Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

b.ie wrote:
    I'm disgusted. I'm not surprised those jingoistic Beef-eaters are still acting like Irish people are British nationals, but the fact that yee lot go along with it sickens me. My family members didn't kill 'Tans just so we could go off and play frisbee with the Crown, like good little subjects. Tiocfaidh ár lá!

Well, we do live in the British Isles. Nationalism is all well and good, but the occasional bit of geographic practicality doesn't hurt either.

Topic: Doctor tomorrow. I'm so bloody sick of being sick.

• When are they? Surely there's a certain time they have to be finished by? (Why is this musical event held so close to exams anyway? Seems ridiculous)
    Feck this, living in college is supposed to make studying easier, yet I've never experienced so much non stop noise. If I didn't have classes next week I'd go home until Friday. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I completely forgot today was a bank holiday, and stayed up so I could go in early. Was NOT pleased to find out that all was shut. Just as well I was able to meet friends for lunch and hang out, otherwise I would have been fairly ****ing pissed off at myself.

I've completely lost my sense of time - a few days ago, I started freaking out that it was one week before finals (it's two weeks today before my first one). On Sunday, I completely missed my bus because I had thought it was Saturday (and hence looked at the Saturday bus times, not Sunday).

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

How could you mistake the real Sinead O'Connor for a CD?

Didn't you hear Nothing Compares?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

was qft cancelled today or what? felt like a right eejit sitting in salmon on my own for ages... better not happen tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

One of my lecturers keeps giving me mid 2:1's for articles that I write for her class, and when I get the comments back it's always stuff like, "Great writing, but would have like to have seen what you thought about Pat Rabbitte's recent makeover(?)" and other random girlie crap like that which make no sense in an opinion piece about Labour's potential coalition partners.

Groargh.

Can't sleep...clown'll eat me...

Me neither. Damn clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

I was going to post a rant about having to be up late typing, but my internet went dead for a while, so now it's a rant about still being up really really, early typing.

Double moan: My laptop is held together with silver sticky tape, and the monitor only stays perpendicular to the rest of the machine thanks to a piece of string. Whenever I go to move the power cord which keeps coming out of position despite also being held in place with said tape, the monitor keeps slamming down on my fingers. It's really, really annoying. Damn to not being able to get a new laptop because I know Vista has to be as full of software issues as every other new piece of microsoft/windows software.

Moral of the story: Don't study at Warwick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Christ. I'm hungover. And my knee is bleeding for some unknown reason. What the f did I do last night?

Yay for Junior Dean appointments for (almost) absolutely no reason. Whatevs. Gimme my slap on the wrist and let me go, biatches.

prove that x is contractible iff it's a retract of CX, no thanks
    I'm getting so sick of bloody topology

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

b.ie polar wrote:
    Christ. I'm hungover. And my knee is bleeding for some unknown reason. What the f did I do last night?
    My shoulders and neck are ****ed and I have no idea why. Everyone was hammered. Horribly. You probably fell foul of dec's funhouse though. I managed to escape, apparently.

Sawa wrote:
    For those living in college, whose rooms are accessible during the ball this friday, do they get in free or how is this monitered, just curious...

No you must have a ticket.

However.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

No you must have a ticket.

However.....

are there wrist bands then? how can they monitor this though? i mean is there some one taking tickets at the exits of the residences!? i dont want in btw, i have a ticket

Not to sure tbh.. I have to work so I'm not going..

THink you get different wristbands if you have a ticket or not..

Though, from what I've heard its piss ez to crash if your on campus

why wouldnt the dept office give me two exam dates? is it top secret?

now i have to go all the way into tcd tomorrow to find the noticeboard wherever that is in hamilton!

Should be beside the entrance to the Maths Department (about halfway along the corridor, at the bottom of the stairs).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

bluewolf wrote:
    why wouldnt the dept office give me two exam dates? is it top secret?

now i have to go all the way into tcd tomorrow to find the noticeboard wherever that is in hamilton!
    just email helen, mathdep@maths.tcd.ie and ask her

for the record the notice board is more or less opposite to the salmon/synge lecture theatres they are on either side of the entrance to the maths dept there.

• Advertisement

just email helen, mathdep@maths.tcd.ie and ask her

for the record the notice board is more or less opposite to the salmon/synge lecture theatres they are on either side of the entrance to the maths dept there.
    I figured if phone didnt work, email wouldn't either, they told me to go to the board...

ok... so if salmon is on my right, i look left for the board? and it's on the wall, i dont have to go in anywhere right?

thanks guys <3

Yep. They are the first noticeboards (if entering on the ground floor of the Hamilton through the white 'bomb' doors, and then swinging right down the large corridor) with a glass/plastic covering on the left.

bluewolf wrote:
    I figured if phone didnt work, email wouldn't either, they told me to go to the board...

ok... so if salmon is on my right, i look left for the board? and it's on the wall, i dont have to go in anywhere right?

thanks guys <3

yep thats it, Samson's exam is it? i can just ask them in the morning and tell ye, save ye the trip

yep thats it, Samson's exam is it? i can just ask them in the morning and tell ye, save ye the trip
    him and gen rel, duno if ill be online during the day tomorrow.
    i remembered i have to be in town to get bus home-home, so i'll drop in on the way. but thank you =) and myth!

oh you might know - were lectures over last week? i went in yesterday for qft and noone was around
    missed the last few weeks so I wouldnt know if they'd said anything
    like if samson is setting paper etc =/

bluewolf wrote:
    him and gen rel, duno if ill be online during the day tomorrow.
    i remembered i have to be in town to get bus home-home, so i'll drop in on the way. but thank you =) and myth!
    no problem.
    oh you might know - were lectures over last week? i went in yesterday for qft and noone was around
    umm i dunno off hand, but i'll ask a m8 of mine who's in the class and get back to ye on that

Pet wrote:
    Yay for Junior Dean appointments for (almost) absolutely no reason. Whatevs. Gimme my slap on the wrist and let me go, biatches.

What did you do? I always thought you were good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote:
    Ugh, can't believe they even bothered. Saps

bluewolf wrote:
    lectures are apparently well over, and said nothing except know part 1 of the book

Laika wrote:
    What did you do? I always thought you were good :(
    Nothing shocking! I had an open receptacle of alcohol in the Hamilton, while helping a friend look for her lost phone, and security (just following protocol I suppose) booked us.

I'd say it'll be fine, though. It's more the hassle of having to go to the meeting etc, rather than the principle of it.

• Advertisement

lectures are apparently well over, and said nothing except know part 1 of the book
    bloody hell, must have gotten my dates wrong

thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement