Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ApeXaviour wrote:
    And this bloody italiano comp physicist teaches it here in final year. No doubt, THE most "WTF?" course I've ever ever done, because of him.
    lol i'd him for my tutor in first year. Ye know out of the 6 people in his tutor group 1 of them was in 2nd year? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

ibid spilt Guinness all over my crotch. I was wearing my easy to stain gray trackie pants at the time. He was trying to teach me how he "gay" dances. I ran into someone I've fancied for quite a while on the DART and had to completely ignore them due to my bespoilment.

I think we can all be suitably embarrassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I ran into someone I've fancied for quite a while on the DART and had to completely ignore them due to my bespoilment.

You should have told her* you were just excited to see her; she might have been flattered.

*or him

For GR ye could ask conor houghton

He's an absolute legend. He taught us maths in second year Engineering, and always started his classes with insane stories.

If you're lucky, he'll tell you some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Part of me hates that I know and can do what you're talking about. Mostly cos E.M. sucks donkey balls...
    Good, now teach me! =p

N, is calin the guy who drones and confuses himself with what he's written on the board?

• Advertisement

Ick, I hate when you've been drinking all night, and you suddenly have to go into college without eating/brushing your teeth/showering/shaving because you forgot about your neurophysiology lab.

Damnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

b.ie polar wrote:
    ibid spilt Guinness all over my crotch. I was wearing my easy to stain gray trackie pants at the time. He was trying to teach me how he "gay" dances. I ran into someone I've fancied for quite a while on the DART and had to completely ignore them due to my bespoilment.
    She'll be around.

Nice new nick btw. I wonder who sorted that out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I've just sent a lecturer an e-mail, in which I managed to make a typo out of the name of the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭fluppet

Just a note about when you can book flights for - I saw a notice that said SS physics students had to be available between some dates that were around the 20th June. I think it was something about the external examiner. I don't know if it is the same for other courses...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Ayup, that'll be results and viva day. Or "fill your boots day" as some (none) like to call it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    Ick, I hate when you've been drinking all night, and you suddenly have to go into college without eating/brushing your teeth/showering/shaving because you forgot about your neurophysiology lab.

Damnit.

Was that the one where you have to shock your muscles into twitching?

Yeah, 'twas a great old laugh.

I hate living at home. I have to stay up until horrid hours if I want to get any study done. Its just too noisy during the day. Hopefully I'll be living with europerson next year. I think I'll throw a tantrum if I don't get a place on campus.

Come on painkillers, hurry up and kick in. Ow.

Pet wrote:
    Come on painkillers, hurry up and kick in. Ow.

Mine aren't working. Ear canal has swollen shut. Ow.

I love the way I only remember that my 9 o'clock double lecture is cancelled after I arrive in college. Buggery kittens.

Ah well. Guess I'm forced to study now.

****ing reachservices.ie, and in general the Irish Revenue Commissioners. Most unintuitive, confusing, makes-one-jump-through-flaming-hoops online system I have ever had the misfortune of using.

So, you register. Answer a million questions about yourself, about three times because the damn site is so buggy. Then you have to wait about 2 weeks for them to send you an activation code.

Then, without warning, the code expires. So you have to do it ALLLLLL again.

Attempt 2: Fill in details, wait 2 weeks for code. Another bus journey to Meath, time wasted, etc. You get the code. Go to website to fill it in.

BUT WAIT.

There's nowhere to PUT the ****ing code. So, you ring these scuttering gob****es up, in quite a state because you need to get this **** sorted, and their ridiculous ineptitude (paid for by the hard-earned tax euros you're trying to claim back) means that yes, you guessed it, they send out another code!

So finally, FINALLY, you get the **** done. Code goes in, fine, dandy.

BUT WAAAAAAAAAIT. YOU NEED YOUR PAYE PIN TOO!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH.

My blood pressure is dangerously high right now.

Whoever designed that system needs a hot poker rammed up their urethra, and an enema of boiling hot ammonia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

They're aaaaaaallllll out to get you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

It always seems the way when you're trying to claim money off anything. Insurance too, if you're trying to claim directly can be a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

Pet wrote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH.

i had a similar experience to this when trying to set up. they seemed to require all these codes and nonsense and i just forgot about it.

• Advertisement

Crash, or one of his flatmates, set off the fire alarm... for about the 20th time this year!

Grrrrrrrrrr......

I left my keys in College. Feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Crash, or one of his flatmates, set off the fire alarm... for about the 20th time this year!

Grrrrrrrrrr......
    *nelson* Ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I was literally attacked by a randomer this afternoon in town.

I was walking along Stephen's Green between the top of Dawson street and Kildare street when some random guy kicked me full force for no reason. He then hit me with a few punches to the head while I tried to defuse the situation. The whole time he continually shouted 'EAT IT' at me really aggresively.

Totally bizarre. I'm not hurt really or anything (though my leg is still a bis sore), it was just totally bizarre. While the lad was attacking me loads of passers by just went past without batting an eyelid. It was only after he stopped that a couple of tourists asked if I was ok (I was and just continued on to the bus stop).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Andrew 83 wrote:

I was walking along Stephen's Green between the top of Dawson street and Kildare street when some random guy kicked me full force for no reason. He then hit me with a few punches to the head while I tried to defuse the situation. The whole time he continually shouted 'EAT IT' at me really aggresively.

Totally bizarre. I'm not hurt really or anything (though my leg is still a bis sore), it was just totally bizarre. While the lad was attacking me loads of passers by just went past without batting an eyelid. It was only after he stopped that a couple of tourists asked if I was ok (I was and just continued on to the bus stop).

woah, you seemed ok when i was talking to you tonight, Bizzare or what,

fcuking scumbags

woah, you seemed ok when i was talking to you tonight, Bizzare or what,

fcuking scumbags

Yeah I'm grand, as I say just still have a bit of a pain in my leg. I wasn't really worried or didn't feel in danger or anything at any point really, just totally bemused and shocked.

I'd say the guy was off his head on drugs - he was totally wide eyed and the forcefulness, aggression and weirdness of what he was saying was just so bizarre I can't think of any other explanation.

Andrew 83 wrote:

Madness. Glad to hear you're ok.

Glad to hear you're okay, Mr Andrew.

In bad news, I can't do the dissertation I wanted to do because of bureaucracy :(.

That's mad!

• Advertisement

I appeared on the prestigious 'Your call' show on Newstalk earlier on talking about the attack!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement