Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

europerson wrote:
    Cool! I've been in since 0620.

Why on earth...?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Hang over.

And I'm seven hours late for work.

Ha.. Sebastien was looking lonely in the department today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Why on earth...?
    One word: econometrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I fell asleep in a computer room and now I'm stuck in college

From past experience, and for your future reference: the Pearse St. gate is remarkably easy to hop over (believe me, if I'm athletic enough to do something, anyone is).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

shay_562 wrote:
    From past experience, and for your future reference: the Pearse St. gate is remarkably easy to hop over (believe me, if I'm athletic enough to do something, anyone is).
    You'll get caught. Anyone I know who's tried this has been collared.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

umm? you can just walk out through front gate any time?

shay_562 wrote:

Or just walk out through Front Arch... they only check ID if you want to get on campus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Yep, walking out of front arch is no problem at any time of night (apart from Saturdays and Sundays). Only run into issues if you're trying to get in.

Anyone I know who's tried this has been collared.

But you know me, and I wasn't. Neither were the 4 drunk people I was with, even though it took us about 10 minutes to get everyone and their bags and their cans over.
    Or just walk out through Front Arch... they only check ID if you want to get on campus

Didn't know that - I assumed from b.ie's post that he couldn't get out that way (from the "stuck in college" part). When the above incident happened, we were just too lazy to walk all the way across college to Front Arch and then back up to Doyles on the other side, so we took a "shortcut"...except for the part where it probably ended up taking longer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

Were you leaving college over the gate or entering? Big difference, even if it took you 10 minutes.

I presume b.ie curious was stuck in college cos he missed the last bus/nitelink/luas. You can't get locked into college.

Were you leaving college over the gate or entering? Big difference, even if it took you 10 minutes.

A fair point - we were leaving. Still, I had assumed if someone had seen us they'd still have stopped us, since hopping the gate is kinda nixed either way, isn't it?

And yeah, your explanation of "Stuck in college" makes a lot more sense than what I picked up the first time I read it. Blame the sleep deprivation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

xebec wrote:
    Yep, walking out of front arch is no problem at any time of night (apart from Saturdays and Sundays).
    ...doh.

Was down the ham end. Gave up after tryin to escape out Pearse St. and didn't go any further West.

Wasn't so bad. Did some confidence intervaling before remembering the code to get out through Westland Row.

Moan=f(Lent)

Not drinking is going to kill me. Its only day 23, for christ's sake!

Moan=f(Lent)

Not drinking is going to kill me. Its only day 23, for christ's sake!

Drink on Sundays. They're not counted.

Not counted in a 'St.Patricks Day doesn't count if you're Irish' sort of a way, or not counted as in 'Jesus came home to eat and wash on a Sunday before heading back out to the desert' sort of a way?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lent

46 days is from Ash Wednesday - Easter Sunday. Every Sunday is a 'day off' lent, which brings you to the holy number of 40.

I have a sneaking suspicion that my parents hid this from me...

...Vendetta!

I wonder if it works like flexitime. Seeing as how I didn't take the first 3 Sundays off, I could go on a four day bender this weekend. I'm not sure if God is a flexitime kind of guy.

I wonder if it works like flexitime. Seeing as how I didn't take the first 3 Sundays off, I could go on a four day bender this weekend. I'm not sure if God is a flexitime kind of guy.
    The Lenten period is based on the moon. They could pick date_after_moon+6 if they so desired, but they didn't.

Don't go getting any new-age thoughts, sober boy.

Not even a sup?

• Advertisement

"I only wanted a thimble's worth, but no matter how hard I looked I could only find a beer glass."

Not even a sup?
    I believe that's the most rural thing you've ever written or said. Ne'er shall you tease me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Since when is "sup" an explicitely rural expression?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

At the pearse street entrance, you can put your card through the grate and swipe it from the other side if you want to get in.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Since when is "sup" an explicitely rural expression?
    I've never heard a town-person using that word, whereas it's heard a lot down the country, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

No

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Hungover :-(

Drowned the shamrock from 4pm and then went to Krystle..... We bought a bottle of vodka. Suffering........

I'm sick: pain in head, torso, legs, neck, feet; sore throat; stuffed nose; when I stand up from sitting down I feel like I'm still sitting down and vice versa; feels like head floating about two feet away from body; head boiling, feet freezing. Need I say more?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

No.

• Advertisement

I'm stuck up in House 6 listening to loud music. The SER is not coming along nicely. Hit a bit of a road-block. The page numbers erratically don't appear, the c*nts.

At least I have a nice view.

Image012.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement