Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Fred Phelps and his band of inbred closet homosexuals are supposedly picketing the funerals of those killed in the Virginia Tech massacre.

Those people really need psychiatric care, I feel so sorry for them.

(The WBC, that is.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

are they the same guys that harp on about dead soldiers, gays and democrats? Dunno about that massacre though, it's just the same as a slow day in baghdad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Crazy jerks. Why is doing God's work never about love anymore?

Dunno, it's all about the hellfire and brimstone. Damn drama queens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Brimstone is overrated. Bad BO would be a far worse odour to endure for eternity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Moorsy

Andrew 83 wrote:
    I was literally attacked by a randomer this afternoon in town.

I was walking along Stephen's Green between the top of Dawson street and Kildare street when some random guy kicked me full force for no reason. He then hit me with a few punches to the head while I tried to defuse the situation. The whole time he continually shouted 'EAT IT' at me really aggresively.

Totally bizarre. I'm not hurt really or anything (though my leg is still a bis sore), it was just totally bizarre. While the lad was attacking me loads of passers by just went past without batting an eyelid. It was only after he stopped that a couple of tourists asked if I was ok (I was and just continued on to the bus stop).

Maybe he had heard about your policy documents, haha.
    But on the serious side that really terrible, hope your ok.

Someone sat down next to me today in the Ussher Library who had obviously spent a night soaking in a bath full of perfume. Thankfully she only stayed there for a short time, during which time she was mainly playing with her phone.

I hope it doesn't stop being sunny for ages.

Rant: have to now sort, staple, hole punch and file all the little mounds of paper that I sorted from the big mound that was inhabiting my desk.. :(

There are yappy dogs yapping somewhere in/near Halls. I have a headache.

I want to kill yappy dogs. ALL yappy dogs.

Die, mother****ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

A big bottle of Dettol spilled in my suitcase on the way back from Brussels, and even though I've washed everything, there's still a horrible lingering smell on pretty much everything that was in it. It's pretty gross. I only bought the Dettol cos I fell and cut my knee open, so thought I should at least try and clean it up a bit. Now I'm regretting that decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

Pet wrote:
    There are yappy dogs yapping somewhere in/near Halls. I have a headache.

I want to kill yappy dogs. ALL yappy dogs.

Die, mother****ers.

im right there with you pet, they are driving me ****ing mental!

grrrr and to rant further, pav closing at half 9 last 2 fridays, not ****ing cool. they only thing that got me thru my 9 hour long study stunt in the library yesterday was the idea of 1 or 2 cans, i get down there and im sitting no more than 5 minutes and next thing is there bloody security guys all up in my face telling us we need to leave.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

thats why you've these things called house parties, you see they involve cheaper booze and generally people getting more fankared.

Yoji Biomechanika ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

To be honest, security have NO idea what they're doing - its all kneejerk reactions etc. as to when the pav's closed. they dont seem to have any proper plan of action for when the numbers get out of control like. I think a proper student stance against it is in order :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

&#231 wrote: »
    To be honest, security have NO idea what they're doing - its all kneejerk reactions etc. as to when the pav's closed. they dont seem to have any proper plan of action for when the numbers get out of control like. I think a proper student stance against it is in order :P

You'd better talk to a member of the A.R.S.E. then...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

hrmm i don't remember my last post on this thread....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

I was looking at the recruitment website for college and they're looking to employee another attendant to start checking cards and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I was looking at the recruitment website for college and they're looking to employee another attendant to start checking cards and stuff.
    Like in the library or wandering around randomly in college?

outside the pav

I'm sure the lads in the pav will be happy about that, especially as they make a lot of cash from non students during summer months. I'll go somewhere else if my non college mates aren't allowed in.

Edit: ok, I know they're not technically, but if it's enforced...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

i never knew non college students weren't allowed in. i see families having picnics on the grass.

• Advertisement

that's different. the grass doesn't belong to the pav. the pav is a members bar. trinity is open and welcoming of tourists. tourists can come and sit on the grass (kinda). they can't buy anything in the pav (officially).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

...my head hurts from last night. Too much Guinness/white wine/Heineken/Jagerbomb.

But buy the Student Economic Review for €2 in the Arts Block today.

Ibid wrote:
    ...my head hurts from last night. Too much Guinness/white wine/Heineken/Jagerbomb.

But buy the Student Economic Review for €2 in the Arts Block today.

And SHOUT at Ibid when you're buying it!

i never knew non college students weren't allowed in. i see families having picnics on the grass.

Homework for next year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

My feet hurt from last night's SER dancing. My shoes weren't really built for it, methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

People are really, really horrible. We are really, really horrible. So needlessly nasty...

drinking til noon + sleeping til dusk + strange strange memories involving veet for men. why....??? I had no intentions! This does not lend itself well to finals. Nosireee, not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I made a bit of a slipup when sorting out tickets for a certain unnameable event. now left trying to source one through various contacts.

Pain.
    In.
    The.
    Ass.

&#231 wrote: »
    now left trying to source one through various contacts.
    You and just about everybody else I know...

Is there less available this year or something?

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote:
    You and just about everybody else I know...

Is there less available this year or something?
    I smell a publicity stunt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement