Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

bluewolf wrote:
    bloody hell, must have gotten my dates wrong

thank you!
    well teach term hasn't offically ended yet but final year courses tend to finish when they feel like...

I've just spent a good day (from last night at around 9pm) helping out my girlfriend with her dissertation. It's just about finished, thank god.

lol will Dee be helping you with the engineering ? all's fair afterall :)

She said that she'd feed me during exams :D

Myth wrote:
    She said that she'd feed me during exams :D
    that shall prove handy i imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Argh... up late studying. Not feeling it today, don't think I can pull another til 5am stint again tonight. Stupid finals. Stupid non-linear optics and stupid stupid second harmonic generation.

Oooh but there's a crazy looking red bug just landed on the computer here. I'm going to try take a picture

beer, stag, beer, stag, beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

My head hurts :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

my phone was robbed at 'that event'.... ruined the whole night...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

my friend dropped her phone in the atrium but it made its way back to security and back to her. security guy rang the last unanswered number (my number) and collected it from him.

don't know if yours was actually stolen as opposed as lost and found but you might try getting it back

• Advertisement

Pet wrote:
    Nothing shocking! I had an open receptacle of alcohol in the Hamilton, while helping a friend look for her lost phone, and security (just following protocol I suppose) booked us.

I'd say it'll be fine, though. It's more the hassle of having to go to the meeting etc, rather than the principle of it.

That's a complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

My shoe broke as a result of falling over with about 12 other people. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Laika wrote:
    That's a complete joke.

Not a very funny one.

John wrote:
    Not a very funny one.

No. It's not. There's not even a punchline. Or anything remotely humorous about it. In fact, it's an unjoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm gonna stop this line of comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

No the security guard is the alan partridge lookalike

&#231 wrote: »
    I'm gonna stop this line of comments.

What line of comments? I missed something juicy didn't I. At least I know who Alan Partridge is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

The library is so ridiculously packed, and I don't want to hear more BESS girls discussing (by) whom they (were) scored on Friday. Hence, I am going home to study in the peace and quiet.

europerson wrote:
    The library is so ridiculously packed, and I don't want to hear more BESS girls discussing (by) whom they (were) scored on Friday. Hence, I am going home to study in the peace and quiet.

Yeah, I didn't even bother going into the Library today so I'm in one of my trademarked sekkrit study places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Myth wrote:
    Yeah, I didn't even bother going into the Library today so I'm in one of my trademarked sekkrit study places.
    Ooh, a secret...! Is it in College?

• Advertisement

No guessing! I'll have people intruding.

I know where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

It's probably somewhere in the Museum Building, let's be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

The hole under the stairs?

To the museum building!!

To draw him out, we can leave some college board minutes lying on the floor by the stairs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Physoc room all the way for study... Gettin invaded by a certain economics student* though. He's mostly quiet though and puts up with our incessent talk of excitons, spin-spin relaxation, generic physics bs term no. 7 etc.

*Why am I being coy? it's b.ie polar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Shhhh!

There's not even enough room for those of us who are there, no need to advertise.

Good spot, pleasant company, very quiet. I like that dingy little room.

• WHY do people go to the library to TALK? No matter where I sit I always end up next to those morons who come in with about 4 friends and sit there talking the entire time. Are they completely oblivious to the people all around them trying to concentrate? It's one thing to ask someone a question or something but chatting non-stop for over an hour is taking the p*ss :mad: Why are they in the library at all? Why do I get 'warnings' from the staff for having a water bottle out or eating a sweet when these idiots are freely discussing the happenings of their weekend? Grrrrr. I had to leave before I snapped and ended up studying on one of those hard block seats in the arts block. I hate library talkers!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Hmmm, I remember last year when I was arming the Brain in the hamilton library just inside from where the computers are. There were many screams of "you've sooooo got to see moiiii bebooooow". And "you're so wasted in that photograph, Fiachra, what a legend" (I never thought that repeatedly lifting a vessel to one's face was worthy of commendation but anyhow...). This was when I set about crafting the greatest invention ever - the portable gallows. Actually just tell them to shut the **** up and wave a noose in their direction, They'll get the idea and will have learned a valuable lession and humankind can grow and flourish as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I finally got my exam dates, I have two weeks to go YAY
    assuming I'm doing 444 and 442, I think they're right

So eh, could any of you nice helpful people tell me where "GMB" and the sports hall are please? >.<

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement