Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote:
    Starting to think this whole "3 holidays each separated by less than a day" thing was less-than-good planning on my part.
    No... no, it really wasn't. Traveling takes it outta you something unreal. I feel your pain though, but through no fault of my own, unlike your goodself (i.e. you deserve no sympathy, I may deserve maybe a smidgin).
    I fly back on the evening of Sunday 2nd of Sept. On the morning of Tuesday the 4th I have to start my phd, move into campus AND fly to Zurich (to work on a synchrotron or something as part of my phd, wtf? I won't have a clue!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

AGHHH!! The points for TR112, Ah and Arch and Hist went back up from 500 to 510 and 510 is random selection...here's me on my 495..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I'm single again. cry.

I'm sorry bro. I'm sure a lovely Irish lass will hook you again when you come back though.

b.ie polar wrote:
    I'm single again. cry.

I'm sorry..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

b.ie polar wrote:
    I'm single again. cry.
    Deal with it like a man! Go Drinking!

Seriously though, that's ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Sorry b.ie, that's ****. I second Ed's recommendation for dealing with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭low

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I'm sorry bro. I'm sure a lovely Irish lass will hook you again when you come back though.

Do you actually believe that? Don't lie to the poor chap.

I do actually. Have you seen b.ie polar? He used to be a model...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭low

No, never. Well if he's a model ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I do actually. Have you seen b.ie polar? He used to be a model...
    He could marry Mariah Carey if he so desired. But, honestly, who would?

Sorry to hear that Mr. Polar. We go drinkies when we go back. I have a bottle of Jagermeister my workmates bought for me but I need me some Guinness.

Thankies. I was going to get wasted last night but the liquor store below my flat was closed by the time I got home from work. Probably do it tonight. And I won't be back until the start of Freshers' Week, by which time I should be over it. Not that there is much to get over. We still plan on seeing each other when she moves to London. Agh! Don't even want to think about it. Never should have gotten so involved when we knew we wouldn't see each other for a month and a half at the earliest. I hate women.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

b.ie polar wrote:
    I hate women.
    So you're saying you were lying when you said you loved us?

/slams door, runs off crying

Stargal wrote:
    So you're saying you were lying when you said you loved us?

/slams door, runs off crying
    You're a woman?:eek:

joke, before I get in trouble. Ms. Gal is a fine example of womanhood, and a fine example of humanity in general, as women are equal to men in every aspect except for those aspects in which they are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

b.ie polar wrote:
    Ms. Gal is a fine example of womanhood, and a fine example of humanity in general, as women are equal to men in every aspect except for those aspects in which they are better.
    Suck up.

We all know men are better. If it weren't for our ribs, where would women be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Best. One-liner. Ever. GG Ronny.

Rant: It´s 38 degrees Celsius here right now. No, I´m not kidding. Thirty-fucking-eight. I might die. I´m going to sit in this air-conditioned web cafe for another hour until it becomes tolerable again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

I keep getting bitten..August breeds all sorts of insects.

Dec had one job today when his supervisor wasn't here. Prepare a sample (Titanium Nitride deposited on.. the details dont matter). The process takes about 2-3 hours and consists of the following:

-Put sample in vacuum chamber and pump.
    -Heat sample to 700C
    -Fill chamber to 0.02mbar with Nitrogen
    -Analyse with high power electron diffraction
    -Fire laser at titanium target which grows a film on the sample
    -Analyse again with electron diffraction
    -Cool sample
    -Take out of chamber and give to girls in AFM (atomic force microscopy)

Dec, not once in these steps, but twice, managed to forget the step in bold italics. I understand once, but when he had to repeat the whole process for the specific reason he forgot about the gas, only to forget again! A whole bloody day wasted. Now I'm speeding through the process again (waiting for it to heat up), it's 18:30. I had such rich plans of going home really early today since my supervisor isn't in.

Stupid RTÉ with the 'break for the news' in the middle of Die Hard.

Myth wrote:
    My God, that's sacrilege!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Myth wrote:

Yes, it makes me want to put on a white vest and take off my shoes and kick RTE's Alan Rickmanesque ass.

I miss my girlfriend. I miss having money. I miss having a place of my own. I miss my family. I miss my dog. The only thing I don't miss is college.

My head hurts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

John wrote:
    Yes, it makes me want to put on a white vest and take off my shoes and kick RTE's Alan Rickmanesque ass.

lol, 20 euro for the Alan Rickmanesque ass kicking fund.

Boo. Somehow, my college computer account got locked out (while I was logged in), then I had to trek all the way over to Áras an Phiarsaigh and queue for ten minutes before they could sort me out.

And to think, I was actually getting some work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I hate study. so much. All i want now is to be finished studying, finished working , and free to go away for a couple of days down the country and chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Sweet holy Christ, jetlag is a killer. All I want to do is sleep, but I know if I do that now it'll only hurt me worse, so I've gotta stay awake. Bleeeeeech...

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

sitting quietly in rose garden enjoying the nice if cloudy day.i am content and serene.
    along come some tourists. i remain only moderately annoyed.
    they turn on music on a stereo. my level of annoyance elevates to peeved.
    one of them then unwraps her lunch and throws the several pieces of plastic into first the bush behind her, then a second piece into the cherry tree and the final plastic bottle is left on the grass. my levels of anger approach what is known as defcon 2 (ie the point where i loom ever so menacingly towards the ignorant moron and proceed to remind her of her ever so more shallow than average evolutionary curve)
    she then decides on her way out with her equally offensive to swing off the tree with leaves that almost touch the ground (correct me if i am mistake but i think it is a yew) and snaps a branch. i remain apoplectic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

sitting quietly in rose garden enjoying the nice if cloudy day.i am content and serene.
    along come some tourists. i remain only moderately annoyed.
    they turn on music on a stereo. my level of annoyance elevates to peeved.
    one of them then unwraps her lunch and throws the several pieces of plastic into first the bush behind her, then a second piece into the cherry tree and the final plastic bottle is left on the grass. my levels of anger approach what is known as defcon 2 (ie the point where i loom ever so menacingly towards the ignorant moron and proceed to remind her of her ever so more shallow than average evolutionary curve)
    she then decides on her way out with her equally offensive to swing off the tree with leaves that almost touch the ground (correct me if i am mistake but i think it is a yew) and snaps a branch. i remain apoplectic.
    Yew trees are poisonous as far as I know. Just be content that she may be dead now. That'#ll show 'em

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

Trinity don't cater for people who don't have credit cards or for people whose sister's credit cards can't go over 2000euro. I was trying to pay for Trinity Hall for the past week but they don't accept Laser cards for payments over 1500 and I couldn't use my sister's credit card because she has a limit so I spent this week going in and out of my bank, transfering money from here to there and then I find out there's a fine of 65euro for paying it in any other way!
    I've spent 3000euro on college already between fees and accomodation and it hasn't even started yet.:( Crazy.:eek:

So now I'm trying to find jobs, waiting for scholarship money to arrive, assuring my Dad that I'll be really employable with a degree in English and Psychology:o and tired after talking to post office lady for 20 minutes. Okay more like 9 minutes.:rolleyes:

End rant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement