Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Myth wrote:
    Did you get sitebanned or did I imagine your name on the boards.ie banlist?
    It was one of Talliesin's last acts before he stepped down as mod. Too harsh though, so it was repealed.

Yep - admins reversed the decision though.

Talliesins gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

What did you do to piss off talli? He's not gone either.

He's stepped down as a Mod (and an SMod too, apparently) a few days ago. Although it seems that someone deleted his entire account when they were trying to remove his mod privileges, so he's been relegated to posting on PI.

I knew he had quit as a mod, but I didn't think he'd quit boards totally

• Advertisement

I knew he had quit as a mod, but I didn't think he'd quit boards totally
    I didn't say he'd quit boards totally, I said someone accidentally deleted his account and now he can only post in PI (where you can post unregged) until his account is undeleted (?).

totally misred that! anyways, enough conversational posts!

rant - its raining and there is no food in the house and I'm hungry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

FECKIN MOSQUITOS!

I've counted 27 bites on me. That includes 3 on my face. The ones on my legs and arms are the worst, like the diameter of tennis balls and swollen to boot. The constant, almost agonising itchiness is really very disruptive.

Bit them back. Or do the old 'deodorant can with a lighter' trick near them. Or, you could see if you can copy this guy's idea, and extend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Meh, humidity. :( Plus my knee hurts from the fartleks I did last night.

• Advertisement

It's now closing on 7pm (CET), I've been alone here in the lab for nearly three hours. I've been in the lab for nearly 11. My good intentions of going to the gym are thrashed since I'm falling asleep. I'm waiting on this lovely american (who can't get over that I'm irish and in denmark, for some reason) that I keep needing to phone. She's going to email me some update or somesuch which I then have to install cos the other ones weren't working. I have to stay because all of this really expensive equipment might aswell be a big paperweight if the software doesn't work, and all the really expensive researchers might as well be at home if the equipment isn't of any use.

EDIT: Update! The system works! I can have dinner! :D And the lovely american just sent me an apologetic email:

"Declan, I’m so sorry for all your troubles with this, which apparently I caused! Such important matters shouldn’t be left to unknowing and misinformed underlings such as me. I do hope everything works smoothly for you from now on.

Best regards,

Kris
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Boink her.

She's in Michigan... And by the sounds of her, a few years my senior. There's a 7 hour time difference, hence why I was so late in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Went to Dublin today to find accommodation for next year, failed miserably.:mad:

P.S Looking for two bed apartment for three people for around 1200 a month, any help would be greatly appreciated(incoming student). Thanks.

dan719 wrote:
    Went to Dublin today to find accommodation for next year, failed miserably.:mad:

P.S Looking for two bed apartment for three people for around 1200 a month, any help would be greatly appreciated(incoming student). Thanks.

See other thread. Tbh thats pretty difficult from what I've been told.(I mean the one single and two people sharing a room) to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

fecking ticketmaster.
    that is all.

actually no.
    fecking dimwit in shop who said sold out and then they werent because she had more under the counter and then THAT batch ran out one person in front of me in the queue.

and many other arghs

Boston wrote:
    See other thread. Tbh thats pretty difficult from what I've been told.(I mean the one single and two people sharing a room) to get.

There were a couple of those in Rathmines, 1,300 a month or so though..

fecking ticketmaster.
    that is all.

actually no.
    fecking dimwit in shop who said sold out and then they werent because she had more under the counter and then THAT batch ran out one person in front of me in the queue.

and many other arghs
    That sucks :(

I got tickets though so I'm very very very very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

fecking ticketmaster.
    that is all.

actually no.

and many other arghs

*hugs*

you can go on a bender to London instead.

Or just go to London instead, possibly without the bender.

Crap day at work

Also saw Blood Diamond - best film that I saw all year but lefty me feeling really ****ty

• Advertisement

Crap day at work

Also saw Blood Diamond - best film that I saw all year but lefty me feeling really ****ty
    emm, the protrayal of africa was not nearly brutal enough, but alas a very good film, see hotel rowanda, then go read the wiki. If you like foreign langauge films I suggest "city of god" excellent film based on a true story also about has **** life is in basically a third world country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Last King of Scotland. Terrifyingly good.

Boston wrote:
    emm, the protrayal of africa was not nearly brutal enough, but alas a very good film,

I liked that bit - I've noticed in some films where there a large amount (but probably more accurate level of) brutality, you get somewhat desensitised and it starts to loose effect.

In Blood Diamond, it was personal enough to have an effect that was lasting throughout the film. But that could just be me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

I liked that bit - I've noticed in some films where there a large amount (but probably more accurate level of) brutality, you get somewhat desensitised and it starts to loose effect.

In Blood Diamond, it was personal enough to have an effect that was lasting throughout the film. But that could just be me!
    It's not accurate unless there's a red river of human bodyparts flowing through the jungle (Rwanda a few years back) and twelve year olds shooting their mothers (it's worse than that too). Blood diamond was one of those contrived little shites of a film designed to pull at the heart strings and make folks buy more expensive "clean diamonds". Ironically, and as an aside, who do you see sporting most of the flash diamonds and jewellery? Here's a clue: Bling Bling. Also just watch the damn news and make up your own mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Anyone know any of those tour guides in college?

Boston wrote:
    emm, the protrayal of africa was not nearly brutal enough
    Blood Diamond's portrayal of Sierra Leone, according to my parents, is completely all off kilter too. Sure they they threw in a few token things irrelevant to the story; like the Krio dialect, palm wine (made from fermented tree sap) and Star beer. But it's the equivalent of filming a few people in Bavaria drinking guinness, spouting a word or two like "be-jaysus" and calling it Ireland.
    But of course the movie is made for westerners who pretty much see "Africa" as just one country. People forget it's the second largest continent, has the most countries of any, and a very diverse range of cultures.

The story was much much too soppy at the end for me, and that was the main thing that ruined what really could have been a good movie, inspite of the little faults.
    Dead Ed wrote:
    Padraig, TP outta my class is one I believe. I'm sure you've met him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

The two first years Ciaran and Hubie and then Elizabeth O'Brien.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Also, the ever dapper (and ever in Trinity) Rory Treanor.

Moan: My head, she aches. Also, re-writing things is pants. I just don't know where to begin...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

lump on side of neck............. bah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Starting to think this whole "3 holidays each separated by less than a day" thing was less-than-good planning on my part. So tired, gotta pack/do laundry/answer loads of emails/do 77481749849889billion random small chores, and try to get some sleep, all before my 7am flight tomorrow. Joy and joyness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement