Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dead Ed wrote:
    Hillary types like she talks!

Edit: I was tryin to Pm boston (old chap, bad internet). I found the entire saxon discography it's class. (no maiden though!)

I just have the best off 3 CDs is enough for moi.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Hence why I'm going to Tesco. Last time I siddled in, got the book which i hadn't order and paid less for than in a bookshop and was home all in about 10minutes. Far quicker and less hysterical than queing in town. And less rainy.

I went to the midnight opening in Hodges Figgis for the sixth book. I didn't plan on doing it but I had a copy ordered and was in town anyway. It was great fun, everyone was excited and dressed up. The staff handed out wordsearches and I found all the words.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Major Bitch: i was washing a coffee pot, when it shattared in my hand, and i now face the very serrious possiablity that i may lose the use of one of my fingers, as i've severed the tendon.
    i'll find out in the morning if there is anything that can be done.

mini-woohoo, people have been carrying stuff for me all day!

Ouch! Good luck with that!

Gah! Hope you get better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Ouch. Good luck with that. Fingers are useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Major Bitch: i was washing a coffee pot, when it shattared in my hand, and i now face the very serrious possiablity that i may lose the use of one of my fingers, as i've severed the tendon.
    i'll find out in the morning if there is anything that can be done.

mini-woohoo, people have been carrying stuff for me all day!
    Ah you'll be grand. Cable ties are your friend. Also, cauterise it with boiling tar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Jesus, that's terrible, hope you're ok. /inserts concerned-looking smilie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Hope it gets better...and ouch (to put it mildly)

Is it an important finger?

• Advertisement

Well, any news? Will your finger fing again?

Just read the indo there. THe whole ****ing thing seems to be devoted to some murdered chick (the O' Reilly one). Sad or whatever it may be to those that are involved in it, I'd prefer to read some actual news rather than a buncha hacks ****ting on and pretending to be shocked and "devastated"! The best way to shock these is to tape the ****ers to a church spire during a bastard thunderstorm. Shocking. Is it "make a newspaper as cheaply as possible day"? Or am I just missing out on something because the other sixty odd murders commited in Ireland each year (many of them by spouses etc) apparently don't warrant 25 odd pages of a national bloody newspaper. Did she know someone or something?

85339742a5061859093l.jpg

32 stitches

its gonna be ok folks! well, about 90% strength ok.

god this takes a long time to type with one hand strung up!

85339742a5061859093l.jpg

32 stitches

its gonna be ok folks! well, about 90% strength ok.

god this takes a long time to type with one hand strung up!

Ouch. Well at least you have your finger.

*hugs*

lesson of the day folks....

dont **** with glass

AHHH My sister is being a total tool. Ugh, I want to strangel her.

AHHHHH.

So bad that my mum rang me to get me to talk to her and then she rang my mum to say that my mum shouldn't have said anthing about her ****ty behaviour to me.

FFS. She will not get that lost between o'connel street and glasnevin. She's 17 not 2 and blessed with a sense of direction unlike me.

UGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

My third time in Dublin airport in 2 weeks. Now counting this one, all three times my flight have been delayed. The first was the worst, first it was delayed 20 mins, then it went to take off but just drove the length of the runway, then we waited for an hour on the plane, we got off, waited another hour, got on another (working) plane and went on our merry way.

This one isn't so bad, it's only 30 mins or so (I'm on wireless at gate C46). But in another way it's much worse. This means when I arrive in Copenhagen I will likely miss the last train to Roskilde, and from Roskilde I will most DEFINITELY miss the last bus to Risø laboratory north of there. Hmm... damnit, taxis are über expensive in denmark. The latter one is only 6km and will cost me about 150DKK (over €20). Ghey... stupid airport. Stupid wireless costing money. Stupid money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Pfft, I was in transit for over 24 hours yesterday. Much of that in LA, the crappest city on earth.

But at least I am now comfortably in bed at nearly 4pm :).

Been up since 2.30am and managed to get me and my sense of direction from Dublin to Bratislava to Vienna to the Hostel by 1pm this afternoon. Admittedly there was a plane and a bus and someone giving me directions involved...and that should really be a wohoo but gah... im doing little bits of this alone such as now and everyone in the hostel appears to speak german. GAHHH...ah well maybe I'll feel better when I've slept. I mean there's hope at least.

Can't wait to see Shay_562 on Saturday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Fucking Ryanair. Bastards.

I had booked a flight to Edinburgh for 03/08 (tomorrow), back when I planned to live there for the month of August. Now that my plans have changed, I decide to change my flights.

I discovered, much to my chagrin, that to change a flight costs €30 each way. So I'd be better off just booking another flight, because it works out cheaper.

Undeterred, I then ring Ryanair to cancel my flight, and attempt to get some money back (as well as the taxes and fees, I paid €35 for baggage and insurance), only to discover that they don't do refunds of insurance, baggage or their taxes and charges, and all I'm eligible to be refunded is €14 in Government tax.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Ryanair charge a "refund administration fee" of €21 - so I get nothing back. At all. Not a red cent.

Fuuuuuuck you, Ryanair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Nobody told me there were mosquitos in this country. I fell asleep with my window open and the reading light on, and when I woke I was completely surrounded by the yokes. At least I discovered I've a mild allergy to the things too. Nice big swollen lumps wherever they bit me (and manys the example to joyously study with the aid of my fingernails). One was on the tip of my finger and now it looks like I've de-stoned and olive and perched on top as a strange misguided act of defiance against the norm.

Thank god the mother packed itch cream...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

only the female mosquitos bite (Culex mosquitoes)http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/deptmpl.asp?url=/content/dep/mosquito/facts.asp..

was planning to cycle from sandymount to howth today on my new bike but unfortunetly it was lashing rain for much of the day :(

waited an hour in the lashing rain coming from castleknock for a bus.

stupid rain..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

looks like i'll be in to see the lights of the lloyd switch off again...

It's cavernous in the dark.

I was just at the shop buying stuff after a few beers. I bought sausages (which is a major woohoo, though they didn't have burgers) but forgot to get milk, which means my fry in the morning will be lacking a cup of tea :(

Or it will just be a very black cup of tea. As black as the Lloyd when the lights are off.

Stupid builders with their stupid hammers and the stupid alarm sensors that they were stupidly hammering...

And my supervisor wants a 15 page overview of my dissertation..

And I'm hungover.

Stupid Wine

John wrote:
    Or it will just be a very black cup of tea. As black as the Lloyd when the lights are off.

Still not good.
    Stupid builders with their stupid hammers and the stupid alarm sensors that they were stupidly hammering...

And my supervisor wants a 15 page overview of my dissertation..

And I'm hungover.

Stupid Wine

Did you get sitebanned or did I imagine your name on the boards.ie banlist?

• Advertisement

Myth wrote:
    Still not good.

But still better than nothing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement