Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Dead Ed wrote:
    how about food first?!
    plaster on a gunshot wound dude. Plus it'd only make people dependent on handouts. <hippy> if people are given the opportunity to build a new educated and economically successful society on their own, it will be worth a million trucks of maize</hippy>

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

uh ? odd, my research proposal was some major pile of crap about what i intend on doing with their money for 3 years, lots of vagueness
    I can do vague, I just cant do 250 words of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

bluewolf wrote:
    I can do vague, I just cant do 250 words of it...
    aye well my sln of that was do some vauge, pass to potential supervisor at the time to add more vague/buzz words, he passed to someone else and they added more vague buzz words, and boom i'd a phd proposal! ;)

aye well my sln of that was do some vauge, pass to potential supervisor at the time to add more vague/buzz words, he passed to someone else and they added more vague buzz words, and boom i'd a phd proposal! ;)
    Well it's not like I've to do a project prop thingy, there's one of those already,
    and my guy fobbed me off with "its just a formality dont really worry about it" =/
    *sigh*
    I shall get it in today if it kills me, deadline is wednesday ...

argh they want all my undergrad results
    *dies*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I had lunch in the Dining Hall, and, along with my sandwich, I got what appeared to be chocolate mousse. However, when I delved into said mousse, I found it to contain pineapple. Yuck.

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote:
    I shall get it in today if it kills me, deadline is wednesday ...
    I just gave up on that whole thing a few days ago. Much happier now. It required choosing something way too early for my liking. Just wanna focus on the finals now, not life decisions. Get the mark and then see what I can do with it.

Some bint in the Ussher won't stop coughing and Awayindahills is 'whispering'

This is why I don't study in the library anymore...

Some bint in the Ussher won't stop coughing and Awayindahills is 'whispering'

This is why I don't study in the library anymore...
    Yeah, that cough was echoing over towards me too. Awayindahils is hyper today, but that's a good thing, I suppose.

europerson wrote:
    Awayindahils is hyper today, but that's a good thing, I suppose.

I think hyper is too mellow a word for the Awayindahils today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I heart reading conversations about me. Was this when I was doubled over laughing?

• Advertisement

Yep, and then ran away.

No that was that other time.

Quite.

[Grrr]
    Happy couples on St. Valentine's Day. I've just walked up Grafton Street, and they're everywhere, and I'm lonely. I'm happy for them: really, I am.
    [/Grrr]

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I just gave up on that whole thing a few days ago. Much happier now. It required choosing something way too early for my liking. Just wanna focus on the finals now, not life decisions. Get the mark and then see what I can do with it.
    Too early? Meh I've been wanting to do a phd forever and ever...
    just was lazy about where to go but its in! and done! :D

europerson wrote:
    [Grrr]
    Happy couples on St. Valentine's Day. I've just walked up Grafton Street, and they're everywhere, and I'm lonely. I'm happy for them: really, I am.
    [/Grrr]

Q Bar - guarenteed some action

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Also guaranteed some herpes, with an added 67% chance of being thrown through glass.

In hearty agreement with europerson's grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Also guaranteed some herpes, with an added 67% chance of being thrown through glass.
    You misunderstood shay, that wasn't a comment by O_P, it was an offer :D

I think I'm goign to be ill. Ugh I feel soo unwell.

And mystery valentine boy (I'm hoping its a boy) didn't email me back.

VD Cack.

Ah, Q-Bar. My least favourite place in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

europerson wrote:
    Remember that Sunday night in Q-Bar? Roffle.

I'm sick. I hate having a temperature >38 degrees. Missing the football game I organised right now, after my girlfriend bought me a football (among other things) for Valentine's because I was looking forward to it so much :(.

And I have an economics debate to attend tonight but I'm sick so I can't get hammered on free wine and make economics jokes with Shane Ross and George Lee again :(. Why did the chicken cross the road? Market forces. That will just be a normal economics joke tonight, not a rolling-around-the-floor laughing with fellow nerds joke :(.

Ah well. I bought 74 75 by Connells earlier, that brings me back to happier days. I think I preferred the '90s.

Ibid wrote:
    I bought 74 75 by Connells earlier, that brings me back to happier days. I think I preferred the '90s.
    It reminds me of Pizza Hut every time I hear that now.

europerson wrote:

Don't knock it!

Back in my YFS days, I was quite the regular! Many a happy night originated from QBar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Don't knock it!

Back in my YFS days, I was quite the regular! Many a happy night originated from QBar!

Ahhh, so THAT'S why you're called the original psycho....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Hmm, plagiarism misunderstanding cluster**** on an assignment. This will be fun to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Pet wrote:
    Hmm, plagiarism misunderstanding cluster**** on an assignment.

What does that mean?

Just found out I didn't get something I'd applied for in college. I'm very blue :(

Why are guys such tools?

I mean FFS, I know you're missing an X chromosome but really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Boys > girls

Because they're better than us?

boy>girls

Surely it should be

boy<girls

or better yet girls>boys

• Advertisement

or better yet girls>boys
    The "greater than" sign usually refers to quantity or size. So you're kinda saying girls are larger or bigger than boys there.
    Why are guys such tools?
    We aren't really, no more than women that is.
    I mean FFS, I know you're missing an X chromosome but really.
    Aye but the X-chromosome we do have (hence the dominant one) is from our mothers. Go any further to explaining it?

Probably not...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement