Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Trinity don't cater for people who don't have credit cards or for people whose sister's credit cards can't go over 2000euro. I was trying to pay for Trinity Hall for the past week but they don't accept Laser cards for payments over 1500 and I couldn't use my sister's credit card because she has a limit so I spent this week going in and out of my bank, transfering money from here to there and then I find out there's a fine of 65euro for paying it in any other way!
    I've spent 3000euro on college already between fees and accomodation and it hasn't even started yet.:( Crazy.:eek:

You could have transfered the money onto your sisters credit card, at which point her limit wouldn't ahve mattered. limit only affects how much deat you can go into.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I have, like, 4574572384750893275billion things to do today. It's ****ing crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

You could have transfered the money onto your sisters credit card, at which point her limit wouldn't ahve mattered. limit only affects how much deat you can go into.

Tried that.
    Hence the:
    I spent this week going in and out of my bank, transfering money from here to there

A combination of a deadline, an insane bank and a credit card fiend of a sister stopped your suggestion from working. Unfortunately.

This is actually a 'lol' moment, but I chucked it here 'cos it's annoying at the same time.

I popped into TCD accommodation to ask for a reference since I hope to be moving out of my parents' house in due course. The reference arrived today, and it's a nice sheet of paper except for the following line:

"Within the structured context of College residences, she was a very satisfactory resident and paid all monies due promptly."

And for those who do not know, I am definitely not a she.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Myth wrote:
    And for those who do not know, I am definitely not a she.

Some lipstick and a cute skirt to show off your shapely legs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

paperclip wrote:
    Some lipstick and a cute skirt to show off your shapely legs?
    How do you know he has shapely legs? I thought only Ibid and I noticed those.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

David MacWilliams and his fecking hand movements.

Sometimes, just sometimes, BESS creates social problems.

Why, why, why do I create so much work for myself to do? Why do I sign myself up for all this ****ing time-consuming work, convincing myself that it's good experience and it's better to keep busy, when I'm already worn out from an entire summer of it? 'Have to...''s and "need to..."s, but no such thing as "I want to..."

I need a holiday from this "holiday".

BAH.

My parents owe me money. I asked them to book a flight for me to england to see my brother. I ask for a sat-thurs flight. A flight on sunday was booked instead. No refunds. One less day in england. No saturday night out in england with my brother.
    There goes my money.

Prologue: When I booked my flights to Edinburgh back in August, I paid for checked baggage. Flying out of Dublin, there were no problems, but on my way back, Ryanair denied I had paid for checked baggage, and forced me to pay another £10 for my bag. I faxed them a letter of complaint, enclosing a copy of my flight itinerary (showing a breakdown of my charges, including the WCHR levy).

I got the following email from them yesterday:

Dear <Pet>,

We acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 10th of September 2007.

Upon retrieving your booking, we note that you had not paid for checked bags upon making the reservation on our website. As such it was necessary to charge you the applicable fee at the airport when you checked in your bag as per our Terms and Conditions.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
    Yours sincerely

For and on Behalf of

RYANAIR LIMITED

My second fax to them, as of today:

Dear Ryanair,

Enclosed please find a copy of my last letter (to refresh your memory), along with another copy of my flight itinerary. Upon viewing my itinerary, which this time I have helpfully highlighted for you, you will clearly see "Aviation/WCHR levy: €11.58", which I believe disproves your claim that I did not pay for checked baggage upon making my booking.

Just to be extra-clear, however, let's break it down. You may find a calculator useful, in case you wish to double-check my arithmetic:

The total I paid was €64.40.

My fares amounted to €3.98. (That's €1.99 each way: €1.99 x 2 = €3.98.)

My taxes and charges amounted to €48.84. (I can't break this figure down any further; I, like most of your customers, am unaware as to how much of this is apportioned to taxes and how much apportioned to these "charges" you speak of.)

That's €52.82 as a subtotal.

With me so far?

To recap: the grand total charged to my credit card, as you can see in this clearly highlighted photocopy of my credit card statement, amounted to €64.40.

€64.40 - €52.82 = €11.58.

Isn't mathematics wonderful?

QED,
    Yours faithfully,
    <Pet>

Think I'll get my refund now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Pet wrote:
    Think I'll get my refund now?

Honestly? No. They won't have a clue what you're actually trying to say to them because you're actually making sense! (and it'll cost them some money which they technically have no right to anyway!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

[rant]

Worst. GAA. Match. Ever.

Drove from the half way across the country (well not really) to see a match that I wasn't that bothered about the result, which turned out to be crap and there wasn't even any atmosphere in the ground to make up for it.

[/rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

40 hours left for me to cram a years accounting knowledge into me! why oh why do i always leave everything to the last minute!eeeeeek!:(

40 hours left for me to cram a years accounting knowledge into me! why oh why do i always leave everything to the last minute!eeeeeek!:(

There's no accounting for it.

(insert groan here.)

paperclip wrote:

(insert groan here.)
    Oh, dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

paperclip wrote:

(insert groan here.)

Surely that's gotta be ban-worthy? For a day or two at least...

Topic: One of my best friends is leaving the country on Erasmus. This sucks :(

Forgive me, I know not what I do.

On a side note, who's up for a TCD boards beers during Fresher's Week?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Few drinks after the kickabout may be good

Just checking- do they send out stuff about supplementals to people who don't need to sit them? Because today I got one for a specific subject...thought for a moment I needed to resit it, all the grades are gone off the internet...a rather scary moment...

Well they don't send stuff out to people doing supplementals.

• Advertisement

paperclip wrote:
    On a side note, who's up for a TCD boards beers during Fresher's Week?
    I say "Arr, that's a fine idea!"

The match (matches? We have 16 people confirmed and a couple more maybes) is probably going to be on Thursday because the Freshers' will need their ID cards and I'll be moving into campus on the Wednesday so I think a few drinkies after the match in the Pav/Doyle's/my house (depending on numbers)/zaraba and europerson's house/Doyle's/Doyle's is a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

I keep getting shocks from stuff in the lab. It's rather annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 debz929292

student card: we were told by our college yesterday to get our photographs taken in st. stephens green, they cost 6 euro and to go down to trinnity to get an express student I.D, so i did... when i got down ther i was told that they didnt have a scanner to use my pictures (bull$hit) and they would have to take them again!!! only id just spent my last 6 euro and only had 12 left for the card...
    lifes a bitch

Househunting:

BAH.

THE most patience-sapping endeavour ever.

Dead Ed wrote:
    I keep getting shocks from stuff in the lab. It's rather annoying.

I saw that one on X files.. you're in for a fun filled fifty minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Pet wrote:
    Househunting:

BAH.

THE most patience-sapping endeavour ever.
    I hear its difficult this year. My future brother-in-law is currently occupying my room due to househunting difficulties.
    paperclip wrote:

(insert groan here.)
    Well done. I approve.

Moan: Robert Jordan died. He had absolutely no right to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

b.ie polar wrote:
    Moan: Robert Jordan died. He had absolutely no right to do so.
    I hear that renegade...

I'm currently on book 11 (of a predicted series of 12). He was writing the last one and he kicks the bucket. Over a year of my life I've been reading these (they're fair sized books).

Poor chap n all, but that's a right kick in the teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

he didnt finish book 12 actually.

Have fun wheel of time boys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I read the first 3 which were great but the 4th one sucked! It was just terrible so I stopped readining it then.

• Advertisement

&#231 wrote: »
    he didnt finish book 12 actually.

Have fun wheel of time boys!!
    L O L. My thoughts exactly.

[sorry, I realise this is a sad occasion, and that he will be sorely missed by his family and friends. However, for those of us who have no connection to either the man or his corpus, and are mildly bemused by and disconnected from this stamina-requiring Wheel of Time fanaticism, it's an occasion for silly jokes and good-natured teasing. Dec's going to beat me for exhuming and mocking this issue again, but I just had to throw it in there.]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement