Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

uh o, just found 3 more cuts on my head....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Spent today either in sweaty shivering fits on my bed or throwing my ring up in the sink. Not fun, only subsided about an hour or two ago. I think it was food poisoning

some **** out of one of the wounds leaked into my eye when i tried to sleep. OUCH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

My doggy got run over. I think she'll be alright, but I'm in a sensative place right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Spent today either in sweaty shivering fits on my bed or throwing my ring up in the sink. Not fun, only subsided about an hour or two ago. I think it was food poisoning
    hypochondriac.

• Advertisement

hypochondriac.
    Yes, because I imagined the diarrhea, fever and vomiting. Good one ed. :rolleyes:
    b.ie polar wrote:
    My doggy got run over. I think she'll be alright, but I'm in a sensitive place right now.
    My dog once decided it would be a good idea to sprint across a dual carriageway. His leg got pretty mashed up but he was okay in the end, so I know what you're going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Moan/Bitch (I'm never sure quite which classification to use): boyfriend has just left on a 3-month trip to Canadia. Bleh. Meanwhile, my summer plans have gone tits-up now that two of the girls I am/was going inter-railing with have gotten into a big fight over the apartment they were supposed to be sharing next year. And the air conditioners at work are banjaxed so the stock room is like a sauna. ****e day, really. And yet:
    b.ie_polar wrote:
    My doggy got run over. I think she'll be alright, but I'm in a sensitive place right now.

That's really awful, b.ie - hopefully she'll be OK. In the meantime, vodka will make the worry and the bad feelings go away.

She's grand now. Running around like nothing happened. Brought her to the emergency vet in UCD, and the only thing they seemed to be worried about was gum disease, so I knew from there she'd be fine.

Still, I've had a recurring nightmare for as long as I've had her (12 odd years) of seeing her being run over. When it actually happened, it was so like my dreams I wondered if I was actually asleep. Had to carry her home so my clothes were all covered in blood, which was also kind of surreal. Can't stop thinking how close she came to going under a wheel.

Oh, and Shay, if you're stuck for holiday plans you should totally come visit me in San Fransisco.

Glad to hear that your dogs ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

shay_562 wrote:
    Moan/Bitch (I'm never sure quite which classification to use): boyfriend has just left on a 3-month trip to Canadia. Bleh. Meanwhile, my summer plans have gone tits-up now that two of the girls I am/was going inter-railing with have gotten into a big fight over the apartment they were supposed to be sharing next year. And the air conditioners at work are banjaxed so the stock room is like a sauna. ****e day, really. And yet:

wait like two weeks you go interrailing with me!!!

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Yes, because I imagined the diarrhea, fever and vomiting. Good one ed. :rolleyes:
    That's what I said. Without the rolling eyes.

Well if that does be the case at least I believe it. There are guns, and they shall be stuck to! You know what ed, I'm gonna pay you possibly the worst insult I can for accusations of wolf crying. I'm gonna compare you to Senator John Kerry. Flippity floppity all talk lip-service blackguard (note this Bluffer, how that is an english word has a silent "ck").
    Stand behind your bigotry man! Grow a pair...

b.ie_polar wrote:
    She's grand now. Running around like nothing happened. Brought her to the emergency vet in UCD, and the only thing they seemed to be worried about was gum disease, so I knew from there she'd be fine.

Glad to hear it!
    b.ie_polar wrote:
    Oh, and Shay, if you're stuck for holiday plans you should totally come visit me in San Fransisco.

Much as I'd love to see San Fransisco, I think one trans-Atlantic jaunt per summer is all my bank balance can take - I'll be in Florida at the end of August anyway, which features noticeably less Golden Gate Bridge but 82% more Disneyland. On balance, you can see why Disneyland wins.
    wait like two weeks you go interrailing with me!!!

Well so far, the core of the group (ie, the three of us who went to secondary school together) are still all going, so the bones of the original plan still stand (and as such, dropping out = A Bad Thing). It's just the other three people whose interrailing futures are highly questionable. Things aren't at "the trip is cancelled" levels of bad yet, it's just all a bit bollox and not the best way to start things off.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Well if that does be the case at least I believe it. There are guns, and they shall be stuck to! You know what ed, I'm gonna pay you possibly the worst insult I can for accusations of wolf crying. I'm gonna compare you to Senator John Kerry. Flippity floppity all talk lip-service blackguard (note this Bluffer, how that is an english word has a silent "ck").
    Stand behind your bigotry man! Grow a pair...
    Wolf crying accusations have as little to do with mr. Kerry and his affinity for that particular type of footwear as the incomprehensible nature of your post has to insult anyone. Get back to your drinking, you're not finished yet. You'll notice towards the end of your exam rehabilitation period that the ability of small and inconsequential remarks to irritate you will have diminished to the point that they don't merit reply. I should also add that I'm surprised that the republicans' smear campaign on kerry worked 3000 miles away.

shay_562 wrote:
    Much as I'd love to see San Fransisco, I think one trans-Atlantic jaunt per summer is all my bank balance can take - I'll be in Florida at the end of August anyway, which features noticeably less Golden Gate Bridge but 82% more Disneyland. On balance, you can see why Disneyland wins.
    Wow. You turn down the opportunity to go to San Fran, and actually sound gayer for it. I'm impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

can't. stop. sneezing.
    (or coughing).
    gah.

Also, moving back to Meath tomorrow/Friday - last few days in Halls! Booh-urns to that, I say.

b.ie polar wrote:
    Wow. You turn down the opportunity to go to San Fran, and actually sound gayer for it. I'm impressed

...I'm not sure if that's an insult or a compliment, so I'm choosing to take it as the latter. It was the use of the word "jaunt", wasn't it?

shay_562 wrote:
    ...I'm not sure if that's an insult or a compliment, so I'm choosing to take it as the latter.
    Good.

What a crappy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Myth wrote:
    What a crappy day.

Just when it looked like summer was here :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Indeed.

Imagine working outdoors while it's like this.

ewh...

Feelin a leeetle queezy today after last night. Have to meet head of school now in a few minutes in this state

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

knackered after doing just two dances in that place up in Monkstown . have to get back in shape for fencing training. you would have believed that i was fencing for ireland only 1 month and half ago in the student five nations im that unfit. it's amazing what exams do to you. results out next week!

Sombre results day for the Physics and Chemistry of advanced materials class of 07 today.
    They seem to be going quite hard on the physical sciences this year (see chemistry results) I'm not looking forward to our results on friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Good luck Apex

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

we still don't know when our results are coming out. the pass/ fail vivas are tomorrow ..so i wonder how long we'll have to wait after that.

ouchies for them.... pav on friday then dec?

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Sombre results day for the Physics and Chemistry of advanced materials class of 07 today.
    They seem to be going quite hard on the physical sciences this year (see chemistry results) I'm not looking forward to our results on friday :(
    Let me know how you get on.

Unless you do badly, in which case I have little or no interest in consoling you.

But I'm sure you'll do well.

We got an e-mail today from the School...

Senior Sophister: 1 pm, Monday, 25 June, 2007
    Junior Sophister: 1 pm, Monday, 2 July, 2007
    All Freshman: 1 pm, Friday, 6 July, 2007

1pm is earlier than previous years if I recall correctly. I seem to remember the results coming out at 2pm, 3pm and 5pm before.

• Advertisement

ouchies for them.... pav on friday then dec?
    Indeed
    b.ie polar wrote:
    Let me know how you get on.

Unless you do badly, in which case I have little or no interest in consoling you.

But I'm sure you'll do well.
    Okay...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement