'll tell you every day how beautiful you are. I'll justify this by referring to your pleasant looking neck, or stunning buttocks. Anything that takes attention from the right eye. RE: The pain, I can hook you up with my dealer (i.e. me) for some 'alternative' pain relief.

5)Paper cut
    Can't help. I've bled over half the books in DIT. Just as well I don't have any 'bad AIDS'.

6)Destruction of weekend festivities
    I'm thinking of having some films, some beers, and some friends over on Friday for a good old-fasioned, out-and-out lounge session. I suppose I could let you come along so long as you promise not get pleb on my ivory walls. All free of charge, of course.

Good choice of stress relief, by the way.

Ibid - i've done my essay so feel free to use my notes (I think i photocopied the entire berkely basement).

Also, if you want you can grab my laptop tomorrow afternoon.

I also won't tell you how beautiful you are....

Cheers lads. After a rather improvised version of pretty much the entirety of Pass the Flask by The Bled adequately removed Der Angst.

I might take the offer of the notes up, but I think I know what I'm going to write, I think. I just have to type and reference and quote and all that sh*te.

I'll speak equally highly of your buttocks, Mr. Curious. I wouldn't have you put yourself down like that, _psycho. There's no need for me to rub it in.

Oh and I have to buy a 21st birthday present for an old school friend for Friday. Bleh. Hopefully the wife will come good as ever. 21st FTL.

Goodnight.

Yup, thought it might get worse.

My phone broke this morning. I didn't drop it, or bang it, or spill oil on it, it just broke.

I've a couple of phones if you want one..

I have an old one at home, but ffs what's next?

I'm waiting to be knocked down or something at this rate.

• Advertisement

Just be glad that you don't have any interviews today!

Rant: Cycled home from Trinity last night. Nothing wrong with that except that after a few metres I noticed there was something up with the back wheel. After closer examination at home, something very heavy had been placed on one part of my back wheel, so it was bent quite dramatically (I'm assuming a can/van drove over it - it was at the Museum Building) which meant that it took a long time (and the yoke was wobbling all over the place too).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Rather than reply individually to all these problems, let's have a group-hug...

15392946.lemer21J.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Aww. bi.curious is definitely a keeper, Ibid.

My rant: SOOOOO hungover. This is all Dec's fault.

Also, Goldsmith couches are as bad, if not worse than Halls couches for sleeping on. First thought upon waking up: "...my spine. ow."

I assume your gig was good then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I got my mum to drop me into donnybrook this morning on her way to work so I could get a chance to talk to her. Got out of the car waved goodbye, and looked in my bag, no wallet. So i walked home which takes about 20 minutes/half an hour, and got there at 10 past 9, y which stage i had well and truly missed my lecture, and i only have one lecture on a Thursday. Might as well have stayed in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Ack. I have Chapter One of my dissertation due in tomorrow, it's only half done and I'm hitting a big intellectual brick wall. I also have work in an hour and lots of other stuff to do. And, Mymail appears to be spannered. Sigh. Put on a pot of coffee Marge, this is going to be a long night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

skip work.

My little sister is the Mater for a couple of days with a knee injury and some junkie keeps hassling her and touching her stuff :mad: :mad: :mad:

She just rang me now cos she's a bit worried about it. I hate not being able to do anything about it.

/kicks stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

tell her to tell the security guard. he might do something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement