Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Myth wrote:
    Agreed. 9 exams for finals ain't pretty though.
    Pft I had 10 >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

a Polling station may be open late, but if your constituency is in Mayo, you've got a bit of a problem. and with the election called for such a short period of time from the day, coupled with the fact that postal votes must be arranged 15 days before the election, you may as well **** all over the votes of students not registered to vote in dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

My constituency is in Mayo and I have an exam on that thursday. Will the injustices to the Enda Kenny Hometown people never end?

Fake edit: Yes, I'm from castlebar, just like Enda! Yay!

paperclip wrote:
    My constituency is in Mayo and I have an exam on that thursday. Will the injustices to the Enda Kenny Hometown people never end?

Fake edit: Yes, I'm from castlebar, just like Enda! Yay!

Send FG an e-mail. It'd actually be great publicity for them if they organised various buses going from DIT, UCD, Trinity, DCU etc. to go to various counties to get people to vote.

Of course, getting people to go is another question (as is getting back!), as well as the whole costing of it, but it'd still be good publicity...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Does anyone know if the 1937 reading room will be open over the bank holiday weekend (including Monday)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

I'm guessing so, isn't it 24 hour swipe access?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah tends to be though there are times when it's closed because it's connected to the library, ah I might email the GSU.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

ApeXaviour wrote:
    It's too warm for coffee, cheap redbull knock-off special-offers all the way. Library IS packed, hence studying in society room. Haw-Haw

the basement of the usher is the only quiet place i can find to study. i like the couches too :)...every days a coffee-day ...coffee...coffee... coffeeee..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Was meant to be playing frisbee in Cardiff this weekend at British Nationals, pretty much the be-all-and-end-all at college level, but I'm too sick. Boo-urns! Plus, found out today that I'm being charged emergency tax (even though I was sure I had worked recently enough to avoid it), so I've got to queue in that godforsaken office again. Oh, and I'm working at 9AM next Saturday. I can't say specifically why that's a bad thing, obviously, but suffice to say I'll be sweet-talking my manager like crazy the next time I see him (which won't be helped by the sick-time). Really, I'd love it if I could just sleep for the next 60 hours or so and wake up to have all this crap dealt with. I'd also like a helicopter and a private island. And a billion euro. And a pony.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

shay_563, sometimes it can take up to six weeks for them in the tax office to sort it out,

give them a call, anyways, you get it back anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

shay_562 wrote:
    Was meant to be playing frisbee in Cardiff this weekend at British Nationals
    How come you get to play in the British Nationals?
    Plus, found out today that I'm being charged emergency tax
    I remember when that heppened to me alls I did was ring them up. It took me a while to get through, but once I had I found them really friendly and helpfull.

I want a guitar. And an amp.

Mines broken

What the hell is the bloody music that is echoing all over campus??

Was on last night as well.. very ****ing annoying

EDIT: just louder and crappier, what the hell is going on in City centre this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

b.ie wrote:
    How come you get to play in the British Nationals?

'Cause we rock. And also because British Nationals covers the whole British Isles, and the Irish representative is selected through intervarsities, which Trinity won. The runner-up (UCDD for the past two years) also gets a spot, but in the Division 2 competition.
    b.ie wrote: »
    Tax advice

Cheers guys - I vaguely remember the procedure (haven't had to do it since before college started), last time I had to bring them in a bunch of forms and a P45, but I'll give them a ring on Tuesday morning before work and see what they can do. I should clarify, it was less the loss of money (since I knew I'd be getting that back anyway) and more the inconvenience of having to deal with the tax office in order to get that money back that warranted a moan. But thanks!

• I was coming to post about the noise as well. I assumed it was some sort of sound check for the ball or something? Could be wrong. I thought the noise of them putting up the stage or whatever was they were doing all day in New Square was annoying enough. It's bad enough that the library is closed today and tomorrow, without it being too noisy to study in my room. Really really irritating.

Its not sound check.. as there aren't any tents / speakers / power generators set up.

Also, at times there appears to be a crowd joining in..

In the absence of any other evidence, I'm blaming players!

• I just hope it's stopped for good now.

There are gigs on in Dublin Castle.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

shay_562 wrote:
    '

Cheers guys - I vaguely remember the procedure (haven't had to do it since before college started), last time I had to bring them in a bunch of forms and a P45, but I'll give them a ring on Tuesday morning before work and see what they can do. I should clarify, it was less the loss of money (since I knew I'd be getting that back anyway) and more the inconvenience of having to deal with the tax office in order to get that money back that warranted a moan. But thanks!

you know whats depressing? i've been in employment every day since i was 16

i need a break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

shay_562 wrote:
    'Cause we rock. And also because British Nationals covers the whole British Isles, and the Irish representative is selected through intervarsities, which Trinity won. The runner-up (UCDD for the past two years) also gets a spot, but in the Division 2 competition.
    I'm disgusted. I'm not surprised those jingoistic Beef-eaters are still acting like Irish people are British nationals, but the fact that yee lot go along with it sickens me. My family members didn't kill 'Tans just so we could go off and play frisbee with the Crown, like good little subjects. Tiocfaidh ár lá!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

800 years. Don't forget the 800 years! Hmmm, shoulda went home. It's a bad night to be living in the "cultural" part of Dublin. ****in brits and spanish and Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

Is the library closed today? It is a bank holiday i suppose but today was the day i was going to study :rolleyes:

oh well...

Not really a 'bitch' but there is discussion of colleges over on the UCD thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055089028&page=3

EDIT: Laika, seems like they have copped to your 'cunning plan'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Everyone go vote for Trinity but don't leave any comments. They'll all start suspecting each other, it'll be hilarious.

Well as hilarious as that kind of thing can possibly be.

That Bloody Music Is On Again!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hrmm -havent been in the apartment over the weekend so havent heard it - thank christ :)

• This bloody music is really getting on my nerves now. I really need to study tonight and I can't concentrate. It's really crap music as well. :mad:

Its utter ****. Sounds like a ****ing open mic night

AHHH!!! STRESS!

• Ughhh I've given up hope of doing well in the stupid finals. Library closed 2 days in a row 2 weeks before exams (and hardly open at the weekend at the best of times), a certain musical event next weekend, all this noise. It's ridiculous. This ****e music is doing my head in, aren't there noise pollution laws or something about this kind of thing? :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement

Hehe.. wait until the sound checks for the ball start!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement