Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 basscon

:) Sweet I was a little worried about being flamed for complaining about those muppets. Hoping I get the job now so I can tell them where to shove it. It was one of those situations where you're not expecting abuse so when it happens you're too shocked to come back with anything, damnit spent all day yesterday coming up with biting retorts. Nice to see its not aceptable, I'm only a wee first year and dont really know anyone, that interview is like the nasty side of trinitys reputation everyone warns you about. Maybe I should cancel my brothers streak through the place and the ball rubbing against whatever staff happen to be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

You could always drape yourself in the american flag whilst working there. They'd love that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

basscon you should work there and reinvent the place. make it more starbucks like. only employ spanish girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

And sell unfairtrade coffee. We don't want africa catching up with us. They'll be wanting revenge for the old exploitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Sell arms under the counter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Rant/Bitch/Moan/Death Threat: I may well kill my marketing professor before this week is out. If I suddenly stop posting here, well, you'll know what's happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

I know lots of great lawyers. Call me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

basscon wrote:
    Argh anyone else interviewed for the jcr? 20 or so smug little idiots trying to make themselves look good by intimidating whatever fool thought it might be a nice place to work in. Sorry but it's such a ridiculous situation and the last thing you;d expect in an interview, more like that crazy hazing stuff, it like only a bloody cafe. Do they have a reputation for that kind of behaviour? /end rant

This one time i was trying to get a roll and the guy at the counter started dancing and singing "cha bop shu wa wa" and the other guy at work started dancing. Then they looked at me like i was on crack cos I didn't laugh. Then they gave my roll to someone else. Never going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

stargal wrote:
    Do you think it's that serious? I'm not sure; I think it's been pretty active this year and there've been loads of new posters which is good. However there are definite troughs when there are hardly any posts for a day or two. So maybe you have a point...
    rahrahrahrah!
    I'm here now, you can all relax! :D

Are we on hols soon? Im so sick of gen rel man it's unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

bluewolf wrote:
    r

Are we on hols soon? Im so sick of gen rel man it's unreal

You're all on hols soon, except for me and shay and the other loons who decided that the very slim chance of getting schols was worth 2-3 months of social deprivation.

• Advertisement

You're all on hols soon, except for me and shay and the other loons who decided that the very slim chance of getting schols was worth 2-3 months of social deprivation.
    What's a schols?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Apex is a Schols :).

Schols = Foundation Scholarship exams.

<winding-up>I'd link to the Statutes but xeducat is doing his best to destroy forty years of tradition.</winding-up>

Ibid wrote:
    Apex is a Schols :).

Schols = Foundation Scholarship exams.

<winding-up>I'd link to the Statutes but xeducat is doing his best to destroy forty years of tradition.</winding-up>
    Oh right so are they extra exams? pft... you trinity people =p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

That's it Ibid, you're getting a special statute dedicated to making sure that you never get a degree...

For everyone else, http://www.tcd.ie/local/statutes/ will explain why he's slagging me. And http://www.tcd.ie/scholars/Scholar/infoScholars.php will explain the Schol stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

xeduCat wrote:
    That's it Ibid, you're getting a special statute dedicated to making sure that you never get a degree...
    On a vaguely related noted, Aegrotat FTW.

bluewolf wrote:
    What's a schols?

Voilà.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I hate living at home. It sucks.

Living at home is cool.

No. It sucks.

I guess your right. :(

• Advertisement

We both know I am. Unfortunately :(

i don't think living on campus (either tcd/dcu) counts as living on your own properly anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I know lots of great lawyers. Call me

As of 5.23 this afternoon, no longer an issue, but thanks! May get back to you when I get the grade back...

We few, we happy few...
    i don't think living on campus (either tcd/dcu) counts as living on your own properly anyway.

And yet, it'd allow me to live within 5 minutes walk of my lectures and avoid a hellish commute, unreasonable transport costs (seriously, do Dublin Bus spin a wheel every month and decide to randomly raise prices with no warning or what?) and my evil elder brother, so irrespective of whether it's living on my own "properly", I'd still be pretty damn grateful for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well it is living on your own, but i'd agree its not the same as being out in the big bad world properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

true that - at least when you're living out there on your own you have tenants rights ;)

anyhow, moving home next year methinks - gonna buy a motorbike and use that to get in, if the summer funds allow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I fell asleep in a computer room and now I'm stuck in college. I'm b.ie furious.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

That really sucks. Anyone living on campus you can wake up and sleep on their sofa? If the best you can find is the computer room, you're about to even lose b.ie.

Hope something works out

I'm b.ie furious.

Unexpected lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

gilroyb wrote:
    That really sucks. Anyone living on campus you can wake up and sleep on their sofa? If the best you can find is the computer room, you're about to even lose b.ie.

Hope something works out
    No one who I'd risk trying to wake up. If only I could remember the combo for getting into the Physoc room I wouldn't be in this mess.

On the plus side, I followed the resident fox around campus for a while.

I'm so tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I followed the resident fox around campus for a while.
    Cool! I've been in since 0620.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement