Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i laughed.....

( yes i know i'm a bastard)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

DrIndy wrote:
    We'll do more of that tomorrow.......

Judging by the fact that you're here I'm guessing you didn't go to the Nurse Soc meeting/pav/buttery either? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Chick wrote:
    Judging by the fact that you're here I'm guessing you didn't go to the Nurse Soc meeting/pav/buttery either? :cool:
    LOL after all u 2's talk there yesterday :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i had to work....

Its late, and I hate foundations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Chick wrote:

my presentation took a while - I landed at 18:30 and there was no one about at all - sorry folks - woulda been cool to meet you in person though.....

sorry........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

ApeXaviour wrote:
    lmao

Okay I'm bein a real wa*ker here but WTF!
    http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=BUAMO8S&key=EYY
    That's what I call horribly entertainingly ugly :D
    Yergh. The expression does it no favours either.

DrIndy wrote:
    my presentation took a while - I landed at 18:30 and there was no one about at all - sorry folks - woulda been cool to meet you in person though.....

sorry........

Oh yeah your pysch thing, how'd it go?

I didn't go either so no worries :cool: I'll go next time!

*(if there is a next time? :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I hate when you find an old single by a band you really like and buy it for the b-sides only to realise when you get home that you already of the b-sides on the band's b-sides collection album.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

ApeXaviour wrote:
    lmao

Okay I'm bein a real wa*ker here but WTF!
    http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=BUAMO8S&key=EYY
    That's what I call horribly entertainingly ugly :D
    Ivana Bacik eat your heart out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

I landed at 18:30

?where you away?return to the mother land?
    Ivana Bacik eat your heart out.

I was going to mention that earlier. Jeez, who ever took that photo and then printed it and show'd it to the whole of dublin must really really hate her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Yeah saw her on telly the other day (with the pav in the background *sigh).. anyway she didn't look half as bad as she did in on those election posters. Red just musn't be her colour ;)

Yeah noticed that.

Speaking of noticing, what were you doing heading into the GMB today?!

What were you doing watching him?

I was going to the toilet..

Why, am I not allowed in the gmb or something?

evidently not

I was watching him because I was coming out the door at the same time he was going in.

I thought everyone on here hated hist/phil people and as you are down "that end" of college I couldn't imagine you wanted to climb the stairs to the computers. Didn't factor in the toilet parameter though.

Yeah sorry AB I'd forgotten your face. I remember you now. Your attempts at staring me down as I walked in and almost blocking my entrance were very disconcerting to me. At the time I pondered on them for a few seconds, then promptly forgot as I looked forward to relieving the increasing pressure in my bladder.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Yeah sorry AB I'd forgotten your face. I remember you now. Your attempts at staring me down as I walked in and almost blocking my entrance were very disconcerting to me. At the time I pondered on them for a few seconds, then promptly forgot as I looked forward to relieving the increasing pressure in my bladder.
    Haha, such a lie! I saw you, made eye-contact. I looked down, kept on walking.

Like what every proper BESS boy should do.

(Try not to show interest in any of the Science students.)

You should try and get over your inferiority complex

• Advertisement

Less hours, more profit.

Better looking people, less total weirdos.

No NetSoc members for 300m radius, the entire female consulate of the Phil.

Damn my inferiority.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Less hours, more profit.
    profit? does pool cleaning pay that well?

Darth Bobo wrote:
    profit? does pool cleaning pay that well?
    Miaow!!!
    I hate when you find an old single by a band you really like and buy it for the b-sides only to realise when you get home that you already of the b-sides on the band's b-sides collection album.

I did this with Placebo before, and I was rather vexed with myself. Just sell it on ebay..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Selket

Like what every proper BESS boy should do.

BESS boys:
    No imagination
    No ability to form an intelligent opinion
    No life

Any "BESS boy" I had the misfortune to have a "conversation" with was too conceited to see the world beyond himself

Selket, that's a totally unfair generalisation. They do of course have lives, intelligent opinions etc. You're just being unfair there, I know plenty of nice guys doing BESS.

I'm with you there :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

yeah, but the total weirdos are like the spice of life. except for that weird guy in the cs labs who laughs manically and smells....*shudder*

anyway, for the record, i dont hate the phil or the Hist (prefer the Hist though tbh) however i do severely dislike a few higher ups in both of them.

Sorry to do this but you asked for it..
    Less hours, more profit.
    Somebody hasn't been doing their research.. Sci, med sci, eng and tech grads earn on average more than bess grads. Not that it matters as much to us as it does to you though. We're just happy that we are actually contributing something to society rather than being a drain on it.
    Fake tan, surf hair-style, scarfs, blazers and metrosexuality does not a better looking person make..
    I'd rather 10 of these "total weirdos" any day than a narcissistic old-boy rugger-bugger.
    No NetSoc members for 300m radius, the entire female consulate of the Phil.
    See old-boy rugger-bugger comment. The narcissism also applies to most of the girls. Many of whose personalities could easily be used as people-repellents.
    I've known girls and lads who've gone on to do bess, it's sickening how much some of them have turned into complete arseholes. I've found the ones that haven't are the ones who've not sold themselves out are the ones who keep their faculty and social lives seperate.
    Damn my inferiority.
    Yes.. BESS is what gives trin it's reproachful stigma IMO.

Chick wrote:
    Selket, that's a totally unfair generalisation. They do of course have lives, intelligent opinions etc. You're just being unfair there, I know plenty of nice guys doing BESS.
    And they're all 1st years I guess? Just wait, they won't be so nice for long.. Soon the disease will infect them, victims of insular social brain-washing. It's similar to nazi-ism, the whole elitism part of it anyway.

Fake tan, surf hair-style, scarfs, blazers and metrosexuality does not a better looking person make..
    I'd rather 10 of these "total weirdos" any day than a narcissistic old-boy rugger-bugger.

Well put. Give me a "weirdo" over a vacuous plastic airhead any day.

• Advertisement

Also, argh, I've got that stupid "Achy breaky heart" song in my head now!! I need to find something jagged with which to cut it out of my brain..I blame John for this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement