Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

My results came out - my 2.2 became a fail thanks to one course. ****.

I've never had to repeat before. goddamn supplementals.

&#231 wrote: »

Ouchies. Sorry to hear that.

My two rants...

Firstly, I just cycled home from town and as I was going through Rathmines, a taxi soaked me by driving through a puddle. Tbh, it was raining anyways so I didn't really give two ****s at that stage, but it's still a bit sucky getting splashed.

Secondly, Engineering have updated their internal results page - which means that the results must just be sitting in a database, waiting to be accessed, but I've to wait until Monday before the magic switch is pulled. Bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Myth wrote:
    Ouchies. Sorry to hear that.

My two rants...

Firstly, I just cycled home from town and as I was going through Rathmines, a taxi soaked me by driving through a puddle. Tbh, it was raining anyways so I didn't really give two ****s at that stage, but it's still a bit sucky getting splashed.

Secondly, Engineering have updated their internal results page - which means that the results must just be sitting in a database, waiting to be accessed, but I've to wait until Monday before the magic switch is pulled. Bah.

I've never understood why they don't just give it to you as soon as possible. Methinks they get joy out of seeing how many people log in just on the off chance that the results are put up earlier than expected.
    I'm next friday....not looking forward to it. :(

paperclip wrote:
    I've never understood why they don't just give it to you as soon as possible. Methinks they get joy out of seeing how many people log in just on the off chance that the results are put up earlier than expected.
    I'm next friday....not looking forward to it. :(

I think it's done in steps on purpose - if Exams office had to release results for all 15,000 students in one day, they might find themselves somewhat busy. Plus the support services for students may be overwhelmed if too many are released on the same day.

Doesn't change how I want to know now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Which brings me to the next part- how come each individual department doesn't deal with the results on their own? Seems like it would make things simpler.
    Agree with you on your final sentence though. GIVE THEM TO US, DARNIT.

• Advertisement

paperclip wrote:
    Which brings me to the next part- how come each individual department doesn't deal with the results on their own? Seems like it would make things simpler.
    Agree with you on your final sentence though. GIVE THEM TO US, DARNIT.

Engineering has it's own internal system which gives you the breakdown of your personal results, and there's the standard PDF with everyone on tcd.ie/Examinations/Results.

If you're referring to the release of results to be organised per department, well that just sounds like a logistical nightmare. For further reference on how to **** up exams, see UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

&#231 wrote: »

Hey sorry to hear that. Come get stupidily drunk tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Ick, so many important academic decisions. So much confusion.

Hey sorry to hear that. Come get stupidily drunk tomorrow.
    I shall contemplate it. moving house tomorrow so shall see what i'm doing in the evening. ring me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

My first rant: fell down a store room hatch in my friend's pub today whilst helping him look for lost keys. walking along behind the bar then boom! one leg caught out of the hatch and the rest of me half way down it. my ankle and arse hurt so badly. also i have to work tomorrow morning at 9am but i can't walk! sheeet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Both my sister and my mother are away, meaning I have to iron my own shirts. Oh, the humanity! And they're only going to get crumpled again as I desperately try and make space in my suitcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I'll need to get some tips of where to visit when you come back man. Looks like I'll also be in sunny sanfran sometime within the next year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

My throat feels like it's slowly closing in - it really hurts to swallow and it feels like its doubled in size. Stupid throat.

/rant

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I'll need to get some tips of where to visit when you come back man. Looks like I'll also be in sunny sanfran sometime within the next year
    Sure. Although I must inform you that I have little intention of surviving this summer. I intend to party from start to finish. We've even booked a hotel room for tomorrow night to begin the festivities.

Well if you can write me a few scribbled notes while you're there, that the relevant authorities can deliver posthumously to me, that's fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

The shower of c*nts. Won't let me work until I get my social security number even though I have a letter from the social security c*nts and USIT stating it's legal for me to work.

Shower of bastards.

One word... two syllables

Manwhore

Ibid wrote:
    The shower of c*nts. Won't let me work until I get my social security number even though I have a letter from the social security c*nts and USIT stating it's legal for me to work.

Shower of bastards.
    Doubt it will be of much use if they won't accept a letter from social security, but there is a 'Dear Employer' letter on the CIEE website that might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dave3x

Yup, that one from CIEE cites all the relevant legal passages and therfore sounds oh-so-official.

Thanks lads, but I'm not that unprepared. Had it (in a plastic folder and all!) with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

Bloody smokers at the entrance to the arts block. I have to run a smoky gauntlet every time I wish to get to Dawson street. Its feckin indoors ffs. *Coughs* They've done untold damage to my respiratory system *coughs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Moorsy

*Coughs* *coughs*

Seems you have a pretty unhealthy cough there might wanna get that checked out.

Recycling guys came by to pick up large household furniture this morning. Great you say! cept for the fact that when I was woken up by the sound of stuff smashing where they dropped it etc - all out in front of my place. which means I had to go sweep it up after. Didnt want any of the kids who play out there falling on it.

Bloody smokers at the entrance to the arts block. I have to run a smoky gauntlet every time I wish to get to Dawson street. Its feckin indoors ffs. *Coughs* They've done untold damage to my respiratory system *coughs*
    I got onto the College Health Officer about this a couple of months ago. He told me he'd be putting up more signs to deter people. TBH I think the only way it will stop is if the Dept of Health/Office of Tobacco Control/Thought Police are given a tip-off and the College gets a couple of fines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Sweet Jesus, gossip travels fast... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

shay_562 wrote:
    Sweet Jesus, gossip travels fast... :(

Gossip is like a force of nature, you can't stop it, but some times you can focus and direct it. Also after a might you realise who the people are that gossip and simply cut them out of your life. It's less hassle in the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I think cutting people who gossip out of my life might end up cutting out roughly 97% of the people I know, myself included, but I get the sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

shay_562 wrote:
    I think cutting people who gossip out of my life might end up cutting out roughly 97% of the people I know, myself included, but I get the sentiment.

It'd be thomas on his own, in a world where everyone in honourable. i think the root of your problem really lies in the size of the breats spreading the gossip. They enchant the listeners.

*hugs* you'll be ok *hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Theres times in everyone's life where the **** hits the fan and everything starts spinning out of control. In those situations its the 3% you'll want around not the 97%, once you come to that conclusion, what use are the 97% the rest of the time? If someone is telling you the latest development in their "best" friends private life, personally, I make a little note never to tell that person anything. Doesn't stop gossip, but seriously limits its affects. You probably do gossip(when theres not expectation of privacy), but I bet there's specific people/topics you'd never gossip about, at least thats the way for me.

To anyone else reading this, it might appear that I know what the shays orginal post was about, I don't. Its just I've seen too many Friends and Relationships fall apart due to BS rumors and gossip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

My class got their results yesterday. I didn't :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement