Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Wheres KEv when you need him, he would have the answer... and Photos.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Stargal wrote:
    Are you two going out?

Does the pope have a selection of Hats?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Does the pope have a selection of Hats?
    Um, does he? I suppose he has a few different mitres (but don't they always look pretty similar?) and then a few of the ones that look like a skullcap, so does that count as a selection? But then he probably has casual wear too (Vatican City baseball hats), maybe a few top hats for formal wear etc so I guess the answer is Yes. I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

You people are sooo behind on your gossip! Myself and europerson were texting furiously about eye-witness reports of hand-holdage months ago.

Stargal wrote:
    Um, does he? I suppose he has a few different mitres (but don't they always look pretty similar?) and then a few of the ones that look like a skullcap, so does that count as a selection? But then he probably has casual wear too (Vatican City baseball hats), maybe a few top hats for formal wear etc so I guess the answer is Yes. I think.

I've always wondered whether the pope hides anything in the hat. Plus I'm reminded of the South Park episode which reveals how a rabbit is meant to be pope due to the rabbit ears fitting the mitre perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

b.ie polar wrote:
    You people are sooo behind on your gossip! Myself and europerson were texting furiously about eye-witness reports of hand-holdage months ago.
    it was also posted on here at that time... and if any of ye ran into hills in the flesh she was walking up to random people and telling them...

Yep, even I knew that they were going out..

b.ie polar wrote:
    Shoot. I forgot I was supposed to be in a sulk. Ah well. I can never stay mad at you guys. Mwah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Stargal wrote:
    Are you two going out?

Yep.

Yep.
    Then it's not sappy to admit that you're going to miss your boyfriend when you're not going to get to see each other for 6 or 7 weeks. In fact it'd be kinda weird if you didn't acknowledge that you would.

Unfortunate rant/bitch/moan du jour: My mum and one of my sisters just said that they don't believe in evolution.

I just don't have the words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i do,
    LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

Boston wrote:
    Wheres KEv when you need him, he would have the answer... and Photos.

I thought it was common knowledge. I've seen them holding hands. I think holding hands is quite sweet and I think it's one of the first things you miss about someone when you're away from them or stop going out with them. So Awayinthehills and himself, Boston and himself, Crash and herself, Stargal and himself and I think Angry and herself are the boards.ie related couples I've seen hand in hand. I'm not sure if all those couples are still going out with each other but I kinda hope that they are. I've never seen Apex and Ed holding hands but i'm sure it's only a matter of time before the PDA begin.

What about that girl I saw you bringing in and out of goldsmith hall or are you just a playa?

Stargal wrote:
    Unfortunate rant/bitch/moan du jour: My mum and one of my sisters just said that they don't believe in evolution.

I just don't have the words.
    Myself and my dad had a drunken shouting match about evolution. His point was that if there was a myriad of in-between monkey-men, how come none of them are around now. Yet the much less evolved chimps and gorillas are still around.

On a cool, evolutiony note, I saw Lucy (the Australopithecus afarensis skeleton) in the Natural History Museum.

b.ie polar wrote:
    Myself and my dad had a drunken shouting match about evolution. His point was that if there was a myriad of in-between monkey-men, how come none of them are around now. Yet the much less evolved chimps and gorillas are still around.
    Nice. My mam riffed for a while about the development of souls, and how they couldn't have just appeared one day so God had to have a hand in it.
    So Awayinthehills and himself, Boston and himself, Crash and herself, Stargal and himself and I think Angry and herself are the boards.ie related couples I've seen hand in hand.
    Plus Myth and herself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

b.ie polar wrote:
    On a cool, evolutiony note, I saw Lucy (the Australopithecus afarensis skeleton) in the Natural History Museum.
    I can trump that. The Dead Sea Scrolls are currently on display in San Diego.

Also, there's no exclusivity between ensoulment and evolution.

Stargal wrote:
    Then it's not sappy to admit that you're going to miss your boyfriend when you're not going to get to see each other for 6 or 7 weeks. In fact it'd be kinda weird if you didn't acknowledge that you would.

Yeah but I'd been trying to maintain a veneer of not overly attachted or sentimentalness. And very very very much failing. But trying.

Ah well god/evolution loves a tryer.:p

Ibid wrote:
    I can trump that. The Dead Sea Scrolls are currently on display in San Diego.
    One word: Dinosaurs.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Be grateful you weren't at the front line of the CRAZY as it happened. But it did give me a very good excuse to avoid Schols study, so I was grateful.
    Facing into 7 weeks of not seeing ilovemybrick very much. Or at all for 6 of them.

Aw, I'm sorry. I recommend a mixture of work and vodka (though not at the same time); really makes the weeks fly by. *hugs*

Re: Evolution, really, it makes perfect sense. I mean, how could scientists have found fossils that are millions of years old when we all know God only created the Earth about 6,000 years ago? I blame Satan and his trickery...goat-legged bastard.

Stargal wrote:
    Nice. My mam riffed for a while about the development of souls, and how they couldn't have just appeared one day so God had to have a hand in it.

Plus Myth and herself?
    plus myth and herself, rob kearns and herself (does herself have a username here) and even a rare sighting of xeducat and herself.

• Advertisement

shay_562 wrote:
    Be grateful you weren't at the front line of the CRAZY as it happened. But it did give me a very good excuse to avoid Schols study, so I was grateful.

Harrumph!!!

As if you were looking for excuses to avoid study.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

im starving and it's raining. again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

b.ie polar wrote:

That is way cooler than the Dead Sea Scrolls. Early copies of the bible<<<<3 million year old ancestor

plus myth and herself, rob kearns and herself (does herself have a username here) and even a rare sighting of xeducat and herself.

Still no mention of yourself and herself?

We broke up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Sorry bro...
    Breakups suck ass anyway, but it always seems to weigh less on the person who did the breaking, so I hope it was you but if not you have my sympathies.

I missed my nitelink. Not intentionally at all, it actually left 3 minutes early. I arrived 2 minutes early and I ran after it and banged on the doors at the traffic lights to no avail. Tosspots. So I returned to Dead_Ed's flat in temple bar and proceeded to play computer games and drink 2 bottles of wine with the man himself (who has a meeting with his boss in the morning. I <3 Dead_Ed). So.... I'm relatively happy. Is the college website down? I'm trying to sign into something for tomorrow and it's not working on this connection! Gick... I'll try again in the morning. I'm sure it works at least on college computers themselves I hope at least. Grrr! Fair play to b.ie_polar getting a new hostel though. One other thing that makes me happy.

Ok I think sleep be in order.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

shay_562 wrote:
    You avoided studying for schols because ilovemybrick and hils were going out? Damm, you are dedicated to the Cause

i'm going to play devils Advocate here...
    shay_562 wrote:
    Re: Evolution, really, it makes perfect sense. I mean, how could scientists have found fossils that are millions of years old when we all know God only created the Earth about 6,000 years ago? I blame Satan and his trickery...goat-legged bastard.

Surely an All Knowing and All Powerfull Lord Could Put them there to test or Faith? And people who Question the Lords Will and Plan, go to hell, allong with the usual batch of sinners, Rapeists,murders,lefties....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I missed my nitelink. Not intentionally at all, it actually left 3 minutes early. I arrived 2 minutes early and I ran after it and banged on the doors at the traffic lights to no avail. Tosspots. So I returned to Dead_Ed's flat in temple bar and proceeded to play computer games and drink 2 bottles of wine with the man himself (who has a meeting with his boss in the morning. I <3 Dead_Ed). So.... I'm relatively happy. Is the college website down? I'm trying to sign into something for tomorrow and it's not working on this connection! Gick... I'll try again in the morning. I'm sure it works at least on college computers themselves I hope at least. Grrr! Fair play to b.ie_polar getting a new hostel though. One other thing that makes me happy.

Ok I think sleep be in order.
    You drunk bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Any god who has so little to do that he spends his days "testing peoples faith" is really a bit of a bitter git, methinks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I think Joe's knowledge of theology is somewhat lacking there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement