Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I was attacked today by a half-caveman, half-engineer today in the Lecky. He came over and pushed his breasts into my chest. I ran away, fearing it was mating season.

His name-tag said "Dónal McCormack". If you have any idea who this man is, do not approach him; he has arms and may be dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

We lost our badminton match 5-3 this evening :mad:

Oh and I have some kind of growth which is covering 3/5 of my face and seems to be spreading. My sisters have told me it's a 'spot' but it's more like some kind of advancing tumour which is trying to take over my face. At this rate it may just succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

speaking of badminton, why were there people outside the physio building playing frisbee way too seriously on tuesday
    i mean, throw the thing, stop dancing around the grass...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

stargal wrote:
    We lost our badminton match 5-3 this evening :mad:

Oh and I have some kind of growth which is covering 3/5 of my face and seems to be spreading. My sisters have told me it's a 'spot' but it's more like some kind of advancing tumour which is trying to take over my face. At this rate it may just succeed.
    IT BE THE POX!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Heh. Tea tree oil is your friend.
    Oh and did you get my email about the podcast...

I did, but didn't get to check it out yet, because interwebz is all crazy in Halls still.
    His name-tag said "Dónal McCormack". If you have any idea who this man is, do not approach him; he has arms and may be dangerous.

I was ready for him yesterday. He thought he'd get me drive-by style (or cycle-by, as was the case), but he didn't. I saw him. I said hello.

EAT THAT, BITCH.

• Advertisement

Pet wrote:
    I was ready for him yesterday. He thought he'd get me drive-by style (or cycle-by, as was the case), but he didn't. I saw him. I said hello.

EAT THAT, BITCH.

Meh, I saw you too. I'll get you next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

bluewolf wrote:
    speaking of badminton, why were there people outside the physio building playing frisbee way too seriously on tuesday
    i mean, throw the thing, stop dancing around the grass...
    ultimate frisbee? tis a sport...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

'Tis indeed. The best of all sports (in my slightly biased opinion).

Topic: Still doped up. Still no study done. Still alternating between message boards and TV because I'm incapable of focusing on anything for longer than 5 minutes right now. But hey, at least there isn't a tumour eating my face.

shay_562 wrote:
    Still doped up. Still no study done. Still alternating between message boards and TV because I'm incapable of focusing on anything for longer than 5 minutes right now. But hey, at least there isn't a tumour eating my face.

I'm being looked down upon by a Bess Boy. I've reached new depths.

/reaches for the tea-tree oil.

Meh, it's not as bad as I thought it was last night.

Rant/bitch/moan: Pity the thread about the acting degree was closed. It was really interesting, aside from a few comments towards the end which just got stupid.

From where I'm sitting, Ibid and b.ie have been looking down on you for quite some time. :) And for what it's worth, that was meant as sympathetic, not bitchy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

shay_562 wrote:
    And for what it's worth, that was meant as sympathetic, not bitchy.

Sympathy? Possibly?

Its reading week next week so you'll have loads of time to get it together next week.

Reopen the BAS course thread.

Ban Sparks and Ibid if they start at it again if you must but that thread should be kept open

shay_562 wrote:
    From where I'm sitting, Ibid and b.ie have been looking down on you for quite some time. :) And for what it's worth, that was meant as sympathetic, not bitchy.

That's ridiculously insulting shay, whatever way you mean it.

Reopen the BAS course thread.

Ban Sparks and Ibid if they start at it again if you must but that thread should be kept open

I don't think it's right to lump Ibid in with Sparks there. Sparks had called Ibid a 'capitalist pig-dog' on one thread and then started posting on the BAS thread seemingly with the sole intention of contradicting everything Ibid said (and calling him a pig-dog again). I don't know the guy so I don't know if there's something personal going on there between them but from an objective point of view, Ibid seemed to be defending himself and didn't do anything ban-worthy (aside from making the thread slightly less interesting by spending so much time replying to Sparks' posts).

stargal wrote:
    We are tall, manly men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

wouldn't a pig-dog be a strange and wonderful hybrid.

Really? Ridiculously insulting? I was aiming for "light-hearted jest", but if "ridiculously insulting" was where I ended up, then I'm sorry.
    Its reading week next week so you'll have loads of time to get it together next week.

That's the plan! (at least til Friday, when it's Galway ho!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

shay_562 wrote:

That's the plan! (at least til Friday, when it's Galway ho!)

*shakes head*

Oh I don't think I can go. I might (as in I hope I have to) go to a training weekend from 23rd-25 so I can't waste anymore time.

UCD next year, then Cork, Galway and Limerick. We're bound to break somewhere.

Yeah, I know, you can shake your head disapprovingly at me when I'm tired and hungover on Monday of week 6. And no worries - hope you do end up having to do a training weekend! And we've got another 2 years after this, there'll be other Galways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

shay_562 wrote:
    I can assure you that I have nothing but fondness in my heart when it comes to Ms. Gal
    ibid wrote:
    We are tall, manly men.
    I'm tall. You're manly. Although, I am shockingly hairy.
    stargal wrote:
    I don't think it's right to lump Ibid in with Sparks there. Sparks had called Ibid a 'capitalist pig-dog' on one thread and then started posting on the BAS thread seemingly with the sole intention of contradicting everything Ibid said (and calling him a pig-dog again). I don't know the guy so I don't know if there's something personal going on there between them but from an objective point of view, Ibid seemed to be defending himself and didn't do anything ban-worthy (aside from making the thread slightly less interesting by spending so much time replying to Sparks' posts).
    But banning ibid would be fun because he'd actually get upset about it.
    Pity the thread about the acting degree was closed.
    I'm convinced we were only about five posts away from actually organising ourselves to do something. The moment has past. Ah, well.

• Advertisement

I'm convinced we were only about five posts away from actually organising ourselves to do something. The moment has past. Ah, well.

It has been re-opened already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Myth wrote:
    It has been re-opened already.
    I repeat: The moment has past.

I can assure you that I have nothing but fondness in my heart when it comes to Ms. Gal

Thanks Mr. Curious. Yet again, you've restored my faith in BESS men.
    I'm convinced we were only about five posts away from actually organising ourselves to do something. The moment has passed. Ah, well.

The momentum may have gone a bit but something can still be done.

stargal wrote:
    That's exactly how I see it. I made my points, he retorted his in a provocative manner, I defended. It's nothing personal, at least not from my side. I don't think I've ever met him.

I do think crash was a bit obtuse in his criticism. But as it's not personal, and as I've no intention of "sniping" anyone, I don't really mind - crash was trying to stop a the thread from derailing and he's succeeded in that. Whether the tenacity in his tone (threatening to permanently ban me) was over the top and will thus pyrrhically kill the thread, only time will tell.

Ibid wrote:
    I do think crash was a bit obtuse in his criticism... Whether the tenacity in his tone (threatening to permanently ban me) was over the top and will thus pyrrhically kill the thread, only time will tell.

Hold your horses there Ibid, that's a tad melodramatic (and also quite contrary - on the one hand you're saying that you understand why crash said what he did but you also take a subtle jab at him, which is a bit uncalled for. You bad boy, you).

I don't think that crash threatening to ban you and Sparks for taking the thread on a bit of a detour will kill it; the fact that people weren't able to post on it for a day is far more likely to be a factor in why there's been no new posts for a while.

/plays devil's advocate

stargal wrote:
    Hold your horses there Ibid, that's a tad melodramatic (and also quite contrary - on the one hand you're saying that you understand why crash said what he did but you also take a subtle jab at him, which is a bit uncalled for. You bad boy, you).
    You picked me up wrong :). There's no contradiction. I understand why he intervened, I just think he directed it at the wrong person. As I said, it's no skin off my nose, I'm not bothered by it, the topic in-hand is far more important. Let's just say I won't be taking it to Feedback :D.
    I don't think that crash threatening to ban you and Sparks for taking the thread on a bit of a detour will kill it; the fact that people weren't able to post on it for a day is far more likely to be a factor in why there's been no new posts for a while.
    Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Any more posts relating to moderating decisions will be deleted. as will my post on that thread now that I can be sure both of you have read it.

&#231 wrote: »
    Any more posts relating to moderating decisions will be deleted. as will my post on that thread now that I can be sure both of you have read it.
    The modding decisions on this forum are excellent.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've made some good moderating decisions recently

• Advertisement

John wrote:
    I've made some good moderating decisions recently
    I've decided to go for a B.A. (Mod) in Economics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement