Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

It has become very, very windy all of a sudden, just as I'm about to go outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I dont come on these boards for about a year and I only come back because I really do not want to look at a book! Why have all our exams at the end of the year. It just is not fair... grr and so ends my rant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The joys of messed up sleep, waking up at 6am. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

d4gurl wrote:
    I dont come on these boards for about a year and I only come back because I really do not want to look at a book! Why have all our exams at the end of the year. It just is not fair... grr and so ends my rant.

happens to us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

ATTENTION: Final Year Students

Account Expiry Notification

Thursday 12th July 2007

Final year computer accounts will be deactivated on the final day of Trinity term. This means that these students will not be able
    to logon to the College computer systems and all files will be removed from their personal filestorage.

Who is affected by this expiry?

The expiry affects all final year students (except those who do not pass their final exams).
    So does this mean if I fail I get to keep my college uberweb privilages???

Hmmm....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

ApeXaviour wrote:
    So does this mean if I fail I get to keep my college uberweb privilages???

Hmmm....
    No, you'll be executed and all traces of your existance banished for failing to be adequately processed. Ever heard of anyone failing fourth year? Me neither. Ever seen "hot Fuzz"? careful now!

Dead Ed wrote:
    Ever heard of anyone failing fourth year? Me neither.

Yep.

the person making my sandwhich today actually managed to turn two piece of bread into a small squished ball. ugh..

went and bought soup instead.

Myth wrote:
    Yep.
    damnit. Off with the tin-foil hat.

I've suddenly become very busy. damn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Dead Ed wrote:
    I've suddenly become very busy. damn.

Me too. It must be that silly chicken karma they keep telling me about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Knackered..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

See your knackered, raise you completely bolloxed. 4 hours sleep in 3 days. Seriously.

I feel crappy.

Pie in the sky.

:(

John wrote:
    Me too. It must be that silly chicken karma they keep telling me about.
    Yeah. Balls to that. **** it, it's still easier than studying ten hours a day!

Salt. In. Wounds.

(I finish the 11th of June, btw).
    Hey guys,

Hope the exams are going well so far and all that but you probably just can’t wait to be finished and venture outside the confines of the library and exam halls again!

Well whether you finish as early as this Saturday or will still be ploughing away on the 8th June, we have you covered for your end of exam parties with an excellent 10 Night Stand, with great drink promo's and concessions for every night to get you in for only €5!! Ask your class rep for details or get in touch with Barry directly at suents@tcd.ie

These are THE OFFICIAL TRINITY END OF EXAM PARTIES!!

Sat 26th May Karma

Tues 29th May CitiBar

Wed 30th May Break for the Border

Thurs 31st May Turks Head

Fri 1st June Down Under

Sun 3rd June Portobello

Tues 5th June CitiBar

Wed 6th June Sin

Thurs 7th June CitiBar

Fri 8th June Down Under

End the year in style and make sure you make it to as many as possible.

Barry

Barry Murphy

Entertainments Officer

Trinity College Dublin

hmmm, apparently I sent the British prime minister an email on saturday night after carpet jaegerbombing the brain because I have a reply from same individual. I'm wondering if I'm on some terrorist list somewhere now.

Dead Ed wrote:
    I'm wondering if I'm on some terrorist list somewhere now.

Did you send a picture as well?

No, no pictures as far as I know. I'm about as arabic as apple pie at this stage though so that wouldn't matter anyway! Unless some of me photoshopping was sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Dead Ed wrote:
    No, no pictures as far as I know. I'm about as arabic as apple pie at this stage though so that wouldn't matter anyway! Unless some of me photoshopping was sent.

What did the reply you get say? Was it a form email? Or a cosy private email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

No more Veronica Mars ever. Boo-urns. And while the last two episodes rocked, they did leave me with a decided lack of resolution. Stupid CW...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I am absolutely dying of a cold... Very woozy, equations not making sense, working at about 20% efficiency. I've never been sick during exams before. What the fook kind of rotten luck is this to get it during finals.

This sucks donkey balls so much. I want to crush something

paperclip wrote:
    What did the reply you get say? Was it a form email? Or a cosy private email?
    nah, it was a very generic type "thank you for your email of support" type thing. I really wonder sometimes.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I am absolutely dying of a cold... Very woozy, equations not making sense, working at about 20% efficiency. I've never been sick during exams before. What the fook kind of rotten luck is this to get it during finals.

This sucks donkey balls so much. I want to crush something

That sucks man..

Unrelated matter - met your flatmate, he seems pretty cool.
    Last saw him in Quarentine for some exam. Seemed like the invigilator actually hauled him away from the rest of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Anyone know if it's possible to get student loans in Ireland? (Ie not the standard travel ones)

Am thinking of repeating the year, and need money. :(

• I'm sick with about 5 different things as well. I've never had the best health but from 2 weeks before exams started to now it's really affected my revision/performance. There's no way I can afford to repeat 4th year though so i must soldier on! Have to stay up to about 1am as well since I haven't had time to get through all the material :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Bleh, emailed the local returning officer about getting a public pass to the count, and the prick hasnt gotten back to me - democracy at its best :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ouchies, does suck to be sick for exams, i missed 3 - 4 months of last year with whooping cough, that was fun.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

Pet wrote:
    Anyone know if it's possible to get student loans in Ireland? (Ie not the standard travel ones)

Am thinking of repeating the year, and need money. :(

Yeah they exist. They don't exist in the super duper interest frees one that they do in Australia. I got one with AIB and I'm paying about 11% on it. i think agent smith got his with TSB or BOI which offered first year interest free or something.

TBH this loan has been a pain in the arse. I had to get it but it's really just put me off stuff. I'm not going to tell you what to do but failing is rarely the intelligent option.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i think agent smith got his with TSB or BOI which offered first year interest free or something.
    I got Mine with AIB, Its not interest free, but its at a low rate ( cant remember off the top of my head )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement