Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Ah jayzus ian... quit chopping logic to make your original argument sit. After studying it though you'd still have a fair idea of what you're getting into.
    Ye'd know its getting near exam time, lil cranky are we?

studying through what? she possibly has never gone near QFT before this course, she didn't do TP in tcd.......
    These "maths" subjects could also be called physics and ya know it too.
    My point was is that they are lectured by the maths department so differ to whatever content is taught by physics. I don't know harder/easier all i know is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I ****ing HATE ARCGIS. STUPID PIECE OF **** FROZE AND LOST 2 HOURS OF WORK.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

The bureaucracy at University of Warwick (at least within the politics department) makes my eyes bleed. The worst thing about it is that I'm sure they have a rule stating how and when such bleeding should occur. It's really weird considering how friendly and student friendly the library here is. It's like some sort of backwards Trinity.

I used think the ladies of House 5 and the BESS office had a thing for rules against students, but this place makes them seem like pinnacles of student friendliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Hmmm, I think my lab equipment is haunted. Either that or it's a full moon.

I used think the ladies of House 5 and the BESS office had a thing for rules against students, but this place makes them seem like pinnacles of student friendliness.

The ladies of House 5 are certainly less than welcoming, but I can't blame the BESS office for being unfriendly. If I had to deal with BESS students every day, I can't say I'd provide service with a smile. More like service with a slap and/or a punch.

And now, to run for the 14a.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

RIP '608'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

lol

*shakes head*

What a ****ty day.

ARRR, me mast be torn down by the wind and now I be stuck in open seas (translation: blown over I nearly was)

i smell. stupid CELL blades keeping room at a toasty 30 degrees...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

This place has been very quiet since the election.

/watches the tumbleweed

Hrm. To be fair, this place has been very quiet all year compared to previous years.

Perhaps this is a discussion for another thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Do you think it's that serious? I'm not sure; I think it's been pretty active this year and there've been loads of new posters which is good. However there are definite troughs when there are hardly any posts for a day or two. So maybe you have a point...

stargal wrote:
    Do you think it's that serious? I'm not sure; I think it's been pretty active this year and there've been loads of new posters which is good. However there are definite troughs when there are hardly any posts for a day or two. So maybe you have a point...

I think it got a bit cliquey, which is apparently intimidating for new people. If we leave it fallow for a while, we'll get some fresh meat in.

My rant: ****ing laptop backlight decided to crap out yesterday, just when I need it most. GRRR. I'm too busy to fix it at the moment too. Anyone know where I could borrow an external monitor for a few weeks?

i don't think its cliquey, its alot of the people who used to do alot of the posting are either in final year or have graduated and just don't post much any more , e.g. Apex, Ed, Indy, me, stargal, ace rimmer(still posts but count is down from his hay day),andrew, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Perhaps this is a discussion for another thread?
    Do you think it's that serious?

...there's something oddly doom-laden about that exchange. Which other thread would you take it too? And why would it need to be serious? Or am I missing the point entirely? (which, given the currently level of brain-melt, is likely)

Bear in mind that it's coming up to exam time again, in particular for a few of the second-year posters (myself and Hils, for example) which probably isn't helping the post count. And don't most of the 4th years have dissertation-type crap being handed in right about now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

Pet wrote:
    I think it got a bit cliquey, which is apparently intimidating for new people. If we leave it fallow for a while, we'll get some fresh meat in.

My rant: ****ing laptop backlight decided to crap out yesterday, just when I need it most. GRRR. I'm too busy to fix it at the moment too. Anyone know where I could borrow an external monitor for a few weeks?

same thing happened to guiney and we got a crt out of zoology department that was going spare. i'm sure there are plenty around if u go looking

CRT? Come see me. There's a few gettin dumped down my way.

Dead Ed wrote:
    CRT? Come see me. There's a few gettin dumped down my way.

I'll take you up on that. My eyes are too healthy anyway, they could use a bit of radiation.

the ones underneath the stairs in the sami nasr are gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

i don't think its cliquey, its alot of the people who used to do alot of the posting are either in final year or have graduated and just don't post much any more , e.g. Apex, Ed, Indy, me, stargal, ace rimmer(still posts but count is down from his hay day),andrew, etc...
    I have to admit I do think it is a bit cliquey. Maybe not deliberately so but there is at least an impression of it. A lot to do with a lack of knowledge the forum's existence. Not a difficult thing to change.

You're definitely right about a lot of the posters though Nietzs. I know myself, I'm tryin to remove as much distractions as possible, the theory being this would lead me to spend more time in the library.

Moan: I shan't be banning pet coming a week or two's time while he's sitting exams, due to the fact he's cut his ethernet cable in his room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Moan: I shan't be banning pet coming a week or two's time while he's sitting exams, due to the fact he's cut his ethernet cable in his room.

Ah you may get to compensate and ban me.

Ah you may get to compensate and ban me.
    Fair enough... (*cracks knuckles) I'll decide soon whether you deserve it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

How the **** did he cut the cable?

John wrote:
    How the **** did he cut the cable?
    I'm not going to test this theory... but if I was to try it, I'd use a scissors.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

But I mean how did he end up doing that? Silly roro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 basscon

Argh anyone else interviewed for the jcr? 20 or so smug little idiots trying to make themselves look good by intimidating whatever fool thought it might be a nice place to work in. Sorry but it's such a ridiculous situation and the last thing you;d expect in an interview, more like that crazy hazing stuff, it like only a bloody cafe. Do they have a reputation for that kind of behaviour? /end rant

john - i think he did it on purpose

basscon - that's ****ing bent. i think the jcr ppl are a cliquey little bunch of ...... who think they're a whole lot more funny then they actually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

basscon wrote:
    Do they have a reputation for that kind of behaviour?
    They don't have any good reputation, anyway.

• Advertisement

basscon wrote:
    Argh anyone else interviewed for the jcr? 20 or so smug little idiots trying to make themselves look good by intimidating whatever fool thought it might be a nice place to work in. Sorry but it's such a ridiculous situation and the last thing you;d expect in an interview, more like that crazy hazing stuff, it like only a bloody cafe. Do they have a reputation for that kind of behaviour? /end rant
    I dunno. when your position on the food chain is similar to that of plankton you'd probably start trying to make yourself look bigger than the other fish so a whale doesn't eat you. I believe these are the tactics deployed by the festering morsels of anal leakage that "work" in that turgid little black hole of humanity. Let's face it, they're not interviewing you to see how hard a worker you are, because no work gets done there, as when you have the audacity to ask for a sandwich, they appear to take it as a huge insult. I think the post natal abortion should be employed in these cases, purely to give the human race a chance of survival.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement