Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I was shocked to see a certain Physoc committee member playing cricket on Monday. You'd never have guessed by that accent on him...

But croquet (pronounced crocket) is a deadly game. Especially if played with a hedgehog, a flamingo and a lot of weed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Research, bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

europerson wrote:
    I have €10 for you today, if that helps.

Money can't buy love.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Research, bah.
    Also, Presentations of same, Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

b.ie polar wrote:
    I was shocked to see a certain Physoc committee member playing cricket on Monday. You'd never have guessed by that accent on him...
    Mark Steacy? A wexford accent... I suppose. But he's protestant and an ausophile, so it's okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Grrr, argh. Woe betide my awful sleeping patterns lately. I keep missing important **** To Do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Grrr. Childishness.

europerson wrote:
    Grrr. Childishness.

Does this involve Ibid??

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Mark Steacy? A wexford accent... I suppose. But he's protestant and an ausophile, so it's okay.
    Scurvy? A Hun* ****er he may be but wexford accent? Does he ****, it's halfway between ****ing wollongong and dalkey via camden ****ing town.

*Yes, yes, I know what a hun really is but it sounds good so I'll use it. Right?!

Hmmm... give that man some vegetables.

Grand lad though.

Dead Ed wrote:
    A Hun* ****er he may be

*Yes, yes, I know what a hun really is but it sounds good so I'll use it. Right?!
    Ed.. it really doesn't look like you're saying hun there at all.

• Advertisement

Me no understand. itis hun not hun as in honey. Speaking of hateful abbreviations, I overheard some ****er saying "that's so ridic" earlier. I shouldn't care about these things!

Right... I'll explain it so. With the "*" after hun, it looks like a four letter word. A reasonable assumption given that the next word; "****er" is also includes these. Together a phrase comes to mind, that initially inferred to me a certain amount of intimate knowledge of said gentleman.

Or maybe I'm just dirty

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Bah to the Champions League ruining my well-laid study plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

I'm pissed off that the Goverment set the election day on a Thursady when students will be busy doing exams. I reckon they did that deliberatly. :mad: Because they know that a lot of students opt for parties like Greens and Sinn Féin and Labour.

My response, make sure you make an extra effort to vote! Try and take some time out to do so. It is really important for change in this country. After student votes are really vital and every vote counts! See my signature below! Make sure you inform your fellow peers to vote in this year's General Election. The more students who vote, the better! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Right... I'll explain it so. With the "*" after hun, it looks like a four letter word. A reasonable assumption given that the next word; "****er" is also includes these. Together a phrase comes to mind, that initially inferred to me a certain amount of intimate knowledge of said gentleman.

Or maybe I'm just dirty
    I thought that too, but everyone knows I'm filthy-minded..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

there is drilling in my house, and i am hungover.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

im tired of getting up at 530 am
    i'm just tired
    stupid assignment

The printer I'm using in AAP is really really slow. It's spitting out a page every 20 seconds.

Can you get me a lucozade while your over there????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Myth wrote:
    The printer I'm using in AAP is really really slow. It's spitting out a page every 20 seconds.

if it's important, i'll print it for you. on third floor AAP, and could have it down to you in a few minutes (only if its a time deadline!)

• Advertisement

Can you get me a lucozade while your over there????

Yes, and I'll charge you an extortionate amount for the service.

if it's important, i'll print it for you. on third floor AAP, and could have it down to you in a few minutes (only if its a time deadline!)

Thanks for the offer - it was simply notes for a subject I'm studying today. I haven't had to hand anything in since my final year project :D

Myth wrote:
    Yes, and I'll charge you an extortionate amount for the service.

I can pay you in kind....

And by in kind you can get a cup of very good coffee

bluewolf wrote:
    im tired of getting up at 530 am
    i'm just tired
    stupid assignment
    Ditto, but I didn't get to sleep til 5.30am. Then was rudely awoken at 11.

Stupid finals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Ditto, but I didn't get to sleep til 5.30am. Then was rudely awoken at 11.

Stupid finals

aren't you doing a PHd? hmm my brain is overworked from having 4 essay deadlines in the space of a month. im on essay no.4 at the mo..then i v only got exams to worry about. library is packed. coffee is hidseous as ever in the arts block and i miss fencing.

snorlax wrote:
    aren't you doing a PHd? hmm my brain is overworked from having 4 essay deadlines in the space of a month. im on essay no.4 at the mo..then i v only got exams to worry about. library is packed. coffee is hidseous as ever in the arts block and i miss fencing.
    Nope, hopefully next year. As it stands am doing finals in physics. I repeated JS though, so have been 5 years in college. Maybe that's what got ya.

It's too warm for coffee, cheap redbull knock-off special-offers all the way. Library IS packed, hence studying in society room. Haw-Haw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I hate the way you always get really sick just when there's 17 really important things you need to be doing. I also hate having to call in sick within 2 weeks of starting a job, thus ensuring that for the next few months there they'll think I'm an utter waster. Blech.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Stupid finals

Agreed. 9 exams for finals ain't pretty though.
    I can pay you in kind....

I think he's coming on to me.
    And by in kind you can get a cup of very good coffee

Definitely coming on to me. Ahem, I quite dislike coffee, am more of a tea person.

Myth wrote:
    Ahem, I quite dislike coffee, am more of a tea person.

Heathen!!
    And where is my lucozade!!!

And you are far, far too hairy for my liking.....

• Advertisement

UU wrote:
    I'm pissed off that the Goverment set the election day on a Thursady when students will be busy doing exams. I reckon they did that deliberatly. :mad: Because they know that a lot of students opt for parties like Greens and Sinn Féin and Labour.

My response, make sure you make an extra effort to vote! Try and take some time out to do so. It is really important for change in this country. After student votes are really vital and every vote counts! See my signature below! Make sure you inform your fellow peers to vote in this year's General Election. The more students who vote, the better! :D:D:D
    Hmm a big difference to all of the four students that vote? I'd say that the decision had nothing whatsoever to do with students. As far as I remember, polling stations are open well into the evenings so you're not missing exams or the like. Unless you have to go home to vote. Anyhoo, if the Greens actually got into government they wouldn't have anything to whinge at but themselves and as such would cease to have any meaning!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement