Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

I paid the fine. It's obviously my responcibility at the end of the day,no arguement there, it's just annoying when you get used to relying on something, and than it stops working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

rofl, i found the email.

rant receded

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

*Retracted.

Moan? Rant? Some sort of mega-tiredness hit me halfway through my exam today, I could barely finish, and most of what I wrote was complete crap. I'd say I passed, but I would have liked to have gotten a II.1 in that exam, because it was possible. Darn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

*sniffle*

*cough*

*sniffle, sniffle*

*splutter*

*sniffle*

*cough*

*choke*

*sniffle*

*sneeze, sneeze*

*splutter*

*sniffle*

oh the joys of being ill while on holiday.

I'm just realising that I'm quite under-prepared for an exam tomorrow afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Myth wrote:
    I'm just realising that I'm quite under-prepared for an exam tomorrow afternoon.
    Join the club :3

• For everyone I know that's repeating final year they never took the exams. So you really can't fail and then attempt to try again. Nor can you do them, then realise your result isn't what you want and try again. However, I'm sure with genuine medical/sympathetic reasons there would be something done (they might just raise your mark to a pass.

However, in UCD (to the best of my knowledge) you can fail 4th year and repeat it.

I think it is unfair for the college not to let people repeat if they just hugely **** up due to their own laziness, undiagnosed depression or whatever. However, I wouldn't like to see the situation of people repeating so they get a 1st as opposed to a high 2.2 or something like that.

Why not? You can still get a 2:2 while you're sick/depressed during exams. ****ing them up doesn't mean failing - for me anyway. It's practically impossible to fail my course. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to repeat if you feel capable of getting a 1st and have got it in continual assessment and previous years. I hate this system where you have one chance at everything, as far as I know it's not like that in any other country. Having a second chance doesn't mean you're 'cheating', you still have to do all the work over again and sit the exams. I think its ludicrous that four years work can be thrown away in one week of exams. I hate the whole system in fact, I think it makes things overly stressful and there's no need for that. It's supposed to be for learning, not a competition to see who can memorise the most stuff and not crack under pressure. I don't get it. I don't think it makes college look prestigious or anything (look at Harvard, it doesn't have this system), it's just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You mean 4th years here aren't even allowed do 4th year all over again? I thought not being able to repeat in august was bad enough...
    NUIM has repeats in august and you can of course pay the fees and resit the year... cant repeat more than 3 exams in august though. well you can, but the mark will be cut off at 40% so if you're desperate to go from a fail to pass it's fine but that's it.

****ing insomnia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Pet wrote:
    ****ing insomnia.
    You always have it at the same time as me. Stop emulating me.

• Advertisement

No, I think it is YOU who is emulating ME, Christine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I hate it when mom and dad fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Now, now, children. You can share your sleeplessness. Now shake hands and say you're sorry.
    Word to the wise: don't use this time while you're all insomniac as time to make difficult decisions. Trust me on this.

BOLLOCKS. I was waiting at the website since ****ING 9AM (tickets went onsale at 09:30), and even though I was fast when typing in my details, the tickets for Smashing Pumpkins' London gig sold out IN TWO ****ING MINUTES.

AAAAAAARGH. I AM SO ****ING PISSED OFF. FUUUUUUUUCK.

mcnzvsnjklsdjfklasjfklasjflkjf. *gnashing of teeth and shouting*

God damn insomnia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

sickness of the mind, sickness of the mind fever in the brain fever in the brain. Anyone ever been convinced they were going blind when hungover? Oh distress distress etc. Also, does anyone know if a dialysis machine would take these bad alcohol chemicals out of the bloodstream quickly? if so where can I avail of one? dear god the world is ending.

EDIT: anyone? Hmmm, you're all going into the little black book. Of doom! of course. I'll send the van around in t' morning with the boys in it they'll **** your **** up real gooooooooood.

oh dearie dearie me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Moan: Phlegm. Both for stuffing up my head and for being so ridiculously spelt.

Already had this written out but boards ate it so...

I signed up to myzone.tcd.ie a few days ago when the e-mail form ISS came around. I decided to leave it awhile, type of shiny thing that's curious to look at but which I'll get around to exploring in time. Anyways, what I didn't realise would happen was transferring over to it would cancel my existing forwarding to my other gmail account. So now I have library books overdue, and I missed 13 other e-mails over a matter of days (including some about exams).

Bah. I had almost made it through an exam period without getting any fines.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

thats weird i switched to it too but my emails are still being forwarded onto my olg gmail account

College is swarming with yanks. Ed is displeased.

• Advertisement

Dead Ed wrote:
    College is swarming with yanks. Ed is displeased.

You could set traps.

Seeing as we're posting in the third person, Ronan is very, very hungover. And has to host a party this evening, apparently. Woo...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Neil is heading out as far as the coast for a walk in a bit, but hates just how much of a pain in the arse it is to get there.

Pet wrote:
    Seeing as we're posting in the third person, Ronan is very, very hungover. And has to host a party this evening, apparently. Woo...
    can I go?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

yeah how come we weren't all invited?

It was only arranged late on Friday night, due to laziness/procrastination/forgetfulness on my part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newb

Dead Ed wrote:
    College is swarming with yanks.

All looking for "Kelly's book".

suffering, suffering....suffering.......... hangover, concussion, and several random injuries i'm not quite sure how i got......

fookin collarbone got a ding and I'm not sure how. damn.

• Advertisement

just had to out do me didn't ye? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement