Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Or kill the junkie, no one would know.

Myth wrote:
    I assume your gig was good then?

If I may answer for Roro, it was deadly. Dec, Ed and their friends turned up which was a nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote:
    Also, Goldsmith couches are as bad, if not worse than Halls couches for sleeping on. First thought upon waking up: "...my spine. ow."
    I'll drag an airbed in soon dude...
    At least you weren't drinking whiskey though. Jayzus, I was late for a 4 o-clock tutorial.
    John wrote:
    If I may answer for Roro, it was deadly. Dec, Ed and their friends turned up which was a nice surprise.
    Aye twas quite good. That first band was atrocious, second was very listenable. Good coverband. You lads just blew it away though. Just so different, and that second song especially was amazing. Liked the exit too...

Those other heads consisted of my flat-mate and a couple of other yanks he brought along. Good to see kev there too, haven't seen him in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

yeah kev is sound.

good gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I'm not liking the imposition of the new security camera on the south-west corner of the GMB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

which direction is it pointing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

It's one of those cameras monted in a sort of a black hemisphere, like the one that's on the Berkeley. They can be moved around, so this one should be able to take in Library Square, Parliament Square, the Dining Hall, and down between the Dining Hall and the GMB into Botany Bay.

Interweb seems dead slow here all day in goldsmith. Like feckin dialup!

Drop down to the 24 hour reading room and join me dec :D

Ugh wud, but I'm only writin emails at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Bitches is all crazy here in House 87...I don't know what was happening next door, but it involved lots and lots of screaming. And you know what? I don't care either. Shut up!

I have an exam in....13 hours. joy.

Pet wrote:
    Bitches is all crazy here in House 87...I don't know what was happening next door, but it involved lots and lots of screaming. And you know what? I don't care either. Shut up!

Record it for use on a FoT track

Long day Roro no function caffeine well without. :mad:

flask?

flask?
    hip?

They both could work.

I got a cool little hip flask in a christmas cracker at christmas just gone.

O2.ie is down again (or at least the webtext service is).

On the plus side though, I sent in a bitchy e-mail to their customer services. Yippee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Having a bad day with my dissertation proposal, which up to now was going well. Bleurgh.

Complete writeoff of a day. Total study count = 0. Fucksticles.

On another note, this topic has gone on so long that it should be renamed "Days Of Our Thread".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I'm quite ill (mostly from the chest infection, though the wanton boozing of the past week hasn't helped). Which means both no lectures and no study. So I'm sitting here under a rug waiting for someone to upload the new Veronica Mars episode onto YouTube so I can at least distract myself from the gnawing reminders of Schols for another hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I remember lying down in the GMB four hours ago, and still being there about ten minutes ago, but the intervening period? Surely I'd didn't sleep that long...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

You did appear to be doozing.

My eyes feel like they're bleeding, which matches the pain in my ears from listening to yesterday's debates. And I'm missing an certain overly conifdent first year being torn to quite possibly literal shreds in UCD atm. Damn Schols.

And I'm reading an old world's blog to distract me. I needs me some debator free distraction. But its election time in the SU so everywhere is hacky. Bluegh. Maybe the library is safest.

I went on a wander this afternoon to find the department of early printed books. It nearly restored my belief in education. nearly. What with the long wineding corridors and the drop in temperature and the fact that once i went through the first fire door I didn't see another person till I got to the old reading room, having climbeb the four-ish stories of spiral staircase, to find the oldest librarians and lecturers in college, looking at yellow paper with magnifying glasses. It was so cool and exciting and a little bit magical. And then I left and wandered along to the GMB to go online. Which was less magical, and more disheartening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Ibid wrote:
    I remember lying down in the GMB four hours ago, and still being there about ten minutes ago, but the intervening period? Surely I'd didn't sleep that long...
    I sat down beside you for quite a while after coming back from St. James'. I was tempted to steal your bag, but I figured you'd been damaged enough for one day.

Much love to all studying/trying desperately to study for schols. Learn to live in the library. Become one with BLU and enter a state of complete U4ia.

Stupid semesterised exams. *goes to sleep*

my entire week is thrown off. for instance, Tuesday began monday at 4pm, until the next day at 4pm. Wednesday then stretched from 4pm til 11.30.

in essence, my days are now categorised by study and exam.

Stupid sleep schedule. Did nothing today or yesterday, and I won't sleep til about 6am, so I'll get nothing done tomorrow either. 3 days, wasted.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

*mashing of keyboard with fists*

I'm really annoyed with myself right now.

Do some work now.

Oh and did you get my email about the podcast...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I noticed that a fire alarm in hamilton has a profound effect on people
    lol.

I still hate gen rel guy, grr.

• Advertisement

Another fire alarm? That's been a few over the past week.

Anyways, my rant is that I missed my first lecture of the term today by sleeping in. Whoopsie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement